• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham refund

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I guided a friend through buying a Wyndham resale on eBay from a "charity" broker in December. Sale went smoothly, they paid <$1,100 with transfer & closing costs, and they're now members. Last week, they got a check from Wyndham Vacation Ownership for a little more than their total purchase price. :eek: They're afraid to cash the check. I told them to go ahead, but don't spend it, so they could be prepared to return it if demanded. Right now, they feel like they got a heckuva deal.

There was no explanation with the check, just their membership #. Has anyone else had this happen?

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points did they buy? Where did they purchase?

The refund may be the maintenance fees - especially if they were prepaid by the charity or previous owner in advance? Wyndham likes to bill the new owner of the account. If there was a monthly payment plan set up for the account then this may be why there was a refund check?

A call over to title services would be a great idea.

Cynthia T. :)

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would verify why I got the check before I'd cash it.

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
They bought in Florida, and I honestly don't remember what the total points were. I don't remember what I had for breakfast. ;)

I'll suggest they call before depositing the check.

Last edited:

antjmar

Reaction score
I guided a friend through buying a Wyndham resale on eBay from a "charity" broker in December. Sale went smoothly, they paid <$1,100 with transfer & closing costs, and they're now members. Last week, they got a check from Wyndham Vacation Ownership for a little more than their total purchase price. :eek: They're afraid to cash the check. I told them to go ahead, but don't spend it, so they could be prepared to return it if demanded. Right now, they feel like they got a heckuva deal.

There was no explanation with the check, just their membership #. Has anyone else had this happen?

I received a check from wyndham for exactly one months mf after a resale purchase. Just a check no explanation. The previous owner had already paid for the following months mf. Apparently they expected the transfer to take longer.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had it happen that the previous owner had prepaid maintenance fees, but Wyndham didn't issue a refund - they just held it as a positive balance. I've had others transfer in with MF's due, and they've deducted from the balance. I'd rather they handled the way they did for your friend, but I suspect they do it that way with mine because I have so many contracts in the account.