• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about Redweek fees

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I haven't been a member of Redweek for several years. I want to try putting my timeshare up for rent with them again (I never had luck with Redweek before tho I usually price low, but I'm not having luck this time around with TUG so...)

I'm confused about Redweek's pricing. Do I need to become a member first (my membership expired long ago) before posting an ad? The membership fee is $18.99 for a year, and it appears placing an ad costs $29.99 for 6 months. So the price of renting a timeshare on Redweek for me would end up being $49.98? Is that correct? I really couldn't find an answer on Redweek.com to my question so I'm hoping someone here can answer it for me. I thought for some reason that becoming a member was all I needed to place an ad. I don't remember having to pay two fees before.

Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - you must have an active membership, and pay for each Ad.

The upside is that registration and fees keep most scammer out.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> Do I need to become a member first (my membership expired long ago) before posting an ad? The membership fee is $18.99 for a year, and it appears placing an ad costs $29.99 for 6 months. So the price of renting a timeshare on Redweek for me would end up being $49.98? Is that correct? I really couldn't find an answer on Redweek.com to my question so I'm hoping someone here can answer it for me. I thought for some reason that becoming a member was all I needed to place an ad. I don't remember having to pay two fees before.

To the best of my knowledge, recollection and belief, RedWeek has always charged a fee to place each individual "for sale" or "for rent" ad.
Similarly, I believe that there has also always been a RedWeek membership fee (which has increased by a few dollars just this year).

As Denise correctly notes however, the registration and membership fee requirement to place (or respond to) RedWeek ads tends to repel most scammers.
Scammers don't want to "pay to play" or create a paper trail which would identify and help to track them if / when their practices proved to be "less than honest".

Last edited: