• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort

benjaminb13

Reaction score
If your idea of vacationing, is staying at the resort the whole vacation, then IMHO the Bay Club isn't the place for you.

BUT if your idea of vacationing, is to have a comfortable unit and a nice resort on the Big Island of Hawaii, the the Bay Club is a great place to own/stay.

My DW has us on the go for most of our vacations, and our last visit to the area ( we stayed at the HGVC-Waikoloa) we were busy most of the time. Therefore we found the TSs in Waikoloa to fit our needs wonderfully.

I think the issue is- there is nothing wrong with a person having the best of both worlds-
If good money is going to be spent on a timeshare , the buyer has every right to expect the best out of the unit
If they want "dated but comfortable" there are a lot of condo rentals available
I myself use the Bay Club to add three or four days to my Waikoloa vacation-
the good thing with the Bay Club is there are almost always units available.So the Bay Club does serve its purpose.
Bu it is important that a new bay Club buyer know that the unit itself is dated and a step =-down, when compared to HGVC Waik and Kingsland. It is also equally important to be aware that a Bay Club buyer is not entitled to some HGVC benefits as it is an affiliate.
Of course the good part is it is fairly inexpensive.

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
... It is also equally important to be aware that a Bay Club buyer is not entitled to some HGVC benefits as it is an affiliate.
Of course the good part is it is fairly inexpensive.

What exactly are the benefits you do not get as an affiliate? Is it just the elite status or is there more?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
What exactly are the benefits you do not get as an affiliate? Is it just the elite status or is there more?
You are not eligible for elite status if you buy resale, no matter if it is an affiliate or HGVC-owned resort.

Kurt

benjaminb13

Reaction score
There were a few of them - Some others may be more knowledgable on this subject.
One restriction, which I encountered while staying at Bay Club for 4 days last June was :
We were not allowed free access to use the HIlton Waikoloa Village pools, lagoon etc. I think it was a 75.00 charge per day.
Fortunately, I had another week stay at HGVC Waikoloa- access was free then.

I know there are more - Hopefully some other Tuggers can help

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
It all went through fine.

I just wanted to give thanks to Lamar34 for an easy and uneventful transaction. I have scheduled my first week in Hawaii.

TTom

Reaction score
MF for a 2BR "B" unit is $1162(?) +/- a few dollars. Don't have bill handy right now.

Tom

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Wow.... Is it me, or is this a scream of a deal? Was this won by a tugger?
Some reasons may include that the Bay Club is an affiliate, an older resort, and has high maintenance fees. For almost the same MF, I get 8400 points every year vs. the 4800 points in this deal. Unless I needed a specific week every year at the Bay Club, it seems like pretty expensive points (in the long run) to me.

Kurt

chum94555

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I asked my agent if I wanted to sale my 8200 points in Bay Club, what it can bring? he indicated BayClub prices are very low at present and cannot bring in more than $7000 ..This is fyi only

ks

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Also, Bay Club has a healthy Special Assessment this year which might be depressing prices.....

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope this won't be banned as an advertisement - - trust me I have no connection to the seller.

If you take a look at Redweek, you'll find a seller who claims to have 4,800 EO(odd)Y at HGVC Bay Club that he'll sell for $1.00 if you'll pay closing costs (and I guess transfer charges and the 2010 maint/assessment).

I was tempted but given the maintenance, especially for only 4,800 points, I'm going to pass. Also I wonder if it's a waste of time given a likely ROFR.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

Lavalava

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-800-HGVC-Poin...ZTimeshares?hash=item53dfea2022#ht_4587wt_939

Wow.... Is it me, or is this a scream of a deal? Was this won by a tugger?

moments later this one did not even reach $800
http://cgi.ebay.com/HGVC-POINTS-HIL...ZTimeshares?hash=item3a5827811e#ht_9400wt_939

Yeah, that was me who won that auction back in March. I wasn't a Tugger then :)

My wife and I just got back from The Bay Club last week. We enjoyed our 1/1 unit in Bldg 2. When the renovations are complete, it will be "choice" brah!

They are working on the first two bldgs nearest HGVC Waikoloa, as well as the 2 BR Villa units right now. From the looks of the fresh paint and torn out appliances, carpet, etc.. these are definitely going to be the place to be when the renovations are done. My 1 BR is BIG, with a huge lanai that wraps around. Try to get that at HGVC Kingsland and Waikoloa!

As far as the pools go, etc.. not a big issue. I'll take the black sand, salt water, and ocean breeze any day. :)

Mahalo,

LL