• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presentation reward

ejp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been over two years since we visited the LV Grand Chateau. For 90 minutes of our time is it worth for either 1) 30,000 MR points, or 2) $200 American Express card, or 3) a $250 Vegas.com card, or 4) combo of a free show w a $25 am ex card, or 5) a $200 Italian restaurant gift card plus $50 am ex gift card. We've seen the Jersey Boys show and not interested in seeing again plus no offer for Destination Club points. Any comments are appreciated.:confused:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
That sounds like a pretty good reward for sitting thru 90 minutes (good luck). We're going to the Aruba Surf Club on Saturday and they called to try to get us to sign up for a presentation during our stay. The offer was $175 gift certificates for Marriott use on site at any of the restaurants as well as some surrounding restaurants. Instead of the gift card they were offering only 20,000 MRP. We're Chairmans club and and told them we're not interested, but referred her to my daughter and son in law who will be with us. They took up the offer for the gift cards and are thrilled. No chance they would buy. If they keep bribing they will get plenty of takers!

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Agree that's a pretty high offer if you are willing/interested to put in the time.

We were at Legends Edge recently and were offered 15K points or a $100 gift card. That wasn't impressive at all.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They gave us 22,500 points for a presentation we are doing at Oceana Palms this week. I say "gave" because they are pre gifting here. Just had to swipe our credit card. If we don't show, they will charge us $270 for the points they gave us. Perhaps they are doing this to prevent no shows?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
They gave us 22,500 points for a presentation we are doing at Oceana Palms this week. I say "gave" because they are pre gifting here. Just had to swipe our credit card. If we don't show, they will charge us $270 for the points they gave us. Perhaps they are doing this to prevent no shows?

I think so. Every presentation we have done in the past year or more has been the 'pre-gifting' = 'pre-swiping'. One way to ensure you don't have a change of heart and not show up to your appointment.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think so. Every presentation we have done in the past year or more has been the 'pre-gifting' = 'pre-swiping'. One way to ensure you don't have a change of heart and not show up to your appointment.

I wonder if this could be a way to get around the 50,000 limit on buying MR points direct from Marriott? I calculated out the cost per point that it would cost us if we were no shows and it works out to $0.012 per point. Actuall a little cheaper than buying direct from Marriott Rewards. I am not sure that these points would go against the 50,000 limit when you buy them from MR. Still not a great option since buying MR points isn't usually the best way to go since in most cases you can get them for free.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Increasing the bonus on presentations

We are going to HH next week (actually staying in the Marriott Resort) and we were just contacted about doing a TS presentation. I was ready to just say no, but the offer is 50,000 MR points + $25 cert for pre-gifting (would have been an extra $25 if we did an afternoon tour). By Dioxide's calc above, this would be $611 charged to our CC if we don't show up.

In lieu of the points, they were offering $350 in certificates + $25 extra cert for pre-gifting. This is the highest bonus I have seen in recent years for doing a tour.
We're going to do the tour and take the MR points as this is a great way to bring our MR points back up after using them for this trip.

Has anyone else heard or seen an offer this high?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

Or get walked out like they did to me.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
We are going to HH next week (actually staying in the Marriott Resort) and we were just contacted about doing a TS presentation. I was ready to just say no, but the offer is 50,000 MR points + $25 cert for pre-gifting (would have been an extra $25 if we did an afternoon tour). By Dioxide's calc above, this would be $611 charged to our CC if we don't show up.

In lieu of the points, they were offering $350 in certificates + $25 extra cert for pre-gifting. This is the highest bonus I have seen in recent years for doing a tour.
We're going to do the tour and take the MR points as this is a great way to bring our MR points back up after using them for this trip.

Has anyone else heard or seen an offer this high?

Wow. 50k MR pts for an MVC presentation? That's the largest I've heard of. I've gotten 35k before at MOC. Then offered a higher number then because we traveled to MOC from the Marriott Wailea where we were staying via the hotel.

Is your presentation the standard 90 mins or the shorter 75 mins they have started to move towards? Or...for 50k MRPs...perhaps they are keeping you for even longer :ponder:

My wife said recently...we've been to so many MVC presentations over the years...we're not attending another until we identify what our future for MVC purchases look like.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

How do you keep a straight face and not set the salesperson straight when you sit in on a sales gig? Do you just nod and say yes no thank you?

When I disagree with some of their statements they tell me that I am misinformed by the internet blogs

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
How do you keep a straight face and not set the salesperson straight when you sit in on a sales gig? Do you just nod and say yes no thank you?

When I disagree with some of their statements they tell me that I am misinformed by the internet blogs

I am rather non confrontational. I can be if needed, but you have to pick your battles. Easier and usually faster to just agree and move on.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am rather non confrontational. I can be if needed, but you have to pick your battles. Easier and usually faster to just agree and move on.

.....until they insult my intelligence.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
(null)
They say it's the standard 90 minute presentation and its with a Salesman we already know. They are playing up showing us the large array of executive homes we can now rent around the world. Actually I'd like to see the HH home that's available but I doubt it will be unoccupied then.
No worries about any purchase pressure. We know the salesman and we are at chairmans level now so we have no further need of more points. Will let you know how it goes after next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk