• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Converting Banked MVC Points to MR Points?

SRTopDog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you convert banked MVC points into Marriott Reward points?

I was told I could (on the phone with MVC customer service) but want to be sure before I bank my MVC points.....I understand that it is not the best use of the points to do so, but for possible travel plans next year that may be the best course of action for staying at multiple stops along a vacation path we are considering.

I also know that there are strict timetables that must be followed in order to do so if that is true.

Just need to know if banked points can be converted to Rewards points....

Thanks,

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Are these converted legacy points or trust points?

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these converted legacy points or trust points?

Only Trust points can be converted to MR points and then only a percentage of them each year. For enrolled points from a week convention - these may not be converted to MR points since you should have converted the week to MR points.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't convert to MR Points enrolled weeks which you have elected for DC Points in any circumstances.
If you want to convert enrolled weeks to MR Points, you need to do so before and instead of electing for DC Points.
As for banked Trust Points, I am sure someone else will be able to answer this.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
That was my point about asking the question. Doesn't matter if the points are banked or not if legacy no conversion of legacy points converted to DC points.

I saw this in the FAQ which makes it sound like banked trust points can not be converted:

DC Trust Points may be exchanged for Marriott Rewards Points on an annual basis according to status:
Chairman's Club Members may exchange up to 75% of their DC Points for MR Points
Executive and Presidential Members may exchange up to 65% of their DC Points for MR Points
Owners and Select Members may exchange up to 50% of their DC Points for MR Points
1 Destination Club Point equals 32 Marriott Rewards Points. The initial exchange each year must be at least 250 DC Points; increments of 5 DC Points are allowed thereafter.

The deadline to exchange DC Trust Points for MR Points is 9 months prior to the end of the Use Year. For example, if the Use Year is 7/1/13-6/30/14, the deadline is 9/30/13.