• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

For sale by owner on Ebay

chucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering listing my timeshare for sale on Ebay. This would be like a For Sale by Owner. What is other people's experience with this.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi and welcome to TUG!

Ebay is the place for the bottom of the barrel prices. If you just want to get rid of it, you may find a taker, but if this is a timeshare with genuine resale value, you will get the lowest price there.

If your timeshare has a high resale value, I would consult with 2 or 3 reputable brokers and see what they can do for you, first.

If you just want to get rid of it, I'd try to give it away on TUG, where you will not be charged for your Ad, and you won't have to pay fees like you do on ebay. Assuming, it's paid off.

How can I give my timeshare away on TUG -> http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering listing my timeshare for sale on Ebay. This would be like a For Sale by Owner. What is other people's experience with this.

Since you have posted this question in the "Ratings of timeshare businesses" section, it might very well get mostly missed and overlooked (if not moved by a moderator).
Place it wherever you wish, but the "Buying, Renting, Selling" forum below would be a more appropriate location and one likely to yield more replies.

My own opinion however, since you've asked, is that your timeshare is likely to just get "lost in the noise" among a thousand or so other timeshare listings on eBay every single day --- many of them junk and many of them available for just a buck or two --- with many of them still going unclaimed even for just a dollar. :shrug:

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

Welcome to TUG. There are costs associated with selling a TS on eBay. There are places you can use that are basically free.

It depends exactly what you own and if it has real value or not.

If you are looking to just get out and give it away totally free a good place is FreeCycle.org Not all cities will accept timeshare give aways but some do and the response is usually good.

Another good give away place is here on the TUG forums in the "Bargain Deals" forum.

Look through these advice articles.

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/tug_timeshare_advice.shtml

I just bought a ts on eBay from someone selling their own unit and it went pretty smoothly after they found the right closing agent.

If you have a seller and buyer who don't know what they are doing there could be a lot of delays and frustrations.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
to avoid the problem Theo mentions, ie being lost in the noise on ebay, you will want to make your ad look as professional as possible, with lots of pictures. and good copy.

The things I think are important in a do it yourself transaction are that at least one of the parties needs to know what they are doing, otherwise its the blind leading the blind. and you have to trust each other. If you dont know the other party thats difficult, so I recommend a third party to handle the deed prep and recording . and an escrow company if there is any money involved.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
You're getting some very good advice from the posters (above).

I've bought from ebay on two occasions and paid low prices. I've also bought tons of other stuff on ebay. But I steer clear of any TS seller who has only sold a few dozen items. If I see a seller with only buyer feedback and no seller feedback I completely steer clear of them. I've noticed with in-experienced sellers that the closing sale price is typically lower than it would be if they had more experience. It seems that other buyers are also reluctant to be a first-time seller's "guinea pig".

If you don't really know what you're doing and how to get the paperwork completed, selling a TS on ebay may be a challenging way to go IMHO.

Try selling on Tug or on Redweek.