• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lack of availability on II for SVV

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is probably a dumb question. Is there a particular reason that a Starwood owner would want to trade into SVV over another property like one of the Marriotts? Is it a matter of preferred location? SPG program credit? Don't like any of the Marriotts? Some other reason?
We do love Svv but would definately try marriot grande vista but we never get offered a Marriott for exchange in Orlando so I figured we were blocked as Svv is our home resort. But definately would try one if we were allowed xxx

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry. I listed the information to give some concrete data as to how quirky II is. I think you should try using both your 2015 and 2016 week as an Exchanger, and depositing a 1 bdrm v. a 2 bdrm (if you have a lockoff) to see if there's a difference in what you see.
Thank you, I search for the whole of the year and only leave the occupancy as one in the hope it will through something up , I have several times actually had less exchanges come up for the 2 b/room unit than when I split and I also search as you have suggested trying both 2015 and 2016 and sometimes just keep hitting the button to refresh in the hope that something will magically appear, so I live in hope xxx

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect that in the past, OP was able to slit their 2BR lock off and get two exchanges back into their home resort in a larger unit. We are not seeing that happen as frequently (hate to say never!) as before.

Or I could be wrong :ignore:

Yes we have never had a problem doing this in the past its just that there is not only less dates available but also not very many 2 bedrooms xxx

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Yes we have never had a problem doing this in the past its just that there is not only less dates available but also not very many 2 bedrooms xxx

There are several Marriott's that are two and three bedrooms, not lock offs.
Marriott Sabal Palms 2BR sleep 6
Marriott Royal Palms 2 BR sleep 7
Marriott Imperial Palms. 3 BR sleep 8 maybe 10?
These three are in the grounds of the Marriott World Center Hotel. Great amenities.
Marriott Cypress Harbour 2 BR sleep 8

Edit, you need to go online and update your request. Because this is a non Starwood request, you will have to pay the difference between Starwood exchange fee and regular $174 exchange fee

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do love Svv but would definately try marriot grande vista but we never get offered a Marriott for exchange in Orlando so I figured we were blocked as Svv is our home resort. But definately would try one if we were allowed xxx

Interesting. I have a cheap 1BR non-Marriott trader that can see 2BRs at most of the Marriotts (Grande Vista, Cypress Harbour, Harbor Lake, Sabal Palms, Royal Palms) plus Sheraton Vistana Villages as well.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What are the changes and new points program?:eek:

Briefly: Starwood has created a new points program with 5 resorts. [Starwood has not published all the details], but essentially, they are now selling points, instead of deeded weeks at the Florida Resorts + SDO. People have been hearing about it at sales presentations.

Basically, it's a way for Starwood to take undesirable off-season weeks back into the fold, and sell them as points for big bucks, and also to convince owners of deeded weeks that they should spend a lot of money and convert to points. Since Starwood has no new resorts to sell, this is a way to create something new to sell... out of nothing... :D

Two threads:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223244

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222690

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It has been announced. I read about it in a few SVO emails.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

I mispoke here - there has been a "general announcement," and I should have said that "the details haven't been published by Starwood," so most of what we know is from sales presentations.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I mispoke here - there has been a "general announcement," and I should have said that "the details haven't been published by Starwood," so most of what we know is from sales presentations.

I spoke to a salesperson on the phone in Wednesday regarding SVV. And I had the pitch for the new points program that is deeded in the "group".

44K points EY was $15,000 and EOY was $8,500. Maint fee under $600 :eek: :ignore: :rofl:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I spoke to a salesperson on the phone in Wednesday regarding SVV. And I had the pitch for the new points program that is deeded in the "group".

44K points EY was $15,000 and EOY was $8,500. Maint fee under $600 :eek: :ignore: :rofl:

So how many did you buy? ;)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They never give details… that is what sales presentations are for.

I agree - I was just trying to clarify what the source of our info. was, for the person who asked. (Word of mouth - vs. official details.)

Last edited:

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
SVV and II

As you will probably recall from my earlier post about SVV and lack of availability this year on II which hasn't got any better with very few dates available for exchange I am still very suspicious that there is something going on that we aren't being told about and to add to my suspicions I have just read a post onII forum from someone saying that they have been told that Starwood will no longer be depositing SVV with II , forgive me if this isn't word for word but this is what I have taken from it, I think there is definitely something going on and they are possibly holding back inventory for some reason , as has been said many times on here Orlando has a glut of timeshare and every year there has always been an abundance of exchange and getaways throughout the whole year for SVV but not this year xxx

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood has 100% control of what is deposited with exchange companies. They may very well be holding back inventory for the new Flex program. We will never know….

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect that the lack of availability could be a filtering overlay implemented by II (presumably driven by Starwood) that limits the availability SVV, and/or Starwood, owners can see. I do not believe I am seeing the same scarcity in SVV availability that the OP has been experiencing.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, please don't shout at me for being a bit stupid but can anyone tell me why there would be so little availability on II both exchange and getaway for SVV for late sept - mid October , also I keep checking the sightings board is no one interested in Starwood depositssightings as they all seem to be about dvcetc
Thank you xxx

Sometimes in late February of this year; SVV reduced their getaways in II and in exchanges.

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you will probably recall from my earlier post about SVV and lack of availability this year on II which hasn't got any better with very few dates available for exchange I am still very suspicious that there is something going on that we aren't being told about and to add to my suspicions I have just read a post onII forum from someone saying that they have been told that Starwood will no longer be depositing SVV with II , forgive me if this isn't word for word but this is what I have taken from it, I think there is definitely something going on and they are possibly holding back inventory for some reason , as has been said many times on here Orlando has a glut of timeshare and every year there has always been an abundance of exchange and getaways throughout the whole year for SVV but not this year xxx

Just guessing, but there are plenty SVR weeks available, maybe they want to get rid of those first? What is more curious is there are almost no 2016 weeks released. Last year they started to release the 2015 inventory in September. Like Denise says, no one really knows except Starwood.

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they are no longer depositing with II, are they switching to RCI?

Also, will we lose our II membership?
Sue

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are still affiliated II - just not depositing as much inventory. Since most Starwood resorts are only affiliated with II, it's unlikely that Starwood would drop them.

Last edited: