• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott is offering 80K + 7.5K MR points for Premier Visa

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have been considering the Marriott Visa card, now may be a good time.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/marriott-credit-cards.aspx?CP2R=Y71UH0&CELL=6257

OFFER DETAILS:

80,000 BONUS POINTS: This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $3,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Marriott Rewards account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. If your account is not open for at least 6 months, Marriott and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus points from your Marriott Rewards account.

7,500 BONUS POINTS FOR ADDING AN AUTHORIZED USER: This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify for and receive your bonus, your First Purchase and addition of an authorized user to your account must both occur during the first 3 months from account opening. (“First Purchase” does not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Marriott Rewards® account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. If your account is not open for at least 6 months, Marriott and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus points from your Marriott Rewards account.

All correspondence, including credit cards, statements, and notifications will be sent to the name and address on file for the primary cardmember. The primary cardmember is responsible for repaying all balances on this account. Authorized users will have the same charging privileges as the primary cardmember but will not be financially responsible. We provide account information to the credit reporting agencies for all account users. This information could impact an authorized user’s credit score. By requesting to add an authorized user to your account, you affirm that the name and address provided are for true person(s) with whom you have a relationship and who are authorized to use your Credit Card. If Chase determines the name and address provided are false, Chase reserves the right to close the account.

FREE NIGHT REDEMPTION: Marriott Rewards points needed for a standard reward free night range from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 45,000 points for Category 9 hotels. Refer to MarriottRewards.com for all reward redemption values.

ANNIVERSARY FREE NIGHT STAY E-CERTIFICATE: Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from your account anniversary date for your Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate to be automatically deposited into your Marriott Rewards Account. Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate is valid for hotels in categories 1-5. For participating category 1-5 locations, log on to MarriottRewards.com or call 1-800-321-7396. All E-Certificates issued prior to 4/25/15 will have an expiration of 6 months and all E-Certificates issued on or after 4/25/15 will have an expiration of 12 months. E-Certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, or re-credited for points. To qualify for the Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate, your account must be open and not in default on your account anniversary date. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. Annual fee applies. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I currently have the Marriott Visa, I have for many years.

So if I call and cancel my current one, then apply for a new one, do you think I will be eligible for the bonus? It has been way more than 24 months since I received a bonus.

Ray

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

So if I call and cancel my current one, then apply for a new one, do you think I will be eligible for the bonus? It has been way more than 24 months since I received a bonus.

Ray

Good question. Do you and your spouse both have a card though. If your spouse doesn't, you can always have them apply and get the 80K.

gwhamm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to find a way

Good question. Do you and your spouse both have a card though. If your spouse doesn't, you can always have them apply and get the 80K.

I currently have the card but the wife is a joint holder on the account. When l have pursued this in the past they have told me that I need to close our current acccount and then re-apply. Currently on vacation MOC so clsong the account would probably cost me some points or nights which I don't want to jeopardize. Does anyone have any experience to share in a work around solution to this situation?

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have the card but the wife is a joint holder on the account. When l have pursued this in the past they have told me that I need to close our current acccount and then re-apply. Currently on vacation MOC so clsong the account would probably cost me some points or nights which I don't want to jeopardize. Does anyone have any experience to share in a work around solution to this situation?

I shouldn't matter if you wife is an authorized user. I am an authorized user on my wife's card but was still able to get my own.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ray

You can cancel and reapply. You will still need to put a little time between closing and opening. About a month or two may be good. However, I waited about a year. Flyertalk has some discussion about this.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I shouldn't matter if you wife is an authorized user. I am an authorized user on my wife's card but was still able to get my own.

Important to differentiate between an authorized user and a joint card holder. If joint, it is a problem, if authorized they can apply on their own and then add the other spouse as an authorized user. I see no reason to ever have joint credit card accounts.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Got this deal last September minus the 7.5 authorized user.

Marriott also has a deal on Marriott.com book 2 separate night stays get a certificate for a free night up to category 5.