• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Check in at Westin Kaanapali

Tradetimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We arrive later today at the WKORV for my birthday week!:banana: First time in! I would like to have some tips for our vacations.

We have sheduled a day to ''Hana Road'' and a day at Haleakalā for the sunrise. Do yo recommend other activities or place to go?:shrug:

Also, if tugger arrive on the may 30. I can give you the stuff left from my grocey and liquor store, so let me know

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Groceries - Costco stop when leaving the airport of course, we picked up a rot. chicken and ceasar salad made nice chicken wraps with tortillas, case of water, wine/beer/liquor. Pick up flowers for the ladies, nice bunch for $15, heliconia and proteas.

Times market is the next light north of WKORV for smaller size essentials like coffee and creamer, veg and fruit. Next to Times is Slappy Cakes for a fun breakfast, make your own pancakes on the table grill. Fish Market a little further down that road with another market selling organics.
Swap meet at UH on Wed/Sat for trinkets and local artisans - saw some of the same booths that were on the lawn at WKORV.
Lavender Farm and Botanical gardens was a nice trip with great view on the side of Haleakala, take a picnic lunch or buy a pizza there, a guy has a brick oven going selling made to order pizza.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Take advantage of the free valet for 24 hours.

Plenty of advice about what to do with a search. It's hard to make recommendations when we have no idea who you're traveling with, how active you are, and what you like to do.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Search for: Maui Activities

Tradetimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for reply, We will stop at the costo

We have 32 and 30...i will turn to 33 next week :( We are active

We like hiking and water activities. We will look at the Kapalua trail, hana road and Haleakalā...do you recommend other place..Do you know if they have trail at West Maui forest?

I saw Pipiwai Trail on trip advisor...look like far away from kaanapali, i think we will go after the sunrise at Haleakala. its is possible ?

What time do you suggest to leave the resort if we want to see the sunrise?
We would like to rent paddle board, can we rent at the resort ?

ldzierzanowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sitting in the airport ourselves right now on our way to Westin Kanapali. Ready for some sun, surf and Hawaii trade winds. See you all there.

Can we just go to the beach now...please!!!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Do you know if they have trail at West Maui forest?

There are tons of trails on Maui, but most of them are off Haleakala. If you look at a topography map, you'll understand why.

If you really want to hike West Maui, I'd start with the Iao Valley trails, because they're well hiked. Unless you're a very experienced hiker, proceed with caution on less popular trails, and wear good hiking boots. (Or hire a guide -- that's what we did.) West Maui mountains are much steeper than Haleakala and very slippery because of the constant rainfall. You don't want to slip and end at the bottom of a gulch.

Here's a great site with more info:

http://www.everytrail.com/best/hiking-maui-hawaii

I saw Pipiwai Trail on trip advisor...look like far away from kaanapali, i think we will go after the sunrise at Haleakala. its is possible?

The road to Hana itself takes several hours, and it's a very fatiguing drive because you have to pay attention the entire time. There are tons of hairpin turns, not to mention knuckleheaded tourists driving like Grandmas, who don't have enough sense to pull over and let the others pass.

While it's technically possible, I definitely wouldn't want to get up at 2:30am to see sunrise, drive the road to Hana, hike for a half day and then drive back to Ka'anapali all in one day. I'd either do sunrise and then drive the road to Hana, or I'd drive the road to Hana, hike, and then drive home. But I wouldn't attempt all 3 in one day. Nor, incidentally, would I want to be on the Road to Hana (or the road past Hana, if the bridges allow it) past dark.

Another caution is that you must be aware of the weather above you (e.g. at the summit), when you're around Haleakala because when there is a risk of flash flooding. If you drive the road past Hana, look toward the mountain before driving on any surface where the asphalt is missing. It's not paved for a reason. :)

What time do you suggest to leave the resort if we want to see the sunrise?

Ask the concierge, but IIRC ~2:45am. You'll want to be there well before the sun rises to see the colors change. Dress warmly. If it's raining, it may not be worth the trip.

We would like to rent paddle board, can we rent at the resort ?

Yes.

n777lt

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of trails on the WEST side of West Maui (as opposed to the I'ao Valley, which is central to east of that section of the island) which IME are not wet and not very difficult -- though you should always have a map, and hiking shoes/boots rather than sneakers, for uneven footing and scree. One moderate but long trail is the Lahaina-Pali, which has a trailhead on Rte. 30 (milepost 11??) and gives marvelous views. It is quite long from end to end, so you either need to drop off a car at the far end and come back to start hiking (get an early start - it's a full day), or just plan on hiking in a couple hours, turning around and hiking out.
A more moderate walk is the abandoned golf course on the inland side across the highway from Kapalua (unless it has been dug up for development - check with concierge) You park your car on the Kapalua side (near Sensei restaurant) and walk through an underpass to get to the other side of Rte 30...it did have trail map signs when we walked it 2 years ago. Lots of birds, flowers, views of Molokai and Lanai, and quite ignored by the crowds. See http://toptrailsmaui.blogspot.com/2012/03/hidden-hiking-trails-in-west-maui.html which also describes a coastal trail I have never tried.
Also quite spectacular, with some brief steep parts but doable because it's relatively short with spectacular views, is the Waihee Ridge trail. http://alltrails.com/trail/us/hawaii/waihee-valley I was glad to have a walking stick for this one!
Oh my. I'm not sure I can hold out until our January reservation!

ldzierzanowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
8e463aaebcbb8bc58d7b88a59d9e81b1.jpg
9c17b9567406ff0323a1167a8784bff6.jpg
1f3b908b9d7d4750b343049c4c36ad13.jpg
b2e2be4bbbf38dbc290472b50cf801e5.jpg

ldzierzanowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few shots from today at WKORV it is a really wonderful place we have really enjoyed ourselves.

Tradetimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes great place, We really love this place...except the unit view...they give us building 4 room 22-23...they said to me.. its ocean view... i have to break my neck to look at the ocean :)

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
nice pics, looks great. sigh. not this year.

TrojanRickus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
SDO
WKV
Great time..

We are here too. Great weather!! Last week was cold and this week is perfect.

ldzierzanowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just took the tour for fun. They must be selling property it was packed! Oh well more for us on the resell market.

Can we just go to the beach now...please!!!

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1432678074021.jpg

We are here also. 1st time in a long time we have seen waves here at the beach in front of the resort. This is a picture of our typical set up at the beach every day so if any tuggers are walking by stop by and say hello.

We are here at least twice a year and this is the 1st time we were put in the dreaded bldg 4 facing the parking lot. At least it is on the 5th floor. They did offer to move us to bldg 2 but it was on the 1st floor with the new shuffle board area just outside so we stayed put in our 5th floor unit. Actually isn't too bad because it looks out to the mountains. Hard to complain after spending a few days at the Grand Wailea in the Napua tower then a week here at WKORV then another week at MM1 followed by another week at HGVC Grand Waikikian.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
View attachment 2107
We are here also. 1st time in a long time we have seen waves here at the beach in front of the resort. This is a picture of our typical set up at the beach every day so if any tuggers are walking by stop by and say hello.

Great minds think alike (same spot in front of B2) - we also include a parasheet with the TB chairs and umbrella, and umbrella hold-down - great for beaches.
Cute wife not included...

8c385d9e5163f6ecfaab5b2ace3f3fda_zps5b9ad2f4.jpg

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only 101 days, 15 mins, and 13 seconds until we arrive @ WKORVN for our next visit!!!

But who's counting...:D

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be arriving on Sunday. Who will still be there?

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
d28e8e6e0fac51744276840ea87e3ce2.jpg

Cute wife included along with kids with endless energy.

We are here till Sunday but check into MM1 saturday so we have a day overlap. Works good so we aren't homeless between check out and check in.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432687189207.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432687189207.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Tradetimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can we upload a photo? If you listen some french...its us at 99%

We ''try'' to make Paddleboard this afternoon ;)

Last edited:

ldzierzanowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traded with you crf450x. Checked out of WKORVN today and moved into the Napua Tower at the Grand Wailea. Unlike you we go home after this. Booooooo!!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
How can we upload a photo? If you listen some french...its us at 99%

We ''try'' to make Paddleboard this afternoon ;)

My favorite way is to open a Photobucket.com account (free, and also get the free App), upload photo(s), and then click on IMG link, and paste in a TUG post.

Tradetimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I hope your enjoy everything crf450x

Last edited:

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
9cc7f0e483ee063bbf3d22dc687c7997.jpg

Checked in yesterday. Lovely Island View in Building 6. After a long travel day, the family was not in favor of stopping at Costco. We checked into the resort and hit Times Supermarket for a few staples. Walked to Whalers Village this morning and met a fellow Texan from our neck of the woods. Picked up owners gift from the concierge and declined the owner's update for 4000 SPG points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying WOKORV-N. I can't wait to be there in July and then August for my daughter's wedding.

Where in Texas are you? We live just outside Austin.