• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vegas Car Rental Questions

ljane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Could some of you who are knowledgeable about Las Vegas car rentals, give me advice? We will be staying in Vegas for a week and then traveling to Sedona for a week.

I find the cheapest car rentals are with companies I do not know. Has anyone rented from Advantage Rent A Car or Fox Rent A Car, located in Las Vegas? Also what do you know about Access America car rental insurance?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ljane

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Could some of you who are knowledgeable about Las Vegas car rentals, give me advice? We will be staying in Vegas for a week and then traveling to Sedona for a week.

I find the cheapest car rentals are with companies I do not know. Has anyone rented from Advantage Rent A Car or Fox Rent A Car, located in Las Vegas? Also what do you know about Access America car rental insurance?

Thanks,
ljane
I've done almost all of my Vegas car rentals through Priceline or Hotwire. Though I haven't been to Las Vegas for about four years now, up until then I was routinely able to get compact size cars for around $10 to $12 per day.

Be aware that prices for tourist related services in Las Vegas can vary wildly - sometimes from even on adjacent days - depending on the convention traffic. But I suspect that right now there will likely be few days then demand is high enough to begin to drive pricing very much.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We've rented from Advantage in locations other than Vegas without any problems. I can't speak for the Vegas location.

I agree that, if you're not using a prefered status to avoid the lines at the rental car counters, which can get pretty long in Vegas, Priceline and Hotwire might offer you the best price.

In the past, I've been able to rent directly through Thrifty and others for less than $12/day, so we haven't bother with either Priceline or Hotwire. Lately though I've noticed that the regular companies like Thrifty, Budget, Dollar, Avis and Hertz are awfully proud of their cars and are showing it with their unusually high rates. Priceline and Hotwire are starting to look real good again, even if I do have to stand in line to pick up my car.

ChrisBooth

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go on the Delta airlines site and click car rentals I was able to get a full size from Avis for $156 wk including all taxes. That beat anything else I found including Hotwire and Priceline.
Found about this through TripAdvisor and worked for me. Think it's good all the way to the end of the year.
Hope it works for you - saved me nearly $60.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check mousesavers.com for discount codes. Although some of those discounts only work in Florida a lot of them are good everywhere. Plus you can stack some of the coupon codes from other sources (Entertainment book, etc) with the mousesavers codes for multiple discounts.

The best rate I found the last time I rented a car in Las Vegas was using the National Emerald Isle card that I got through mousesavers.com coupled with an AARP discount rate and coupon.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks,
ljane

We rented from Fox Rent a Car LVegas for three weeks, visited Sedona, Phoenix, etc. No problems at all and cheaper than any other incl. Priceline. Maybe their car selection is less extensive but that's fine with me. Their outlet is at the south end of the strip but they have a shuttle from the airport.

K.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go on the Delta airlines site and click car rentals I was able to get a full size from Avis for $156 wk including all taxes. That beat anything else I found including Hotwire and Priceline.
Found about this through TripAdvisor and worked for me. Think it's good all the way to the end of the year.

Thanks for this tip! I just reserved a car thru the Delta website and saved about $40 from the Payless reserved car I had. I'm still going to check Priceline as the trip gets closer to see if I can get the price even lower. So far, the Delta site has been the cheapest, and I've been searching daily on various websites.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Travelocity and Soutwest Airlines websites have good car rental deals. I can usually get a deal on there better that Priceline for Vegas. If you're going to drive the car to Sedona be sure to check the drop off fee which can be very expensive at some rental companies.

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vegas car rentals

Going to Las Vegas in May and I rented two cars from Hotwire. Full size car for 8 days = $195.73. A seven passenger mini-van for seven days=$266.26. Both rentals are from Hertz and are the out-the-door price. You have to pay in advance with Hotwire deals. All bookings are final.

I understand through Hotwire that LV car prices have dropped even further.

JamminJoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway, Week 52, RCI Points
Grandview at Las Vegas, Week 11
I just returned from Vegas. I reserved my rental through Priceline and named my own price ($14.00/day) for a full size car, Hertz accepted the offer.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Typically LV has the cheapest rental car rates in the country from my experience if you shop around.

Best deals I've had consitantly were with Budget & Dollar but as has been stated already, Priceline set your price offers can be a great deal. Costco is usually my baseline for a car rental and then I look for prices which will beat them.

The tip about Mouse savers is a good one. I saved $300 on a minivan rental in Orlando I have in a couple weeks during spring break using a Southwest Airlines code they had up there. Orlando during spring break is NOT an inexpensive rental period, although I'm going to make a priceline offer for $100 less than what I've got now a week before we leave to see if I can beat it.

To answer your original question...I've used Advantage before in Vegas and I think Fox in Atlanta...both at least 5 years ago. They were both fine then.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to keep checking the rates. There is often a large fluctuation in rates in Vegas from one day to the next. Dollar and Alamo tend to have the best rates, for the big companies, in Vegas. A few years ago I rebooked my rental six times as rates kept dropping.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you book it that way can you still go to the Preferred counter? :wave:

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this info. The price through Delta for an Avis car rental was lower than Alamo through Costco. After booking on line, I phoned Avis to give them my Avis Preferred "Wizard" number for faster service. Will see what happens in L.V., haven't rented from Avis for a while.