• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Dream Share Travel Club

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Dream Share Travel Club? Their web site is Signature Vacation Solutions and it is out of Maryville, TN.

Had some friends go to their presentation in Nashville and it sounded interesting to them, so I said I would see if anyone had any experience with them.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
"Dreams and Solutions" indeed...

Has anyone heard of Dream Share Travel Club? Their web site is Signature Vacation Solutions and it is out of Maryville, TN.

Had some friends go to their presentation in Nashville and it sounded interesting to them, so I said I would see if anyone had any experience with them.

Please, not more timeshare "solutions" and "dreams" (a.k.a. still another vacation club which is here today but suddenly gone tomorrow (...listen closely for that faint POOF sound of quick, complete disappearance).

Some specific questions for your friends to ponder and to which they should obtain very clear answers:

1. How long have these particular "dreams" and "solutions" entities even been in business at all, anyhow?
2. Do they even physically exist somehwere (anywhere?) outside the vapor of cyberspace and occasionally rented rooms for their slick sales presentations of happy vacation "dreams" and truly wondrous "solutions" ?
3. How much upfront cash is required to buy in to these (conceptually) delightful "dreams and solutions"...?
4. ...for access to what, when, where, how often and at what annual cost --- exactly and specifically?

Behind all the smoke and mirrors of slick presentations, what usually exists in these (great cash generating) "vacation clubs" is uncertain (i.e., no guarantees) access to low demand weeks in low demand locations.
More often than not, the available "inventory" consists of RCI "leftovers" and / or unsold developer weeks.
If this "dream" operation is even one iota different, I willl promptly and very gladly stand to be corrected.
Meanwhile, my advice to your friends would be to put their checkbook away and just rent something exactly where and exactly when they might want to travel --- and pass on the "dreams and solutions membership".

'Nuff said.

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have been to these in Denver, Branson, Orlando and Vegas. Basically starts around $9,995 and comes down fast to $2K-$3K range. Most emphasize they do not advertise, just make available to esteemed people like you (who they bribe) who know a good deal.

Presenter gives glowing group pitch with unbelievable deals, then closer moves in for the kill.

Pregnant question is how can Joe's Vacation Club in Podunk with maybe 200,000 members get better deals than Wyndham with over 900,000 members, II with a couple million and RCI with around 4 million.

If one reads sales contract all it says is licensed and bonded travel agent that will get you the best prices it can. No mention of deals sales presenter proffered.

All I have checked have "D" or "F" BBB rating!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seem to offend someone with every post lately, but ......

River ? you have been here (active) for 8 + (4 days longer than me) years and you needed to ask about a travel club ?

smelly1

TUG Member
Reaction score
MyDreamShares travel club

My wife and I recently decided to join a vacation travel club as an option to owning a timeshare. The club we just joined is MyDreamShares out of Las Vegas, NV. :wall:

The concept is great, we thought, but MyDreamShares does not give you what they say they do. We were told that after joining, we could get any available 2 bedroom unit available in the RCI system for $599 + a $200 exchange fee. After joining and trying to get a 2 bedroom during a peak season, we were told that the $599 only buys an off season week in a resort that has little demand. If we wanted a "holiday week at a well traveled resort" our cost would be $1400 plus exchange fee.

That is just 1 of the lies we were told. We are wanting to get a refund on our membership fee for their deceptive practices. Any suggestions on how to proceed to make them accountable such as go to NV Attorney General? File a claim with the BBB? Take them to small claims court? :shrug:

Thanks for any help.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm sorry that you were scammed, but please don't re-post this message in other forums.

Unfortunately, what you have experienced is typical for "vacation clubs."

You can file a report with the BBB, but they have no enforcement capabilities - but it would help to warn others.

The Attorney General is also a good agency to contact.

Small claims court might work, but probably only if the written documents state that you can "get any available 2 bedroom unit available in the RCI system for $599 + a $200 exchange fee."

However, I suspect that this was a verbal promise, and in small claims court, they will look at the contract to see what was promised in writing. If you look at the contract, it probably says the verbal statements are not binding - that is how salespeople get away with the blatant lies that they tell.

Last edited:

smelly1

TUG Member
Reaction score
[merged] My Dream Shares Nightmares

OMG, if they delivered what they promised, it might be a good decision. But what they give us - on paper does not match what they delivered.
1. On paper - We can book any 1 bedroom RCI unit during any season for $499 + $200 exchange fee REALITY - OURS COST $1150 IF we wanted it. We didn't.

2 On Paper - they give us a 7 day cruise and all we pay is taxes and port fees. The Reality - It is a limited number of weeks off season for lower inside cabin rooms and we pay an additional $400 in admin fees.

3. On Paper - they have a travel booking service that beats anything we can find on trivago, easyclicktravel, etc. The Reality - Out of several hotels we tried to book through them, their prices were only lower in 1 instance.

4. On Paper - they agreed to cover both the resort fee and sth all inclusive fee of our first reaort stay. The Reality - They only paid the all mandatory all inclusive resort fee.

Bottom line, had they done what they said they were doing, it would have been a good decision. RCI does have good deals for its members, but the $7995 price tag to join through My Dream Shares does not offer the value they said they were offering. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Smelly1 - Per my previous request in post #7, if you have additional comments about this company, please post them in THIS thread instead of posting in multiple threads.

Every time you add a post to THIS thread it will bump it to the top of the forum, where people will see it.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG, if they delivered what they promised, it might be a good decision. But what they give us - on paper does not match what they delivered.
1. On paper - We can book any 1 bedroom RCI unit during any season for $499 + $200 exchange fee REALITY - OURS COST $1150 IF we wanted it. We didn't.

2 On Paper - they give us a 7 day cruise and all we pay is taxes and port fees. The Reality - It is a limited number of weeks off season for lower inside cabin rooms and we pay an additional $400 in admin fees.

3. On Paper - they have a travel booking service that beats anything we can find on trivago, easyclicktravel, etc. The Reality - Out of several hotels we tried to book through them, their prices were only lower in 1 instance.

4. On Paper - they agreed to cover both the resort fee and sth all inclusive fee of our first reaort stay. The Reality - They only paid the all mandatory all inclusive resort fee.

Bottom line, had they done what they said they were doing, it would have been a good decision. RCI does have good deals for its members, but the $7995 price tag to join through My Dream Shares does not offer the value they said they were offering. :doh:

Thanks for sharing your story and sorry to hear that you got taken on this one. But this perfectly highlights why many here on TUG do not recommend joining travel clubs.

Yes, there are a few TUGgers who belong to travel clubs and are getting good use out of them. But these are few and far between and also, for the most part, they did research and analysed their travel needs, preferences, and circumstances before joining.

suraimcfly

Reaction score
I went through the entire process, from presentation to purchase to.... trying the demo... to cancellation. I gave it a chance. If you google this company, you will find the report file at another site about the lack of full disclosure. Even so, I gave it a chance and purchased, for 30% of asking price.

I think if they disclosed the limitations of their program and price it accordingly, they'd actually make more sales.

The presentation omits information that we timeshare owners all know too well, it's all about dates and supply vs demand. If you want peak times at popular resorts, there's not much this program or any program can do for you. You might need to just book directly. Trying to get a discount for a highly desirable produce is well... unrealistic.

I purchased the travel club plan, logged into the RCI demo account, checked availability for several of my desired destinations and dates....and not a single one came up as a match. I cancelled.

The pitch is that this program opens doors to larger inventory but when I put it to the test, I could not find any availability for where I wanted to go... and the resorts were varied in type and level.

Still open to trying other ideas but this one did not work out for me.