• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Joining RCI

Reaction score
I am currently a WorldMark owner with 10,000 credits.
To join RCI I would need to pay a yearly membership fee of $89.00
Is there an advantage to having both?

Bill4728

Reaction score
Join RCI, if you want to trade outside of WM. But many WM owners just use their WM points at WM resorts and don't trade outside of WM. Therefore joining RCI isn't needed.

PLUS many WM owners find they like the trades they get with their WM points better in II than RCI. So if you do want to join an exchange company, which one to join ? is also a question.

Good Luck

PS WM will tell you that RCI is better than II. But you must know that the company which sells and manages WM also owns RCI (kind of). So what would you expect them to say?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been to several WM resorts and I am limited to the number they have
available. Almost all are on the West coast and Hawaii. In the Summer it is impossible to book a resort unless I give them a years notice. If I am a member of RCI does that give me more resorts to stay at and be able to book shorter then a year out in the summer?

Steve

Reaction score
I would think twice about joining RCI...

Realistically, you'll probably have far fewer choices of prime summer weeks through RCI than through WorldMark...and you'll need to request your exchanges TWO years in advance instead of one. Of course, it depends on where you want to go. But, based on your comments, I think that it is very likely that you'll be disappointed in RCI. I previously owned WorldMark credits, and their internal reservation system is much easier to use (and get what you want) than exchanging through RCI has ever been.

Steve

Reaction score
Does a member of RCI use their WM credits to book at a RCI resort?
Most of the WM resorts are on the west coast. Would I have more opportunities to stay at resorts on the east coast?