• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Missing Westgate Cancellation documents

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading these posts I just have to add that I continue to be impressed by the willingness of TUG members to help others with free advice, sources to contact, and many other supports that you simply don't find in other forums. :clap:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They know the rules. When it comes to rescissions, they have to obey. If you are 1 day late, you're stuck. But if you follow the rules, they know they have to abide. Send it certified, keep your receipt of the certified mailing and track it online for acceptance and print out your receipt as well as get the receipt returned via slow mail. Save these items, as sometimes you need to remind them in few months, if you don't get your deposit back. Or if you put on cc, you just call cc and get charges reversed and you have proof of rescission.
If you send certified in time, don't worry.

Several months? Fwiw (without going into all the details of applicable laws and regulations) the refund must be issued within 45 days. Even slimy Westgate knows this and complies with the requirement, although it is not unusual for Wastegate to sometimes take every bit of the allotted 45 days.

Tripping

Reaction score
I received my first return receipt and first call today both from Gatlunburgh TN...they didn't leave a message.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That's good news - you have your documentation, and now you just wait.

Don't be surprised if they call again, and may leave a message saying that they must talk to you to process the recession - don't fall for it!

Tripping

Reaction score
Does this return receipt suppose to have a signature on it; because it does not....

Tripping

Reaction score
I agree Linpat...they are very supportive and I am eternally greatful.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Does this return receipt suppose to have a signature on it; because it does not....

I would not be concerned about that at all.

Tripping

Reaction score
Good Day Everyone,
I just wanted to update you all. I received my cancellation letter from Westgate today. The cancellation letter and the certified return receipt from the Atty General's office came today. I just want to thank you all once again!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Super.

Now that you've rescinded and don't have the pressure on your shoulders...

Take time to find out what is right for your vacation goals and desires. Timeshares may offer a great solution for spending time with family and/or loved ones (;)) and making lasting memories.

Suggest starting your research with the stickies (new to timesharing, look here!) and then, after a bit of research, fill out the survey below to get advice on what's right for you. congrats and welcome!

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208742

ps: consider becoming a member of TUG, it's the best $15 you'll ever spend.