• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC- is it worth buying?

Sooby

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been reading everyones woes about trying to unload their timeshares, the increasing mf's, and how everyone seems to be purchasing these timeshares for a few thousand $. I have been considering adding to HGVC points and see nothing that is even less than what I paid 10yrs ago from the developer. I like these resorts but can anyone honestly say that it is worth 14-15k for 7000 pts? Even the resorts that don't have rofr are being offered resale for the same amounts. When I am ready to sell I would be happy for half that price since I feel that I have gotten my money's worth. I'm getting older and will not be using it for 20 years more! What is the deal hear? I have been watching the same resorts with the same prices for months & I don't think it is the seller that is holding out. It looks like the resales agents are the ones not budging. Anyone get any deals or points for $1.60 or so? Sooby

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Look Affiliate

I would say look affiliate if you are already an owner.

You can find deals for 5800-8400 point packages that will get you closer to a $1 per point and will have comparable maintenace fees.

We love HGVC and are very happy owners.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you elaborate a little?

I own an HGVC timeshare. (4800 points). Unfortunately that was before I learned about the "2nd" hand market. Anyway, what do you mean by buying affiliate? What does that get you?