• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

no more renting-transferring of Wyndham pts. between owners

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, none of the above - bought points resale.

Good, you have the answer to your question already.

WIth hotel occupancy rate lower than 911, these 2 years should be golden opportunities if you can travel.

I should do nothing if it does not benefit me. Our goals are not aligned.

Agree, if that is the case, a floating week is more benefits than a point system.:D

Jya-Ning

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the large points owners have more votes they control the trust.
I don't realize summer is already here, so you just want to generates some conversation.

1) currently, there is no vote in the trust.
2) if there is a vote which at this moment is not happening and does not see the happening, most of the Home Association type of trust is one person one votes.

The individual resorts do have votes, the one I have is counted by person, I have not yet get to one that counts by the week you owns.

Jya-Ning

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Like lprstn, I don't care about this change though I'd prefer if they just limit the transfers rather than take them away altogether. It appears that this may be coming. I want Wyndham to remain a solvent company in this tough economy and to continue to open new resort destinations. We enjoy using our FSP points for our family's vacationing.

I have rented out or given away an occasional vacation stay and the increased GC fee is outrageous - much more concerning to me than the clamp-down on points transfers.

We've made use of the Points Credit Pool to allow us to combine points from multiple years. This is the option to consider when planning a family reunion, which usually needs to be planned well in advance anyhow. Remember that you can bring forward your points from several years in the future, into the Credit Pool now. It's more flexible than at first glance.

We've also rented enough points to bring our leftovers to 28K and used it for an RCI deposit (during the last 90 days of our use year). These have been useful for making a low-cost Orlando, Williamsburg, Branson or offseason trade. So we've rarely had leftover points that expired.

Just a few thoughts for the average Joe to consider when looking at how this change may or may not affect you directly.

Last edited:

jdb0822

Reaction score
jdb0822:
For you the new rule is a detriment, but, for large points owners it is a great benefit since there is leee competition for the premium units. Since the large points owners have more votes they control the trust. As in any demcracy the rules benefit the majority. You can always buy more points and be benefited that way by having more access to premoum(high points) units.

I think you missed my point. Owning more points would mean that I would still take the risk of having not enough points or too many points each year, with no outlet to do anything with them. Whether I have 126K or 1 million points, the same fact is true.

What vote are you talking about? Seems no other owner has been asked to vote. What are the details of this vote you submitted? If you own weeks, how would you be able to vote on a pure points issue? Some explanation is needed here.

I am not talking premium (4 bed presidential, etc).

I am talking off-season to high or peak season. I use 126K for a standard 2bed in off season, if I got during a high season, that would be say 154 or 170K. So I would rent from someone 26K or 52K, etc. I am getting the same 2bed unit, just a different time of year.

Since you obviously own weeks rather than points, you are in a different situation entirely.