• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC's no longer good 59 days out?

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed the thread here? But I just tried to exchange a 1brdm AC for MFV (Fairway Villas) and it wont let me. I can see if with a gold week studio and 1 brdm Marriott. I'm annoyed cause it will be gone by the time the office opens today (if at all)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Was the studio a Marriott? If so the week may have been in Marriott preference which the AC does not have or the AC might not have not had enough trading power even though you could see it with a studio. There have been reports that an AC did not have enough power to pull a HHI Marriott on the day of check in and this was verified by calling in.

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a studio in Marriott.. The week should be in flexchange its 28'ish days out.. Makes waiting for AC's useless...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not all ACs go grid free 59 days out. Some also still carry heavy restrictions, even inside 59 days. Not all ACs are created equal. How did you get the AC that you are using? From depositing a week or as a bonus for doing an exchange or buying a getaway? Or some other means of a free AC?

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was for depositing my weeks.. which I thought were the grid free ones 59 days out..

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It was for depositing my weeks.. which I thought were the grid free ones 59 days out..
It is grid free at 59 days, it just doesn't mean that it has enough trading power to get anything that happens to be available at 59 days out and it doesn't have Marriott priority.

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought in flexchange for the most part all restrictions were gone. Preference & size.. I've used my 1brdm AC from depositing in the past very well..

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairway Villas is not available in August according to the grid I have. I am all but certain that you cannot trade into properties for months not on the grid.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Do ACs have Marriott preference, even if it comes from a Marriott deposit? I don't know the answer. Can you see the studio with a non Marriott deposit? If so, I would think that the AC should be able to pull it. It is a studio after all. ACs from a deposit usually have the most pull and are just about unrestricted inside 59 days. If any restrictions are there, I would think that the only units they perhaps couldn't see are the larger units.

If you can't see the week with a Marriott deposit, I would suspect that the Marriott preference is keeping you from getting it.

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, I don't have a non-Marriott deposit. and the week is gone now. just frustrating..

EDIT: so it appears those weeks have preference and the AC's don't have preference. I tried the same thing with a week in St. Kitts. AC couldn't see it, 1brdm deposit could. So a few things here could have happened..

- Marriott/II now marks their close in weeks with preference up until checkin
- I got a wrong AC that should have preference
- II is restricting their AC's more from deposited weeks

Last edited:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do ACs have Marriott preference, even if it comes from a Marriott deposit? I don't know the answer. Can you see the studio with a non Marriott deposit? If so, I would think that the AC should be able to pull it. It is a studio after all. ACs from a deposit usually have the most pull and are just about unrestricted inside 59 days....

Not sure what you are saying. I realize the most size restrictions are gone at 59 days, but are you saying location restrictions should be gone as well? I have a strong AC from a 2BR Waiohai deposit and have not notice this.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought in flexchange for the most part all restrictions were gone. Preference & size.. I've used my 1brdm AC from depositing in the past very well..

These days during flexchange trading power is relaxed, not removed and as you get closer to check in it gets further relaxed. One extreme example is Marriott Crystal Shores. There are times at say 40 days out during off season in November it is visible only with a 2 br beach or Hawaii platinum week or 3 br Orlando platinum week, and a few other non marriott 2 br like a platinum Four Seasons (not visible to a gold Four Seasons)

So it could have been preference or it could have been a 2 br Marriott in summer even at 45-59 days required a stronger trader than an AC.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure what you are saying. I realize the most size restrictions are gone at 59 days, but are you saying location restrictions should be gone as well? I have a strong AC from a 2BR Waiohai deposit and have not notice this.

With some ACs the grid drops if you are searching inside of 59 days from checkin. You enter dates in your search that are only for inside 59 days and you don't get pushed to the grid. Enter dates that are outside 59 days and the system throws up the grid. So the area restrictions are removed also inside 59 days, or whatever number of days the AC allows. Some ACs are grid free at 45 days, some 30, some 14, etc.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
With some ACs the grid drops if you are searching inside of 59 days from checkin. You enter dates in your search that are only for inside 59 days and you don't get pushed to the grid. Enter dates that are outside 59 days and the system throws up the grid. So the area restrictions are removed also inside 59 days, or whatever number of days the AC allows. Some ACs are grid free at 45 days, some 30, some 14, etc.

Mine doesn't show the grid either if you search inside 59 days, but the minute you click on an available property not on the grid, the grid reappears.

Now, I just tried it for 30 days out, and the grid did not reappear. Even Maui showed up. Thanks for the quick tutorial. :clap

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
i had no grid this morning. so I wonder if it comes down to trading power now. but the AC still showed the week in my search. When I clicked it, I got the "no weeks available anymore" box.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Mine doesn't show the grid either if you search inside 59 days, but the minute you click on an available property not on the grid, the grid reappears.

Now, I just tried it for 30 days out, and the grid did not reappear. Even Maui showed up. Thanks for the quick tutorial. :clap

Yeah, it does take some trial and error to find out when the AC becomes grid free. Just start with dates at 59 days. If it pushes the grid, change to dates 45 days out. If you get the grid again, try at 30 days and then again at 14 days. I don't think there are any ACs that are grid free less than 14 days. Though perhaps some may go as low as 7?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
i had no grid this morning. so I wonder if it comes down to trading power now. but the AC still showed the week in my search. When I clicked it, I got the "no weeks available anymore" box.

Was Atlantic City/NJ on the grid for August? Perhaps it requires few days out to be truly grid free?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it's just trading power. I had the same thing happen with a 14 day grid pulling very few prime 2 br even in the 14 days it was open. It could pull a prime studio or 1 br and during the off season it had no problems pulling a 2 br. It would show availability in the general location but when you clicked the location, it would say no availability.

While they are given as an incentive they are also designed to get rid of excess inventory. Prime,not so last minute 15-59 days out, will probably get taken by a deposit, II's first priority. If it doesn't and it sits long enough then it will become available for AC's.

Last edited:

dannybaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
All ACs are different

We have two different AC and the both show different availability at the 59 day mark. We noticed they did not show several of the high end Marriotts even 7 days out. We used a marriott studio to compare and it was amazing how little the AC showed up. Interesting thing was sometimes we would try several times with a AC and different units would show up. We tried standing on one foot and it seemed to help, lol.:annoyed:

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
So i've lost faith in these things totally.. Looking for just 3-4 weeks out and the availablity is horrendous..

I compared it to a 1bdrm Aruba deposit (that got me the AC to begin with). I could see a studio at the Fantasea resort in AC with the deposit but not a 1brm AC. I would think that place is pretty low on the trading scale, its got dismal reviews. So this AC is basically good for going to the UAE in Summer.