• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NO DVC since improvements???

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judy, were you blocked from seeing ALL DVCs @ WDW? I would assume so. But, I also have the VV stuff going on and I can see some DVCs--which makes no sense. Elaine
I was seeing plenty of DVC in Weeks, but only one resort (BLT) in Points. That was as of a couple of days ago. I have not checked today.

tlguinn_2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was seeing plenty of DVC in Weeks, but only one resort (BLT) in Points. That was as of a couple of days ago. I have not checked today.

Just checked, 11-17-11 12:45 PM, and the only thing I can see in Points is BLT, as usual.

<

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is all I'm seeing too. I sent RCI an email too, and basically got the same response that there have been significant problems with Points since the enhancement, that they continue to work on. They recommended calling if there isn't any DVC showing up, because the vacation guides may be able to see units. But doesn't this defeat the purpose of enhancing the online experience???

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
IT is Pretty poor; wouldn't do very well outside of the TS world.

Yeah it does defeat the 'enhanced online experience' they were touting. What is worse, they will try to charge you full rate for using the phone, even though you can't use the website (which is the problem).

I couldn't get a VC to complete an exchange without charging the call price; I had to go through web services. Web services charged me the full on-line price, but told me I would get a credit in my account because I couldn't use the website -- oh yeah, like usual I'm still waiting for theses credits to show up.

Hope you are reading the TUG BBS RCI. Very poor showing!

Last edited:

wptamo

Reaction score
That is all I'm seeing too. I sent RCI an email too, and basically got the same response that there have been significant problems with Points since the enhancement, that they continue to work on. They recommended calling if there isn't any DVC showing up, because the vacation guides may be able to see units. But doesn't this defeat the purpose of enhancing the online experience???

I'm still waiting for it to be fixed too!!!! I use to see 4 resorts in my home resort area, now I only see 1. Talked extensively with an RCI customer service guy, who gave me the "pure Points" don't show up reason (I had another thread on this) But they did prior to their "Upgrade"... still holding out for things to get back to the way they were prior to the fix! Talked to Customer service at my resort, she said my Home resort should always show up like it did before, then she cited the RCI issues...

(sigh) :wall:

Last edited:

tlguinn_2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talked to RCI person last night. She assured me that there was no block on DVC just because I owned within the Vacation Village group. She also said that neither she nor I could see and DVC (except for BLT) in the Points system. She also said that she could look in the other system and make a reservation for me at one of the DVC resorts. She said that is the way it is right now and until they "FIX" the problem there is nothing I can do. I told her that I wanted to just be able to search for resorts, see the points, see the dates, and decide on my own when and where I want to stay. She then said
"would you like to make a reservation now, or did you just call to complain".
My thoughts: There is no computer problem that is causing Points to not be able to see DVC. It does not take a month to fix a problem such as this. I do know a little about databases and computers.
How do you talk to someone else up the line that may know about RCI policy?
<

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Wow. Where do they train these people in their customer service skills?

Maybe this is just a ploy by RCI to charge an extra $20 bucks on those DVC units. Curiously it's mostly the DVC inventory that is requiring a call. :rolleyes:

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only partially fixed. While we can now see results from DVxx resorts, the search results do not always match what is available when you try to book.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Only partially fixed. While we can now see results from DVxx resorts, the search results do not always match what is available when you try to book.

Yeah, lots of phantoms. Frustrating. :crash:

garyk01

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort Mountainside , Fairmont BC Canada, Indian Palms Intervals , Indio CA
RCI DVC, etc.

After 26 year being a member of RCI i cancelled my membership and now deal with SFX . SFX rates are lower and they give bonus perks and sell off weeks , plus only deal in 4-5 star places. I have been a member there now about 2 years and upgraded to diamond lifetime status. if anyone wants me to check to see what i can get send me a email and ill check for you.
garyk01@shaw.ca

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
After 26 year being a member of RCI i cancelled my membership and now deal with SFX . SFX rates are lower and they give bonus perks and sell off weeks , plus only deal in 4-5 star places. I have been a member there now about 2 years and upgraded to diamond lifetime status. if anyone wants me to check to see what i can get send me a email and ill check for you.
garyk01@shaw.ca

Unfortunately I doubt they'll get the amount of DVC units that RCI has. Seems that RCI has the market cornered for DVC exchanges for now.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
If we are talking RCI Points, there are 90 left, but some are phantoms. I know the VGC has three listed as available, but only one will go through to the confirmation stage.