• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

buying points

loli

Reaction score
Is it possible just to buy an extra 200,000 or 400,000 points, or do you have to buy another whole package?

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can buy small points contracts. Usually the smallest is 77,000 that I've see. Check ebay.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to eBay ... and search "Wyndham points deed". Please be very relaxed and perhaps have a icy beverage in your hand. If you get too many hits and want to narrow it down ... add a resort name to your search (like Nashville, Skyline Towers, Santa Barbara, Bonnet Creek).

I have seen 28K points up to 1,000,000 points sold on eBAY --wait I brought that single points package for $1050. - a Wyndham Royal Vista resort UDI deed. (and there might have been a 14K point package once or twice).

The older resorts and the sales department use to use a "STEP" selling plan. 126K/154K for a 1bdr Prime Week; 2bdr PRIME units were 189K/203K. You will see later sales (different resorts) for 406K, 616K, 728K. Add on points deeds could be found for 28K, 49k, 63K, 77K, 105K, 112K, 140K. When Wyndham was BUILDING new resorts, the NEW site would accept trade in deed - say you had a 140K 1 bdr but wanted a 2bdr newer resort -- You might have to trade in YOUR EQUITY in the 140K points for a 406K in the newer resort. Inventory at your old resort could immediate add the 140K on to available for sale. But an add-on deed would have been the 63K second deed to the your 140K -- giving you 203K for a 2bdr. If you had a OLDER resort, the 1bdr would have been 126k and the 2bdr would be 154K or 189K -- needing either a 28K deed or a 63K deed added to your 126K deed.

My 1MM deed is just plain old ego deed at Royal Vista - 5 weeks in a 2/2 is 1,015,000 points. :D

Remember, each deed costs $299 in transfer fees - both in purchase in or selling out. Other closing costs fees are generally less.

loli

Reaction score
are these just points or is this another deeded property with more maintenance fees? Would I be better off just paying the Tug membership and posting an ad in the wanted section for a week at Yellowstone or Hawaii, or buying the extra points?

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
All UDI points have HOA fee plus Program fee whether you buy here, e-bay, RedWeek, drinking buddy, etc.

The resort fee is set by HOA. The Program fee is minimum of $118 and increases with owning over around 210K points.

Resale prices generally reflect HOA fee and ARP and low MF and high ARP command a premium.

Wyndham contracts are generally multiples of 7,000 with 28K being smallest.

New resorts poinst reflect points inflation and often parking fees to keep MF low. Fine if not staying at that resort.

loli

Reaction score
Pretty much answers my question. I think I would be better off advertising wanting to rent a week from someone that isn't going to be using them.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
are these just points or is this another deeded property with more maintenance fees? Would I be better off just paying the Tug membership and posting an ad in the wanted section for a week at Yellowstone or Hawaii, or buying the extra points?

It seems like you are asking about one-time use points. If that is the case, your only avenue is to rent a booked reservation from someone since Wyndham does not allow owner-to-owner points transfers.

All the Wyndham points you see are new contracts (which can be added to your current membership), but incur ongoing MF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You just brought 200K in Wyndham points which has a YEARLY maintenance fee - perhaps about $115-135 monthly MF plus your CWP fee plus your loan payment for 15 years. The ONLY FREE points are your 1 time 200K of bonus points good for a set period of time (no MFs).

If you BUY more points as resale from someone trying to sell - you get to pay those MFs, too.

Start reading the pretty picture book with all the resort points charts. (Also called the member directory). Many of us have the content and rules etched in our brains. We own points and pay MFs ... we KNEW we had to learn the RULES to make the best use of these points with on going costs.

loli

Reaction score
You just brought 200K in Wyndham points which has a YEARLY maintenance fee - perhaps about $115-135 monthly MF plus your CWP fee plus your loan payment for 15 years. The ONLY FREE points are your 1 time 200K of bonus points good for a set period of time (no MFs).

If you BUY more points as resale from someone trying to sell - you get to pay those MFs, too.

Start reading the pretty picture book with all the resort points charts. (Also called the member directory). Many of us have the content and rules etched in our brains. We own points and pay MFs ... we KNEW we had to learn the RULES to make the best use of these points with on going costs.

Our MF are 93 a month, I know if I buy another one that I will have to pay more fees, I just cannot go to a couple of places that we want to go with our points package and I don't want a ton more fees I am better off renting from someone that has already booked. I have enough for the 3 and 4 day jaunts that we like to take.

Thanks for you help

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Our MF are 93 a month, I know if I buy another one that I will have to pay more fees, I just cannot go to a couple of places that we want to go with our points package and I don't want a ton more fees I am better off renting from someone that has already booked. I have enough for the 3 and 4 day jaunts that we like to take.

Thanks for you help

You do have options. You can rent from others, buy additional points on ebay or sumday or other resellers and have the maintenance fees. You can check out your RCI membership to see if there are any last calls that meet your needs. (This often takes weeks to get set up, and you may need to call Wyndham.) You can also look at using the credit pool. The credit pool is a way to extend the use of your points in years you don't plan to travel, use future year points earlier, and a way to avoid a few thousand leftover points that you can't use. However, you have to plan to place points in the credit pool ahead of time, and you lose your ARP on credit pooled points.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
You can also rent add'l points directly from Wyndham (costly IMHO, but it is an option) . There are some limitations. You should see it as an option when making a reservation if you don't have enough points.

Sent from Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for you help

You will be the perfect customer for someone that rents Wyndham points. because you can check availability yourself, and you know the points required.....From what you say Id recommend a service like WinPointVIP.com...Pay a one time fee to join. Then pay for your reservations on a pay as you go basis, at a Platinum owners discounted rate.

Full disclosure, I have a business relationship with WinPointVIP...They use my excess points in their program....I dont profit from their sale of memberships. but I do benefit when reservations are made in my account.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's sad that someone would have to pay a third party for a feature Wyndham decided was no longer good for Wyndham, although a great value for the actual timeshare owners.

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just cannot go to a couple of places that we want to go with our points package and I don't want a ton more fees

If you just need some more points for a particularly high-points vacation, and don't see it being a regular need, then you can also use the points credit pool to use your future year's points early. There is a $39 fee to do this.