• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Expiring Banked Points

Kath_kay

Reaction score
We are about to send a contract for ROFR and it has ~80 banked 2015 points that expire March 31. I've read to assume around 90 days assuming Disney doesn't take the contract before we get our points. So if we don't get access to the points until mid/late December how difficult would it be to rent those points out if they expire 3 months? Do we have any other options on what to do with these points?

blondietink

Reaction score
It would probably be easiest renting them out through a place like David's. You won't get as much per point, but at least you will get something.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Availability

The big question whether there will be availability. March is spring break so there probably won't be much available. If you can find something Jan-Feb that will maximum nights (Sunday to Thursday?) that would be your best bet doing it on your own. Put it up on TUG, Mousowners and DISboards. Otherwise, David's would be the place to go.

DisneyDenis

Reaction score
If you go thru Davids, could you post here what he is willing to give you per point? I am in a similar, but worse situation where I have a contract with 50 banked points expiring Jan. 31, 2017. Contract just being sent to Disney.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

blondietink

Reaction score
It all depends on what resort you are buying. Anywhere from $13 per point to $11.30 per point.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what resort you are buying. Anywhere from $13 per point to $11.30 per point.

normally yes, but points that are on the verge of expiring can go for much less - more like $6 per pt to $9 per pt...

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go thru Davids, could you post here what he is willing to give you per point? I am in a similar, but worse situation where I have a contract with 50 banked points expiring Jan. 31, 2017. Contract just being sent to Disney.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

David rents last minute points at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort only, the only resort left most times, for $8 per point. So my estimation is you will get around $5 or $6.

I am going to be in the same situation. My contract passed ROFR in the beginning of September and I have 44 banked 2015 points to use or lose. I will probably lose them. I didn't take them into consideration when I bought my new Disney's Beach Club Villas Resort contract.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
reservation?

In any of your situations, can the person you are buying from make a reservation for you in your name? Then you could either use it yourself or rent it out when it is finally yours?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
In any of your situations, can the person you are buying from make a reservation for you in your name? Then you could either use it yourself or rent it out when it is finally yours?
The closing would be delayed until the reservation is over. With dvc there is no way to do this.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk