• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Estoppel letter for Wyndham Pahio

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I won a TS at Kauai Beach Villas on ebay. The contract came via email the next day with the correct unit information, but I asked to see the estoppel letter before signing it and paying escrow. The seller (probably with a postcard company) claims he gets estoppel info from Wyndham only verbally and offered to send me the owner's name and contact number to check it out, which I asked him to do.

Not getting a written letter seems like a red flag to me. Should I insist on a written one or not? Should I hold off on paying the escrow company or go ahead with payment to get the process started? This unit is exactly what I've been looking for, and the price was unbelievable ($3!); but I want to be sure there will not be any problems later.

Another question: Should I be concerned that the postcard company's name is on the contract instead of the real owner's?

Last edited:

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps but, I've only received verbal on my 3 purchases. I've never seen a written one -

Has any one received a written one???

Great purchase!!!!

Marsha

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Marsha, thanks for your reassurance. I did get written estoppels from Hilton, so I assumed that was normal.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have won 4 Wyndham Fairfield Ebay postcard company auctions--two fixed deeded weeks and 2 Points packages, all based at the same home resort in Florida. It took a long time for each to be completed. Wyndham is notorious for taking up to 6 months to register new owners who purchase resale. I knew this going in. The longest it took for me was 4 months. One was completed in 6 weeks. All ended fine. I bought from 2 different sellers, both of whom have an excellent Ebay rating and have been mentioned favorably by other TUG members.

In the past I would call the seller or closing company and ask them to make a future reservation in my name. Once it was done, it was enough proof to me that they had authority over the week or Points they were selling to me. Now however the guest certificate fee has been significantly raised to anywhere from $99. to $129. so one will not do it as lightly.

I did not do any independent checking on my own, just let the closing company "do it's own thing." I did call or Email them on a regular basis asking for a status report. I kept the Emails and notes of any phone conversations in a file and made sure to get the name of the person. People seem to come and go too often from these companies. Not all of the info they gave me was correct or consistent. At one point I called to complain to the Ebay seller and things were handled very quickly and efficiently thereafter.

But the bottom line is that everything I won was eventually recorded properly within the Wyndham system, as verified by checking my account on-line and/or calling Wyndham Customer Service. And at the ridiculously low prices I paid I felt it was worth putting up with a bit of aggravation.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Please be aware that most Pahio do not have ROFR BUT the former owner of PAHIO who still has a hand in the management has tried many times to take back low priced resales by saying that he has ROFR. ( which mosty of the time is a lie!!)

You must make 100% sure that the closing company not that he word about the ROFR, BUT that he/wyndham must send proof that the unit you're buying is truely covered by ROFR. ( which he is very unlikely to be able to do)

Good Luck and Congrats on your purchase.