• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Greatest Movie Scene of all time??

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scene from Jaws (the original) and one of my all-time favorites. When Jaws first surfaced and thrust upon the back of the boat. I've seen this movie at least 12 times and it's still one of my favorites.

Actually, the opening scene with the girl swimming at night still creeps me out about swimming in large bodies of water.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scene from Jaws (the original) and one of my all-time favorites. When Jaws first surfaced and thrust upon the back of the boat. I've seen this movie at least 12 times and it's still one of my favorites.

Actually, the opening scene with the girl swimming at night still creeps me out about swimming in large bodies of water.

I watched that movie once, in a packed theater during it's first week of release. Never again. Even with the crappy mechanical shark, Speilberg nailed it. I haven't gone in the water since 1975. :)

Cheers!

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Ben-Hur

The chariot race in Ben-Hur is still one of my favorites.

taffy19

Reaction score
Several movies that are mentioned here and many more but "South Pacific" is the movie that made me want to go to Hawaii, when the movie first came out. The story was romantic, the music beautiful and the scenery out of this world and we are still going back year after year but the deserted beaches and open spaces have disappeared.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of good ones mentioned here. Nothing specific comes to my mind though. I asked DH and he couldn't think of anything, either. Then he said, "I'll be back."

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched that movie once, in a packed theater during it's first week of release. Never again. Even with the crappy mechanical shark, Speilberg nailed it. I haven't gone in the water since 1975. :)

Cheers!

I saw a "behind the scenes" thing on Jaws recently where they interviewed Richard Dreyfus and others associated with the film. Many of them were of the opinion that the continued breakdown of the mechanical shark led to the movie being as scary and suspenseful as it was. Because the shark was so frequently broken, Spielberg had to go with more "suggestion" - the idea of the shark, quick glimpses of it, rather than straight on full shark shots. I think that they're right - I've always been of the opinion that the stuff you imagine in your mind is more frightening than what can be seen on screen.

The Blair Witch Project scared the snot out of me, and they never really show you anything. It's that whole "what was that?!?" reaction to a quick glimpse of something that gets me every time, far more so than all-out gore.

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQNHBUqfLnM

"You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...."

This whole movie is so full of great scenes! Billy Crystal, Carol Kane, and Mandy Patinkin are all scene-stealers.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
One of my favorites, it just a brief moment, but I love it. It's in the first "Indiana Jones" movie, when Indy comes out of the tunnel he's been in, takes off the turban he's been wearing and puts on his hat. It's down at sunset so he's kind of in profile....and the theme music is playing.........just gets me for some reason. :D

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
1995 film "Rob Roy" - the scene where Mary MacGregor (played by Jessica Lange) says to Rob Roy MacGregor (played by Liam Neeson) "I won't kill the baby" and Rob Roy replies "It's not the baby that needs killing".

Chills - this is a dramatization of real history.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If we're going to do funny stuff:

Airplane! (1980) -- too many classic lines to count...

Leslie Neilsen: "Can you fly this plane, and land it?"
Robert Hays: "Surely you can't be serious."
Leslie Neilsen: "I am serious... and don't call me Shirley."

LLoyd Bridges: "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."
LLoyd Bridges: "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking."
LLoyd Bridges: "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."
LLoyd Bridges: "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines."

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
If were going to do funny stuff:

LLoyd Bridges: "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit

amphetamines."

Me, too. LOL. Please add: Rumack: "You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital. Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it? Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now".

Agree with Muranjo: Roy Scheider / Chief Brody after he sees the shark for the first time (Jaws) "You're going to need a bigger boat"). The understatement of 1974.

Also, " I am Heathcliff ! " (Wuthering Heights - any version - scene with Katherine declaring her soul connection to Healthcliff ).

Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If we're going to do funny stuff:

LLoyd Bridges: "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines."

OK, my 2nd favorite. Another one that's worth repeated watches.

I'll think of Jaws while we're snorkeling in a few weeks, I'm sure.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 and 2 and then 3

1. The scene in Jaws where captain Quint tells the Indianapolis story.

2. The scene in pulp fiction at the restaurant with Umma Thurman and John Travolta.

3. Final scene in Rocky

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That's easy for me. The lovemaking scene between then-young and handsome Donald Sutherland and gorgeous Julie Christie in Nicholas Roeg's "Don't Look Now". Beautifully lit and shot by Nicholas Roeg, dynamically edited...probably the most erotic yet tasteful lovemaking scene in all of moviedom. If you've never seen this film...and particularly if you're a fan of Venice and European travel...you've gotta rent this one!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The original Indiana Jones when he's being chased in the market and a huge guy steps in front of him showing his prowess with a huge sword. Indy let's him finish his show, then shrugs his shoulders, pulls out his gun and shoots him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Did you know that originally this fight was supposed to last much longer? But Harrison Ford had the flu, or a fever, and wasn't feeling well that day. So they improvised, made the scene shorter, and much more effective I think. :D

dundey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
It's in the hole!

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption, but my favorite scene (one of them) is from Scarface. "Say hello to my little friend!!"

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
The toast scene from Five Easy Pieces.

Maybe it's not the greatest of all time, but it's the only one I remember at the moment.

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a movie not many people saw "Gettysburg":

One of the final scenes: the battle is over and one of the Chamberlain brothers scans the carnage for his brother.

Not a work is spoken, but the score and filming of this scene make a very powerful statement about the emotions of the battle, and it always makes me tear up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vNE_6NAH4