• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MK: what are the odds?

Ohbrenda33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Planning to stay at a disney resort from September 1 to 3 rd. What are the odds I'll find a good value studio for a family of 6?? Any suggestions?
We but don't mind squeezing in, 3 of my kids are under 3. ( yeah, :)):):) I understand they allow up to 5, and one more if the kids are under 3.
True?
Thanks

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Something you should understand ... the value studios are highly valued by DVC owners .... usually gone FAST. DVC fanatics only stay in the studios to sleep ... they hit EMH in the AM and again in the evening. They go to all the parades ... and Downtown Disney to soak up the Magic.

Their goal in MORE Disney days ... studios book first....stay longer.

So treat yourself to a 1bdr ... they have valued 1bdr units also.

PS Disney rarely deposits Studio units with RCI ...

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Akv value studio allows only 4 people plus a child under 3. You will need a 1 bedroom to allow 5 plus 1 under age 3

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshares are very strict about how many people in the unit. You can't sneak people in like hotels. Disney properties require names of all people in the units. That allows everyone to use the benefits of staying on site.

Are you talking about this year or next? If you are going this year (in a few weeks), it will be very difficult to find an available room.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Akv value studio allows only 4 people plus a child under 3. You will need a 1 bedroom to allow 5 plus 1 under age 3

value 1BRs at AKV don't allow 6 either (even if 1 is under 3).

an offsite 2BR would be a much better option...

(and trying to book DVC on 2 months notice is not a good plan either - it does book up well in advance.)

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, do you want a "good value" studio or a good "value studio"? If you are looking to rent points from an owner, you might be able to get a standard studio, but it is pretty late in the season. I think SSR would be the only thing, and that doesn't sleep 5. I did just add on one night to a Poly studio for Sept 1, but I think I literally got the last one, as now it's not showing any additional availability.

A standard studio at Poly for those dates is 16 points for Thursday and 19 for Friday. Renting it at $15 pp would put you at $525 for both nights. That's not cheap, but not terrible, especially compared to what you'd pay from Disney. With all those little ones, monorail access would probably be pretty nice.

Now you just need to find someone with those dates already booked to rent it to you.

(I ran a search with multiple kids under 3, and it let me select even the studios that only sleep 4. I changed the age to older kids, and then it says "cannot accommodate your party size," so maybe SSR would work. Someone else might be able to chime in on that aspect. If you could get that to work, it would be 27 points, and that reservation is available now. You might even be able to get it at a discounted price per point, since it's coming up so soon.)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
There are several 1BRs at Saratoga Springs and 1 or 2 at Old Key West in the September time frame.

Ohbrenda33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I got a great deal from someone on here.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I got a great deal from someone on here.

That's terrific. Can you please fill Us in on the details minus the member's name? I'm really curious as to what you finally settled on since your posts was a tad ambiguous. No harm intended. I'm just very curious.

Thanks
Marylyn

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never mind. I think I figured it out. I believe she used David's website and got the last minute SSR-- $9 pp rate.