• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this Hilton Head sunshine too good to be true?

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd add a few sunset pics from the new park at Shelter Cove. This is what I imagine it looks like from Sunset Pointe and Harbor Point.

You would be correct. ;)

taffy19

Reaction score
What a beautiful spot and photos, Susan. What resorts have this view and how far from the ocean? I know that one has a lot of shore birds too and beach grasses is that here too?

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Great pictures Susan! thanks for sharing :D

DannyMc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Royal Palms, Orlando; Marriott's Grande Ocean, HHI; Marriott's Barony Beach Club, HHI;
MVC Trust Points
What a beautiful spot and photos, Susan. What resorts have this view and how far from the ocean? I know that one has a lot of shore birds too and beach grasses is that here too?

Sunset Pointe/Harbour Point have this view.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Here's a map of Hilton Head Island that shows the Marriott hotel and timeshare resorts. Note the site of the former Shelter Cove Mall - it's where the new Shelter Cove Towne Centre (scroll down on that page for a map) is being developed. My pics were taken from the Centre's waterfront park, east of Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe on Broad Creek.

SurfWatch is the oceanfront resort, across Rte. 278, that has protected marsh between the buildings and the beach. Barony Beach, Grande Ocean and Monarch all are direct oceanfront resorts although there aren't ocean views from every unit/building in each resort. Heritage Club is the resort that includes free golf rounds for owners/guests and Harbour Club sits square in the footprint of Harbour Town - I've never stayed at either, don't know what the views are like.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a map of Hilton Head Island that shows the Marriott hotel and timeshare resorts. Note the site of the former Shelter Cove Mall - it's where the new Shelter Cove Towne Centre (scroll down on that page for a map) is being developed. My pics were taken from the Centre's waterfront park, east of Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe on Broad Creek.

SurfWatch is the oceanfront resort, across Rte. 278, that has protected marsh between the buildings and the beach. Barony Beach, Grande Ocean and Monarch all are direct oceanfront resorts although there aren't ocean views from every unit/building in each resort. Heritage Club is the resort that includes free golf rounds for owners/guests and Harbour Club sits square in the footprint of Harbour Town - I've never stayed at either, don't know what the views are like.

Great pictures. We stayed in the two buildings that have marsh/ocean view at Surf Watch and thought it was preferable to being ocean front. Great resort.

taffy19

Reaction score
Sunset Pointe/Harbour Point have this view.
Thank you, DannyMc and Susan for the map of Hilton Head. All the Marriott Resorts seem to be close together but when I read about them, I never had an idea where they were exactly. I have never been to Florida yet. :eek:

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
We were at HH last year over the 4th at Island Links..... Best vacation with our whole family ever..... Dave HAPPY 4TH TO EVERYONE!!!

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
Happy July 4th everyone!

We will be at Surfwatch next year during 4th of July week. Is there anything special at HHI for the holiday?

Thank you!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Here's an Island Packet link to a schedule of today's events: From fireworks to flyovers ... The flyover along the beach sounds very cool - I've never heard of it before, don't know if it's an annual thing.

I'm sure SurfWatch's Activity Schedule will be bursting with stuff to do onsite; during high season it's very busy anyway and they always add stuff for the holidays. You could probably contact the front desk (843-363-3400) and ask them if they'll send you a copy of this year's schedule to get an idea, or make a note to ask for one a week or so before your trip next year.

If you're on Facebook SurfWatch has its own page (Marriott's SurfWatch) and they post the Activity Schedules every so often. I looked and this week's isn't posted but it's worth joining the page if you have an upcoming trip.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
here's an island packet link to a schedule of today's events: from fireworks to flyovers ... the flyover along the beach sounds very cool - i've never heard of it before, don't know if it's an annual thing.

I'm sure surfwatch's activity schedule will be bursting with stuff to do onsite; during high season it's very busy anyway and they always add stuff for the holidays. You could probably contact the front desk (843-363-3400) and ask them if they'll send you a copy of this year's schedule to get an idea, or make a note to ask for one a week or so before your trip next year.

If you're on facebook surfwatch has its own page (marriott's surfwatch) and they post the activity schedules every so often. I looked and this week's isn't posted but it's worth joining the page if you have an upcoming trip.

thank you!!!