• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumday Vacations / Greatway Services Purchase Review

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know of the very positive experience I had with my purchase from Sumday Vacations.

I found a week in their inventory that I liked and contacted them. They gave me a price of $499 including closing. The unit was at Summer Bay Resort. Unit was to be a 2 BR/ 2 Bath worth an annual 75,500 points. Here is the timeline:

8/25 Unit purchased
8/28 Closing docs signed
9/10 Deed sent to recorder
9/23 Deed recorded
10/13 Received RCI Transfer application

This is where I found a problem I didn't catch before. The estoppel was not filled out correctly and I didn't know how the name of the resort should have been on the deed. Turns out, this was the Villas at Summer Bay. Unit was only worth 65,500 points. The maintenance fees were around $755. I was ok with that for the 75,500 points but not the lesser amount. I was originally offered a $250 refund to keep the incorrect unit. I decided that wasn't the best option for me.

I was able to find 2 other units they had available at Summer Bay. Decided on a 3 Bed, 3 Bath EOY Even with first usage in 2016 worth 126,000 points. MF are about $525 a year. They asked for $400 more ($899 total) for this week as it was week 27. I was good with that.

10/16 I accepted the replacement unit.
10/17 Deed transferring wrong unit out of my name returned to Sumday
10/24 New contract signed
10/27 Closing docs signed
10/30 New deed sent to recorder
11/10 New deed recorded
11/29 Received RCI Transfer Application (Correct unit!!!)
12/1 Sent RCI Transfer Application
12/12 Transfer Complete at resort level
12/17 Get an email from "RCI Cruise" and realize the transfer is complete at RCI.

All in all this was a very good experience. Turns out the 2nd unit was the best deal. It was written into the contract that the current owner was to pay the 2015 maintenance fees (and they have been paid) and on the RCI MTA, it assigned the 126,000 points for 2014 to me also!

If we start with the correct unit on 10/16, it's right at 2 months from start to finish INCLUDING the time RCI took! If I had to do it again, it would be Sumday Vacations!

Last edited: