• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Hi. I am a genuine timeshare scammer.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You --- THE END

<snip> The main question that keeps coming up is how scammers get ahold of your information in the first place. I don't know. I have no idea where the original data comes from. <snip>

Thank you. Not being even remotely or potentially subject to any lame scammer tactics or practices (most certainly including yours) this was actually the one and only question or interest I ever really had here.

Albeit belatedly, you've finally answered the question --- you have no idea. That's fine and I appreciate your (...ahem) "honesty", but this constitutes the end of my even reading this particular thread again; a thread which begs for the administration of something considerably stronger than "ambien", IMnsHO.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's almost 3am. I really do need to sleep now. I have to figure out how to make an honest living tomorrow.

I'd love to see what you would put on your résumé or job application form under Job Experience for the Last 2 Years. I guess you would have to be very "creative" or brutally honest.

Hmm. I wonder how a former upfront fee scammer would "creatively" describe his previous job experience.

Some possibilities?:

"I worked for a worldwide, multi-million dollar real estate advertising firm."

"I helped major credit card companies (or money wire transfer companies) earn large commissions."

Reaction score
I just read this article about a "real" timeshare scammer

The West Palm Beach man was sentenced July 31 for his role in a Palm Beach County boiler room scam that bilked $3.3 million from time-share owners across the U.S. and Canada. A boiler room is a telemarketing office that employs high-pressure tactics to squeeze payments from customers who will never receive the promised services.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-west-palm-boiler-room-20120801,0,6773148.story

jc92869

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting

I read the OP and the first page. I stopped reading after that. But for what it is worth, the story was interesting. Reminded me of that movie boiler room.

Travelclam

TUG Member
Reaction score
yup, what's the ROI, eh?

So, Scammer, of these 130 leads many will be cold but others will be easy marks. After going through one scamming cycle (i.e. including follow-up scams) for these 130 leads how much revenue would you expect to get? $25K, $100K?

Just for comparison to other trades/markets::ponder:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I just read this article about a "real" timeshare scammer

The West Palm Beach man was sentenced July 31 for his role in a Palm Beach County boiler room scam that bilked $3.3 million from time-share owners across the U.S. and Canada. A boiler room is a telemarketing office that employs high-pressure tactics to squeeze payments from customers who will never receive the promised services.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-west-palm-boiler-room-20120801,0,6773148.story

Good to see the thread back, it was very interesting. Congratulations to the FBI's Florida Office. Maybe this will keep there roll alive and send a message to other Timeshare Rescue type operations.

gkbiiii

Reaction score
The Most Fascinating Read

This thread is two years old, but I can stop reading it. It is like the real life "Boiler Room" & most recently "The Wolf of Wall Street", which is the true story of Jordan Belfort.

SO does anyone know what has happened this this young man, since the last post. I think it is more lily real than not and would be interested in a continuation of the story, of his life work. :rolleyes:

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
Well, for what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all 13 fascinating pages.

arlock

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand how the amount scammed can be 8 million bucks a year for just that guy, bearing in mind that there are other scammers. Online sources put the figure of Americans who own a timeshare to be between 1.7 and 7 million people (BIG range). Nonetheless, that's (for this guy alone) one out of 900 or 3600 owners each year, depending on which source is correct, that fell pray to this guy alone. Bearing in mind that not all owners go on to the sales presentations, these numbers must be skewed somehow. Am I wrong, or missing something?

NJ2Aruba

Reaction score
The best rule of thumb is "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." If you are looking to sell your timeshare and it is at a nice resort at a competitive price (i.e. much lower than full "presentation" price), it may not sell overnight but it should sell. Buyers will be individuals not "companies in the business of buying."

In my opinion, timeshare resorts are losing a big opportunity with resales. Granted, they can't try to sell full price and then say "oh by the way, here is a list of resellers who you can buy timeshares from for a lot less."

What they CAN do is fix an amount, let's say $5,000 to $10,000 and buy back timeshares from owners who have 20 or more years remaining. The buybacks at $5K would go for $10K and the buybacks at $10K would go for $15K. The catch here is that people would have RTU every other year.

I'll bet there are plenty of people who go to Aruba for the first time, fall in love with the island, take the timeshare tour, find that price isn't what they can afford and that is that. However, at a price of $10,000 or $15,000 to come back every other year for twenty years, that would be more like it!