• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elderly parent passing on timeshare

VicDen

Reaction score
My elderly father-in-law owns over 1 million Club Wyndham points. He is no longer able to travel and my husband and I just came across this timeshare contract numbers as we are trying to get his affairs in order. We know nothing about timeshares and what we can/can't do with the points/program that dad owns. Dad can't find any paperwork about the ownership other than contract numbers. Should I start by calling Wyndham to say "what is this and what can we do about it?" Is this something we can/should transfer prior to his passing? Any advise/help/direction you all can provide to get me started is GREATLY appreciated! I'm at a loss on this topic!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes

the first step is to figure out what you own. Wyndham can help with that,

Then figure out if it has some value. Wyndham will take it back at no charge through their Ovation Program, but if it has value it can be sold, There are several brokers that have been vetted by Wyndham that can help with this or you can do it yourself (with the help of a title/transfer) company

Im assuming that he is a Platinum VIP member. You should know that the VIP benefits wont transfer to a new owner, unless its family.. These benefits can be valuable, so I would consider keeping this in the family, but know the maintenance fees on a million points could be as much as $6000 a year depending on where the contract is deeded.

VicDen

Reaction score
Thank you. You are right on the maintenance fees from what we can see in his checkbook. Sadly, I think many of his annual points have gone unused in past years. Might anyone on the forum have a good starting point number to call or do I call the general timeshare inquiry line for Wyndham?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. You are right on the maintenance fees from what we can see in his checkbook. Sadly, I think many of his annual points have gone unused in past years. Might anyone on the forum have a good starting point number to call or do I call the general timeshare inquiry line for Wyndham?

I sent you a personal message..

Id start with the main number 800 251 8736 and ask for owner care. . but Id also call that broker I mentioned>> RPMI (800) 844-8404

or call me, Im happy to help... I sent you a personal message with my number

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent you a personal message..

Id start with the main number 800 251 8736 and ask for owner care. . but Id also call that broker I mentioned>> RPMI (800) 844-8404

or call me, Im happy to help... I sent you a personal message with my number

I can personally vouch for Ron (as can others here) that he is honest and straight forward. He won't lead you astray.

Best of luck with your situation and may you find the best outcome for you and your family.

ChrisandBeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll second the vote of confidence for Ron. I don't agree with all of his positions but I doubt there is anyone better qualified on TUG to advise on Wyndham timeshares.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive already advised the op of my conflict of interest.. My goal is to outbid ovation for these points, but If I think they could do better Im going to refer them to a broker

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a terrifying thought to me (thinking about MF's) that you could need ANOTHER million points, Ron!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
It's a terrifying thought to me (thinking about MF's) that you could need ANOTHER million points, Ron!

Ron's points don't cost him money, they make him money.:hysterical:

nadines08

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Marriott
Hi Ron--I am a Platinum owner at Wyndham and want to set up a family trust in my will. I will need to choose a trustee who can administer that trust. Are there attorneys who specialize in this type of trust that you know of?
This is my first posting so hope I'm doing it correctly!
Nadine

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Hi Ron--I am a Platinum owner at Wyndham and want to set up a family trust in my will. I will need to choose a trustee who can administer that trust. Are there attorneys who specialize in this type of trust that you know of?
This is my first posting so hope I'm doing it correctly!
Nadine

Hi Nadine, welcome to TUG. You can contact Ron directly by clicking on his blue user name and sending him a message.

You can also start a new thread in this forum asking the same question and others will answer.