• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bay Club: Easy trade thru RCI?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I'm planning a Big Island trip in June 2012 and I'm curious to see if HGVC TUGgers think that should be relatively accessible trade thru RCI? I'm using Worldmark as a trader so should have very good power for the trade.

Interestingly, I see a great HGVC points stretching strategy here by putting in an RCI trade request with Worldmark for the location I want (any of 3 properties, but Bay Club most likely to hit absent a bulk deposit) while also booking a changeable reservation with HGVC points in September 2011. If my trade comes thru at any of the 3 properties, I can get my points back and rescue them into the next year.

An interesting side benefit is that while this uses my Bay Club 1-in-4 usage for my Worldmark RCI account, it doesn't use the Bay Club 1-in-4 usage for the HGVC RCI account, so theoretically I could repeat this strategy in subsequent years. I don't think that's necessary since I expect to make subsequent years reservations with points, but worth pointing out for conversation purposes.

So....my original question, do the HGVC TUGgers think Bay Club in June 2012 will be an easy trade to obtain?

Please advise and thanks!

Greg

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I can't comment directly on the question, since I have not used RCI to trade into Bay Club. But of the Hawaiian HGVC's Bay Club is the easiest one for us to get using HGVC points.

Good luck with your point stretching RCI idea. :)

I don't know who here exactly on TUG has used RCI to trade into BC, but I know numerous people have.

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done this several times in the past through my regular RCI account (not HGVC/RCI). I used a lesser trader and was able to pull Bay Club more than nine months out.

I've also pulled Bay Club through the HGVC/RCI account when the points cost was lower through RCI. That was a pretty easy trade.

I don't see Bay Club in my regular RCI account nearly as much these days so I don't know that it will be an "easy" trade, especially for June.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
So....my original question, do the HGVC TUGgers think Bay Club in June 2012 will be an easy trade to obtain?
I suggest searching the various sighting boards to detemine if June has been deposited in past years.

I've posted a sighting on both WMOwners and TUG regarding Nov 2011 & Dec 2011 availability at the Bay Club - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126407&highlight=3684

Here's some other items regarding your HGVC RCI account, just in case you didn't know...
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=887751&postcount=9
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124897&highlight=rci