• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pathways Program

GRITS

Reaction score
Wyndham Pathways program

I attended Pathways program presentation and was told Wyndham would pay "at Least" (might be increased in future)20% of purchase price of any paid for contract ownership purchased thru Wyndham..no resales. Even if it was a fixed week that was converted to points. You could turn in one contract at a time or all at once. You just dropped in rank.. Platinum, Gold, etc as your points decreased. They were offering this program as lots of owners were unhappy about having to hold on to points & also because of the forced heirship imposed on estate survivors. Not worth investment if you only have one or two contracts as you have to buy at least 105,000 more points.. but for Platinum owners.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggest you look at actual wording in contract. You are sounding like chap using handle RR that goes to sales pitches and believes everything he hears.

No one is going to pay $20+K today for TS and 30 days later give back to Wyndham for around $4K. Several years down the road they will invoke articles 8 and 9 and come out with new scam.

Also, 105K UDI contract goes for about $17K and this CWA deal about $21K so they are not doing anyone any favors.

Paco

Here you go(My added: actual copy of contract)

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...cxH46HA4pm8j_c

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended Pathways program presentation and was told Wyndham would pay "at Least" (might be increased in future)20% of purchase price of any paid for contract ownership purchased thru Wyndham..no resales. Even if it was a fixed week that was converted to points. You could turn in one contract at a time or all at once. You just dropped in rank.. Platinum, Gold, etc as your points decreased. They were offering this program as lots of owners were unhappy about having to hold on to points & also because of the forced heirship imposed on estate survivors. Not worth investment if you only have one or two contracts as you have to buy at least 105,000 more points.. but for Platinum owners.

I'm sure you were lied to. I have a copy of a pathways contract and it specifies a certain contract (not everything owned) and it specifies 20% of a net purchase price (not a total)

I'm sure Purchases made prior to your qualifying deal and resales won't be taken back

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you were lied to. I have a copy of a pathways contract and it specifies a certain contract (not everything owned) and it specifies 20% of a net purchase price (not a total)
FL Guy

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 3, 13

I'm sure Purchases made prior to your qualifying deal and resales won't be taken back

Is it a guaranteed buyback? Or, are there weasel words that allow them to void the deal?

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks. It is a bogus program.

The language that enables Wyndham to recognize revenue is that it gets to determine exclusively if the contract is currently eligible for buyback.

WVR gets to "elect" to buy it back. What a bogus offering. It might as well be an upfront fee scam. In fact, it is an upfront fee scam. Buyer thinks they have a guaranteed buyback contract so they pay the large upfront fee. When they choose to collect on it, Wyndham rejects it.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I don't even see why this is even being discussed as a possible plus regardless if its a scam or not. To me that would be a big Warning sign if I were actually going to buy from the developer. You will buy it back for 20%? Why so little? I thought it would go up in value? You just said I would be the envy of all my friends and family and its only going to be worth 20% tomorrow?

GRITS

Reaction score
We were told in a recent meeting and then turn around in 30 days and sell it back to Wyndham along with our other contracts we own and receive 20% of the total value of all contracts. Need any and all info that anyone might have on pathways. Is it legit? Of course the contract says Wyndham can do away with the program at any time, with no obligation to buy back etc, etc. Thoughts?

We want out of this timeshare. Need help on what to do.
Pathways program is "explained" on Wyndham members site. You just have to buy 105,000 and not finance thru Wyndham to get into Pathways at resort that offers it. If you have purchased large amount of points or hold several contracts for small amounts that total Gold, Platinum and want to get back some of your investment w/o giving/selling to another TS owner (as resale) then this program might benifit you. It states at least 20% of purchased price on any contract that is paid in full. You can turn in one contract, two or all you own at once if you want. Wyndham can drop program whenever they want. You have to have points available for contract you turn in & forfeit any vacation already booked if you don't have avail.. They figure amount over the phone, send you the paperwork & upon receipt mail you a check. Just don't turn in contract you bought to get into program until you get rid of all others..For those owning a few points finding someone to give them to is best option.. And NO, I repeat NO resales are even considered for Pathway program..

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
It states at least 20% of purchased price on any contract that is paid in full.

It also states "In the event Owner meets these Terms and Conditions and WVR elects to purchase Owner's eligible contract(s)...." and "Owner understands that WVR has no obligation to purchase Owner's eligible timeshare contract(s) in the future."

Last edited:

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Can you share where you got the info?

It was posted by someone other than Ron in another thread. I got the impression they had tried it on a hunch. It was a discreet posting that required a tiny bit of reading between the lines so you probably missed it. I saw it and understood it, as did Ron and others, but some people weren't getting it so Ron spelled it out a little more specifically.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
It was posted by someone other than Ron in another thread. I got the impression they had tried it on a hunch. It was a discreet posting that required a tiny bit of reading between the lines so you probably missed it. I saw it and understood it, as did Ron and others, but some people weren't getting it so Ron spelled it out a little more specifically.

Thanks, apparently a number of people actually downloaded it while it was available.