• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sleep 5?

Merbears

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone give me a list of the Dvc resorts -in which one bedroom units sleep 5? I know Kidani is one but honestly with all the renovations in the past few years , I've lost track . Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
all can except AKV value category. Only AKV, BLT, OKW will have a sleeper chair for the 5th person. In the others, bring a sleeping bag or air mattress. However, RCI will still say sleeps 4. You can call DVC and add all the names, including the 5th person. We have done this 3X.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are more Studios that sleep 5 at about half the cost.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Five of us just spent 5 nights in a BWV studio and 8 nights in OKW 1 bdrm. What a difference!! Now they never want to go back to studios. lol

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Five of us just spent 5 nights in a BWV studio and 8 nights in OKW 1 bdrm. What a difference!! Now they never want to go back to studios. lol

yeah, the studios are cramped in general - but especially compared to the 1000-ish square feet in an OKW 1BR.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
5 in a studio for more than 3 nights would make me say "is this a vacation?" 5 in a 1BR=awesome digs, IMHO, esp. with a chair sleeper bed. For RCI, it's a no brainer for the slightly higher points, but for DVC it's almost double the points! We still squeeze 4 into a studio sometimes, with poor DS15 on an air mattress.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aulani and VGC also sleep 5 in one bedrooms if you're headed out that way.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I used to tell people that. Once you stay in a DVC one bedroom you can never go back to a studio!!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
5 in a studio for more than 3 nights would make me say "is this a vacation?" 5 in a 1BR=awesome digs, IMHO, esp. with a chair sleeper bed. For RCI, it's a no brainer for the slightly higher points, but for DVC it's almost double the points! We still squeeze 4 into a studio sometimes, with poor DS15 on an air mattress.

I always feel sorry for people who, for whatever the reason, have to sleep 4 adults in a studio. It would kill me. I think two in a studio is more than enough people. When I travel I always reserve a one bedroom because I like the extra TV and the full kitchen and the laundry of course!!

Merbears

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ty all for the info !we are 3 adults 2 teens rci weeks hoping for one bedroom Dvc . Did this two yrs ago . Got Akv . Search is for late July 2018. Feel optimistic.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ty all for the info !we are 3 adults 2 teens rci weeks hoping for one bedroom Dvc . Did this two yrs ago . Got Akv . Search is for late July 2018. Feel optimistic.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas one bedroom are the best bet for so many adults. Two people in the king, two on the sofa and one in the chair bed. With two bathrooms you can do it. It will be tight but you can do it.