• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to Wyndham

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you've never stayed in a timeshare, renting is a good idea. That will help you see if you like that style of vacationing. Folks here generally do, but it's not for everyone. For example, if you tend to stay at upper-tier hotels, you might miss many of the service elements common to them, but typically not present in a timeshare. You do get a lot more space and unit features, but the style of vacationing is a bit more DIY.

loli

Reaction score
Well this stinks, got a letter from Wyndham and they said that we only had 5 days to rescind, that is CALENDAR DAYS, not business days. If it were business days we would have been home free. Hubby is checking the contract now to see what they had, thought we had 15 days to rescind.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, ALL timeshare sales' groups KNOW that people on vacation are:
1) "On vacation" with doing family things LIKE sightseeing, pools, extended family, sleeping in, etc. Who is going to THINK about reading a 100+ page contract or get on the internet?
2) Basicly, the sales departments are NOT OPEN on Thursday and Friday (and many not open on Wednesday either).
3) Holiday week or not, they know YOU are travelling to/from home, packed with a pile of stuff, overtired, etc.
4) Why all those FREE tours & dining out - to get you in on the 1st full day of your vacation! What is $50-100 if the average closing rate is 20-35% of the people who tour? You brought for $20,000?

Google SATURDAY post offices --- be there to send out your rescind. I know there are fewer Saturday open post offices than a year or so ago ... but it is your $20,000 .... 2 hours of driving to do that is $10K an hour!

And the Wyndham rescind department ONLY does a job they are legally required to do -- honor the documents that are ON TIME--- holiday or not, open post offices or not.

Best to get and USE the 1-800 fax number and get a SENT confirmation receipt, too -- for the FAX.

RESCIND - those 'great' deals will always be offered AGAIN... and AGAIN ... and AGAIN again!!!!

There are better DEALS! Much better deals.

My July 4th advice was NOT followed, was it? What is written in the purchase contracts is all that matters in rescinding these timeshare contracts. Now, you see the logic of getting you into the sales office the first day or two you are on vacation? Holidays, Sundays, open business days for the post office -- none of that counts. It is counting the days per state law from the day you sign the purchase paperwork.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wyndham Vacation Resorts. Start making plans to use your bonus points for a really nice vacation. Reading your Member's Directory and learn how to best use your vacation points.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well this stinks, got a letter from Wyndham and they said that we only had 5 days to rescind, that is CALENDAR DAYS, not business days. If it were business days we would have been home free. Hubby is checking the contract now to see what they had, thought we had 15 days to rescind.

Check post #31.

Mississippi – 7 days

Missouri – 7 days (business)

7 business days would be at least 9 elapsed days.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check post #31.

Mississippi – 7 days

Plus, she brought it just before the July 4th Holiday -- NOT a business day.

Loli ... I really hope this is true in your case. Spending that type of money and getting hung by being a day off rescinding the contract would be ROTTEN EGGS.

loli

Reaction score
Check post #31.

Mississippi – 7 days

So, if post for Missouri is 7 business days, can I send another letter advising of this fact and we purchased on June 30 and the letter we got from them states postmark of July 7, so that should be 7 days right?:wall:

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, if post for Missouri is 7 business days, can I send another letter advising of this fact and we purchased on June 30 and the letter we got from them states postmark of July 7, so that should be 7 days right?:wall:

Plus the Weekend and the Friday July 4th holiday.

loli

Reaction score
Here is the latest on my ordeal, Wyndham says I only had 5 days to rescind, hidden in very small print. Talked to attorney, he says deed signed in MO so I had 7 business days by law. He wants 1500 to send them a letter, and says they have to rescind the sale. Now do I really want to spend another 1500 and drive 2 hours to this attorney that deals in real estate or just bite the bullet and put up with it?:ponder:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Send him back to law school...

Wyndham says I only had 5 days to rescind, hidden in very small print. Talked to attorney, he says deed signed in MO so I had 7 business days by law. He wants 1500 to send them a letter, and says they have to rescind the sale. Now do I really want to spend another 1500 and drive 2 hours to this attorney that deals in real estate or just bite the bullet and put up with it?:ponder:

Personally, I don't believe that the "attorney" with whom you spoke even has his facts straight in the first place --- much like another source cited earlier in this thread:

A link to an "article" (a rather weak reseller article, containing no statutory references) was first provided within this thread in post #31 and then quoted and promptly adopted as being accurate by numerous others thereafter. Just like the misinformed "attorney", that lame article also mentions "7 business days" to rescind in Missouri.
HOWEVER, neither one of these two gems of input is consistent with the applicable Missouri laws' statute language (easily found via TUG link; see the rescission "sticky" which is located in the section directly above the Buying, Selling, Renting forum); it very plainly and clearly states 5 days, with no mention of "business" days.

You can send Wyndham another letter (certified mail) identifying the applicable MO state law rescission period, citing the actual, current MO statute language verbatim. This suggestion of course assumes that you actually met (and can prove having met) the applicable "5 days" Missouri state law deadline in the first place.

Only if you truly believe that you are "in the right" on this and Wyndham continues to refuse to acknowledge and process a timely rescission should you even remotely consider paying any attorney one red cent just to do that which you can initially and very easily do for yourself with just a little bit of effort (IMnsHO, anyhow).

I just re-read the applicable Missouri statute via TUG link. I don't know if it has been revised since the cite date (08/2013), but likely not. Statute simply states 5 days.
I'm not absolutely certain whether that MO statute language means 5 calendar days (yes, most likely, IMO), or 5 business days (unlikely, if not so specified, IMO).

You may well have simply acted too late if you signed a contract in MO on 27 June but your rescission letter was not later postmarked until 07 July; 10 days later. :shrug:

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Following is applicable MO state statute. Apparently poster in #31 had head where sun does not shine.

Here is the exact MO statute

"407.620. In addition to any other remedy by which such an agreement may be rescinded or otherwise voided, a purchaser of a time-share plan or time-share property has five days after the day of purchase to cancel the purchase. Printed notice of this right to cancel shall be given to the purchaser in writing with the use of 18-point boldface type in the following manner: NOTICE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT WITHIN FIVE DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND IF SENT BY MAIL, ADDRESSED TO THE OTHER CONTRACTING PARTY AS SHOWN ON THIS AGREEMENT, CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL CANNOT BE WAIVED."

No way would I pay an attorney $1,500 to write a letter. Typically if done through bar referral would be about $200.

Absent " business" or other qualifier would assume default is elapsed.

Based on preceding would learn how to use.:ponder:

Following is link to actual statute on file!

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C400-499/4070000620.HTM

Type size:

7.5 point

10.0 point

18.0 point

Unfortunately program changed size to all the same but if you go ISP site , etc. it will show 18 over three times as large as small 7.5. This is 10 point!

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest on my ordeal, Wyndham says I only had 5 days to rescind, hidden in very small print. Talked to attorney, he says deed signed in MO so I had 7 business days by law. He wants 1500 to send them a letter, and says they have to rescind the sale. Now do I really want to spend another 1500 and drive 2 hours to this attorney that deals in real estate or just bite the bullet and put up with it?:ponder:

The Missouri law STATES a TYPE PRINT SIZE ... look it up in the TUG section and print yourself off a sample of that TYPE SIZE....

18 point is BIG and you are saying it was buried in small print??? 18/72 = the height in inches. So, 1/4 inch in height for the rescind notice.

The beauty of computers ... or is it, the bland of computers... GO MEASURE ....

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Seems two folks here have quickly identified that it is 5 days in MO, not 7, and that would certainly cast a doubt in my mind about hiring that particular attorney.

If it is 5 days with no qualifier, the only opportunity to effect a rescission would be on the point size. You would need to review the entire contract - all documents they provided you - to confirm that none of them has the rescission language in the required typeface. I think it's unlikely that Wyndham would have missed this, but it's worth looking.

Good luck.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm a bit confused by this. OP bought Monday, 6/30 but found TUG 7/3. She was IMMEDIATELY advised to rescind. OP said they have a post office open that Saturday, 7/5...

In a succeeding post, OP said the letter from Wyndham was postmarked 7/7. That kinda implies Wyndham GOT something on or before 7/7.

OP, when did YOU send your rescission letter? The only thing that's important is YOUR postmark date. What is YOUR postmark date? Sending your rescision letter on 7/5 should have been within the 5 days, no?

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm a bit confused by this. OP bought Monday, 6/30 but found TUG 7/3. She was IMMEDIATELY advised to rescind. OP said they have a post office open that Saturday, 7/5...

In a succeeding post, OP said the letter from Wyndham was postmarked 7/7. That kinda implies Wyndham GOT something on or before 7/7.

OP, when did YOU send your rescission letter? The only thing that's important is YOUR postmark date. What is YOUR postmark date? Sending your rescision letter on 7/5 should have been within the 5 days, no?

OP sent the rescission letter on Monday, 7/7. That is longer than the 5 day rescission period stated for MO. There does not seem to be a "qualifier" stating business days or non-holidays, so even July 4th and Sunday 7/6 count as days.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess my question was after reading everything here, why wait 7/7 when OP confirmed they had a post office open 7/5.

I hope this gets fixed but if not, OP should just learn how to maximize and enjoy what they bought and serve as an example to others NOT to wait.

loli

Reaction score
I guess my question was after reading everything here, why wait 7/7 when OP confirmed they had a post office open 7/5.

I hope this gets fixed but if not, OP should just learn how to maximize and enjoy what they bought and serve as an example to others NOT to wait.

I could not get the copies made on the 5th PO is a small rural one and only does mail.

After reading all the posts on here, I had hubby call MO state AG office. After a conversation with them we decided to just bite the bullet and keep the timeshare. AG said it was a very gray area and would more than likely entail a lot of legal fees and was going to be 50/50 dependent on the judge. You live and learn.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not get the copies made on the 5th PO is a small rural one and only does mail.

After reading all the posts on here, I had hubby call MO state AG office. After a conversation with them we decided to just bite the bullet and keep the timeshare. AG said it was a very gray area and would more than likely entail a lot of legal fees and was going to be 50/50 dependent on the judge. You live and learn.

There are lots of folks here who bought developer, and while they wish they saved some $, they love their vacations. You will too!

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO you made right decision. Developers do have Philadelphia Lawyers.

For a Developer purchase you got a good deal at $26K for 200K points. Most victims are paying $17-$18.

Be sure to read Directory and sign up for on line.

Running up flag pole. Have you considered a 4 in 1 printer, copier, fax, etc. Really nice when do not want to run to copy store or something needs faxing.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lodi, Welcome to the World of Wyndham timeshare vacations.

With your temporary Silver VIP status, you might want to start planning your families BEST vacation. At 60 days out, you can cancel and rebook your vacations (try it at lesser & off season places unless you are driving), to get your discounted (to save points) -- and at 30 days from check, start checking to get your unit upgrade. Learn that you can borrow points - again to book for the discount and unit upgrade -- MAXIMIZE those Silver benefits.

Yes, you get FREE Housekeeping Credits (HKs) for now, but you will run out of Reservation Transactions (RTs), so read up on BOTH of those ... don't develop bad habits that will cost you $$ in another 2+ years. And doing your booking and other things will NOT cost you anything RIGHT NOW, bad habits later will cost you some nuisance fees.

When I first got my Wyndham vacations account - I did NOT do several weekend trips ... I just booked a 10 day vacation 1300 miles from home, invited all my siblings from thru out the USA and walked in. Nor had I found TUG at the point. We all lived thru it ... had a great time ... and have done so many more vacations with those siblings & nieces/nephews ...

Almost all the Wyndham resorts are very nice ... and if you have only 2 weeks of vacationing each year, your annual 200K points will be used up easily each year for PRIME week vacations. In the lesser seasons, you will benefit from the larger units or longer stays. So your GOAL, is to USE these 400K points and leave no points in the account -- and borrow as many points from the next USE YEAR, to get/use your discount and upgrades.

One last thing, with 200K in points, LOOK for the LAST MINUTE BOOKING DEALS on the Wyndham WEB site ... those discounts (up to 8 weeks out from checkin), can range up to 40% off --- many can be found at 30-35% off --- which is better than your SILVER discount. The computer will give you the BEST discount, but LOOK, as sometimes, there is only a few miles from the resort with the bigger discount from the more expensive (point) resort.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I dont want to sound unsympathetic but you didnt need copies. You could have hand written the letter. Or you could have knocked on all your neighbors doors to find one that had a copy machine, or driven from your home to the closest big city to find one . Even if it took all day and 3 tanks of gas, it would have been cheaper than the thousand you are spending now

Ok enough of a lecture you dont deserve. Now that you own it...use it, and enjoy it... You might even want to buy more, which if you buy resale will lower your average cost to something reasonable.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
After a conversation with them we decided to just bite the bullet and keep the timeshare.
Now it's time to enjoy being a timeshare owner! Yes, you could have gotten it less expensively, but you aren't the first person to make this mistake and you won't be the last.

Buying timeshare was one of the best things I did for my family. We've taken more and nicer vacations than I ever would have imagined. We've been owners for almost eight years. Even after all that time my wife and I still sometimes look at one another, sitting in a lovely, spacious, well equipped condo, and wonder how people vacation in hotel rooms.

loli

Reaction score
I dont want to sound unsympathetic but you didnt need copies. You could have hand written the letter. Or you could have knocked on all your neighbors doors to find one that had a copy machine, or driven from your home to the closest big city to find one . Even if it took all day and 3 tanks of gas, it would have been cheaper than the thousand you are spending now

Ok enough of a lecture you dont deserve. Now that you own it...use it, and enjoy it... You might even want to buy more, which if you buy resale will lower your average cost to something reasonable.

Don't need sympathy, but you obviously don't live in a rural area. My only neighbor that lives in the house is 1/2 mile up the road and she doesn't even have internet. We live off of satelitte for everything, can't even get dial up.

loli

Reaction score
Lodi, Welcome to the World of Wyndham timeshare vacations.

With your temporary Silver VIP status, you might want to start planning your families BEST vacation. At 60 days out, you can cancel and rebook your vacations (try it at lesser & off season places unless you are driving), to get your discounted (to save points) -- and at 30 days from check, start checking to get your unit upgrade. Learn that you can borrow points - again to book for the discount and unit upgrade -- MAXIMIZE those Silver benefits.

Yes, you get FREE Housekeeping Credits (HKs) for now, but you will run out of Reservation Transactions (RTs), so read up on BOTH of those ... don't develop bad habits that will cost you $$ in another 2+ years. And doing your booking and other things will NOT cost you anything RIGHT NOW, bad habits later will cost you some nuisance fees.

When I first got my Wyndham vacations account - I did NOT do several weekend trips ... I just booked a 10 day vacation 1300 miles from home, invited all my siblings from thru out the USA and walked in. Nor had I found TUG at the point. We all lived thru it ... had a great time ... and have done so many more vacations with those siblings & nieces/nephews ...

Almost all the Wyndham resorts are very nice ... and if you have only 2 weeks of vacationing each year, your annual 200K points will be used up easily each year for PRIME week vacations. In the lesser seasons, you will benefit from the larger units or longer stays. So your GOAL, is to USE these 400K points and leave no points in the account -- and borrow as many points from the next USE YEAR, to get/use your discount and upgrades.

One last thing, with 200K in points, LOOK for the LAST MINUTE BOOKING DEALS on the Wyndham WEB site ... those discounts (up to 8 weeks out from checkin), can range up to 40% off --- many can be found at 30-35% off --- which is better than your SILVER discount. The computer will give you the BEST discount, but LOOK, as sometimes, there is only a few miles from the resort with the bigger discount from the more expensive (point) resort.

Thanks for this advice. I will start checking out these things and see what we can do for our points, we have 200,000 and an additional 200, 000 for one year to use. That makes 400,000 for use to be able to use this first year. I will start reading to see when I loose the extra points that they threw in for us.