• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lahaina Villas vs. Napili Villas

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon

I love flip flops measurements...

:whoopie::whoopie::whoopie:

That's all I have to add to this...

smithde

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also think Napili Villas 2BR would be superior to the Lahaina Villas 2BR because the balcony view plane is better. I always wondered why they made the wall so high in Lahaina Villas, such that you can't see through it when sitting at the table (on most floors). I now realize they corrected this flaw and the Napili 2BR balconies must have better view plane.
Greg,

If I remember correctly, Mariott only fixed the balcony wall problem in the 2BR Napili Villas on some floors. I believe several floors still have the wall. In my view, Marriott really undersized the balconies in both towers. Hyatt did the balconies correctly in their new building. Much larger, designed to be an extension of the living space and if I memory serves - a clear "wall" to take advantage of the view.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Are you talking about the window height and lanai wall differences on the 5th and 7th Napili floors?

No, I'm not talking about the very open windows and wall in Lahaina 5/7/9 and in Napili 5/7 (which are tremendous), I believe the wall is a little shorter and the railing a little longer in Napili, improving the view plane in that building.

I took pics and will post when possible.

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Okay, here are the two pictures that I took, both of the second floor balcony at Lahaina and Napili. IMO, the railing view is shorter on Lahaina than on Napili, and the picture I believe shows that.

However, the picture suggests the wall height is the same, which I didn't experience when actually on the balcony.

Please note, when I first visited Lahaina 4206/24 in 2008, one of the first thing I noticed was that my view was modestly obstructed when sitting at the table outside. There is no doubt in my mind that the view from Napili 6304/26 was less obstructed when sitting at the table (and please recall, I've been doing this for 7 years, and noticed a difference in Napili immediately).

So....unclear what is going on, but I wanted to post the two pics, and we need a Napili expert to weigh in on the differences in staying in a 2BR OF in Napili vs. Lahaina.

(Okay, I can't figure out how to embed Images -- any help here?? Pics are linked here.) Thx

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Okay, here are the two pictures that I took, both of the second floor balcony at Lahaina and Napili. IMO, the railing view is shorter on Lahaina than on Napili, and the picture I believe shows that.

However, the picture suggests the wall height is the same, which I didn't experience when actually on the balcony.

Please note, when I first visited Lahaina 4206/24 in 2008, one of the first thing I noticed was that my view was modestly obstructed when sitting at the table outside. There is no doubt in my mind that the view from Napili 6304/26 was less obstructed when sitting at the table (and please recall, I've been doing this for 7 years, and noticed a difference in Napili immediately).

So....unclear what is going on, but I wanted to post the two pics, and we need a Napili expert to weigh in on the differences in staying in a 2BR OF in Napili vs. Lahaina.

(Okay, I can't figure out how to embed Images -- any help here?? Pics are linked here.) Thx

Best,

Greg

Greg, It doesn't look like the pic link works. It makes me sign in to our Shutterfly account and then just shows our photos.

If you want to e-mail them to me, I can drop them in to Photobucket and then embed them in a post.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Greg, It doesn't look like the pic link works. It makes me sign in to our Shutterfly account and then just shows our photos.

If you want to e-mail them to me, I can drop them in to Photobucket and then embed them in a post.

Thank you -- will send to you now.

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg are you still here?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Greg are you still here?

Mike,

I came back today, so sorry to have missed you. I will be back next year and will hope that our paths cross! Enjoy your trip!

Best,

Greg

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just hoping to steal your food :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Napili Railing
Napili%20railing.jpg

Lahaina Railing
Lahaina%20railing.jpg

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lahaina's railing is a shade shorter looks like. Greg, how many tenths of a flip flop difference is it?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure how easy it would be to pace out a vertical surface. Not many people can walk up walls...

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll make sure that I measure it in ffs next year........if anyone beats me to it, please post the results. Thanks!

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll make sure that I measure it in ffs next year........if anyone beats me to it, please post the results. Thanks!

Beats you to it? All claims of consistency will be debunked unless they have replicas of the Kings flip flops and must consume the same # of libations prior to measuring. Standards please!

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
Do they have fireworks on Kaanapali Beach?

toddc2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Hey Greg,

I am wondering about the parking differences between staying in Lahaina vs. Napili:

Access to parking: that lot by Napili is small, did you have to hike over to the lot behind Lahaina when staying in Napili?

At check-in/check-out: Is there somewhere to unload bags easily? I have always stayed in the old section and UNLOADing is a breeze. However I usually drag the bags back to the Lahaina parking lot the morning of checkout which isn't much fun (on several levels).

Todd

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey Greg,

I am wondering about the parking differences between staying in Lahaina vs. Napili:

Access to parking: that lot by Napili is small, did you have to hike over to the lot behind Lahaina when staying in Napili?

At check-in/check-out: Is there somewhere to unload bags easily? I have always stayed in the old section and UNLOADing is a breeze. However I usually drag the bags back to the Lahaina parking lot the morning of checkout which isn't much fun (on several levels).

Todd

Todd,

We were mostly able to park in Napili parking lot, but it was packed, and there were a couple times when I had to park in Lahaina and hoof it. From a loading/unloading perspective, we used the little grass area right by the entry to the lower level as our staging area. We never had to do a major grocery/suitcase drop, and if we did, that would be a little more problematic. Lahaina is very convenient with the dedicated loading/unloading spaces and Napili lacks that.

I'd not realized until this trip how much smaller the Napili space is. My brother told me that he was able to valet park for free when he couldn't get into Napili, but I never tried it.

Best,

Greg

toddc2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Todd,

We were mostly able to park in Napili parking lot, but it was packed, and there were a couple times when I had to park in Lahaina and hoof it. From a loading/unloading perspective, we used the little grass area right by the entry to the lower level as our staging area. We never had to do a major grocery/suitcase drop, and if we did, that would be a little more problematic. Lahaina is very convenient with the dedicated loading/unloading spaces and Napili lacks that.

I'd not realized until this trip how much smaller the Napili space is. My brother told me that he was able to valet park for free when he couldn't get into Napili, but I never tried it.

Best,

Greg

Hmm, I wonder if Napili owners can check in at the main valet area and let the valet guys haul the luggage over?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmm, I wonder if Napili owners can check in at the main valet area and let the valet guys haul the luggage over?

Well, if you mean bellhop (versus the valet guys), then yes. We routinely go to the main check-in area and give our luggage and food to the bellhop. We even do this before our room is ready and they hold all the stuff at the check-in desk (and put the perishables in a refrigerated room). We will give a tip when they deliver the stuff and it works well. We've never actually valet parked our car, but use that area routinely to assist with luggage/grocery delivery to the room.

Best,

Greg

taffy19

Reaction score
I happened to find the measurements in square footage tonight when I was trying to find this album.

The brochures date back to March 2011 but I doubt if the measurements have changed since then. They are still not that clear to me but here is the link:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-pMXGQ#!/i-7bLThvG