• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Marriott resale and IntervalMax

Y-ASK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for any suggestions, phone numbers, or ideas...

I bought a Marriott Horizons Orlando timeshare on E-Bay in April. Full payment was made shortly there after (two days). The timeshare deal passed Marriott's ROFR on May 25th. The company that was selling the timeshare for the owner is called Intervalmax out of Asheville, NC. They took their sweet time in recording the Deed down in FL and I did not get a my copy of the deed until the middle of July. Now it's the middle of August and I still am not in Marriott's system as the owner.

I think I've been pretty reasonable but I'm getting ready to become unreasonable very shortly. I paid the $787.72 2007 maintenance fees up front and I have asked several times in correspondence with Intervalmax to please contact the owner and have a reservation setup for me in 2007 which they completely ignored. Now it looks like I might as well kiss that money goodbye because I can't imagine that I will be able to get a reservation in 2007 this late in the year. And every time I call up Marriott they tell me that it could take as long as 90 days to get in the system, does that seem right?

Here's my problem; If I continue to play along nicely and Intervalmax screwed something up but never bothered to fix it and I've waited my 90 days then I'm totally screwed because I'm sure I'll have to wait another 90 days and hope they get it right the second time around.

Does anybody know anyone over at Marriott who I can call to verify that they actually received a owner transfer request and that it's in the works. I'd feel a lot better knowing it has a chance of going through by Oct. than not knowing anything at all. Does it really take 90 days for Marriott to do a owner transfer? If I would have known that I probably would have never purchased a Marriott resale or at least refused to pay the 2007 Maintenance fees and if Intervalmax is reading this they certainly should have known better and informed the buyer how long it would take.

Y-ASK

I'm not saying that I would never buy from Intervalmax again but I certainly would never buy a Marriott timeshare from them again...

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for any suggestions, phone numbers, or ideas...........Y-ASK

I'm not saying that I would never buy from Intervalmax again but I certainly would never buy a Marriott timeshare from them again...

I bought a Marriott resale and it took about 90 days, but I think that included ROFR. The entire transaction took about 4-1/2 to 5 months including some delays by me and some by the sellar. Marriott's portion was definitely the longest part of the transaction.

I too asked the owner to book a week for me. The owner actually put me on a three way call with Marriott while booking and I was added to the reservation months before actually closing on the property.

I would continue to press Intervalmax hard, I mean several times a day, if a particular week (or weeks) is important to you. They need to get that week booked for you!

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much?

What was your winning bid? For what season?

Y-ASK

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was like $6,200.00, plus closing $425.00, plus Maint. Fee $787.72 for a Plat. season...

Y-ASK

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Y-ASK. I sent you a PM with the number for Marriott Owner modifications. They are slow at processing new and resale owners in to their system. Our paperwork for the MGV week that we are purchasing was received by them on July 24th and we still are not in their system.

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
So if Marriott still shows the original owner as the owner, why not have the original owner make a reservation and list you as a guest with key priveleges?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
The time-frame you are experiencing in getting recognized as an owner by Marriott is typical. Even after final paperwork is received it takes at least a month and usually longer.

That said, you should really get on the agency's case about getting the seller to make a reservation for you. What are the dates of the Plat. season (how much time do you have to reserve a week for '07)? Insist on speaking to a supervisor, etc.; I would perster them repeatedly until they get a reservation made.

At this point you will have a limited selection of '07 weeks, but at least you will have a week either to use or to deposit with II for a trade at a more suitable time. If you are looking to trade it, keep in mind that you want to be able to make a deposit at least 60 days before the reservation date, and you cannot make a deposit until you can add the unit to a II account (or join II), which cannot be done until you are recognized by Marriott. At this point we are talking about a mid-Nov. through Dec. reservation being best. Deposits can be made less than 60 days out, but they will be limited to Flexchange use.

Whatever aggravstion you have this year, remember that next year...and the next...you will have use of a wonderful resort!

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
You might also try to contact the previous owner directly. I assume you have their names from the paperwork you received. In an Internet society, it's usually not too hard to come up with a phone number for anyone. Hopefully they will be nice people and help you out.

Sheila

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
There are only 3 weeks left in the Platinum season. My guess is there are no weeks left to be resurved. I would ask for compensation.

Y-ASK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much to dioxide45. That number was exactly what I was looking for. I called and it looks like I'm in the owner transfer system but they did not receive the paperwork until Aug. 10th. Looks like I've got another 30 days to wait. This is just crazy on the part of Intervalmax. They are listed as the owners or maybe it was just the in-between party I'm not sure. The problem is that I put in two or three e-mail request for them to contact the owner and request that a couple of reservations be made (2007 & 2008) and they ignored each request.

Y-ASK

Y-ASK

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are only 3 weeks left in the Platinum season. My guess is there are no weeks left to be resurved. I would ask for compensation.
Yeah at this point in time I'm pretty much screwed as far as getting a reservation for 2007 and probably for the dates I wanted in 2008. Oh well I guess waiting patiently and trying to be reasonable doesn't get you very far. I'm just not a squeaky wheel kind of guy. Maybe they'll compensate me for the hassle.

Thanks,
Y-ASK

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Compensate?? I hate to say this, but "probably not" unless you "squeek" :wall:

Good Luck

Beverley

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Replacement week

:cheer: If 2007 passes with no reservation made in the platinum season but fees where paid Marriott will sometimes give a replacement week deposit to II. No guarantees but possible.

I have a neighbor who inherited a Marriott week paid fees but never made reservations Marriott kindly gave her a replacement week deposit to II at a different resort, so she was ablr to trade it later.

good luck Pam

Y-ASK

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cheer: If 2007 passes with no reservation made in the platinum season but fees where paid Marriott will sometimes give a replacement week deposit to II. No guarantees but possible.

I have a neighbor who inherited a Marriott week paid fees but never made reservations Marriott kindly gave her a replacement week deposit to II at a different resort, so she was ablr to trade it later.

good luck Pam
Well at least Intervalmax is trying to make good so I've got to give them credit for that. I guess I just didn't squeak loud enough. They are going to work with Marriott (they just called) and are going to try and setup a "replacement week" within II. But I'm not a member of II yet so they know some people and might be able to set me up with a membership. Waiting on a call for that. So while the whole process has been some what of a hassle at least Intervalmax is trying. If they are able to pull off a early (one week) owner transfership and a week banked into II that will certainly go a long way in fixing my problem. I still would have preferred to stay at the Marriott Horizons this year but hopefully next year will work out.

Y-ASK

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think if they give you a replacement week, you should still be able to trade back into Orlando for this year. Lots of availability out there.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you so much to dioxide45. That number was exactly what I was looking for. I called and it looks like I'm in the owner transfer system but they did not receive the paperwork until Aug. 10th. Looks like I've got another 30 days to wait. This is just crazy on the part of Intervalmax. They are listed as the owners or maybe it was just the in-between party I'm not sure. The problem is that I put in two or three e-mail request for them to contact the owner and request that a couple of reservations be made (2007 & 2008) and they ignored each request.

Y-ASK

I just spoke to Owner Modifications today regarding my pending transfer. The person that I spoke to clarified that it was 30 business days not calendar days. So it is more like 6 weeks than 4.

S

Steamboat Bill

FYI - When I bought a Marriott Williamsburgh via resale it took about 5 months to complete the sale, get me registered with Marriott and get a erservation and then deposit it with II.

laxmom

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
Reaction score
We bought our first Marriott direct, before TUG. It took that long for us and that was direct! We bought in June and were not in the system until Sept or Oct. We were only trying to reserve for the following summer not even the same year and could find nothing. That ship had already sailed. We ended up finding someone within Marriott who could explain how to make it work and helped us exchange for a HHI week in August of the next year BUT it was the week school started. The kids missed the first 2 days of school.

We were ready to give them their TS back. We were extremely frustrated. Start with some of the advise given here. You may have to make a lot of phone calls but don't give up!

The good news is we have had no problems since and have traveled to some really great places. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. In the long run, I think you will be happy with your purchase.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just spoke to Owner Modifications today regarding my pending transfer. The person that I spoke to clarified that it was 30 business days not calendar days. So it is more like 6 weeks than 4.

Received a letter in the mail today from MVCI that our ownership transfer is complete in Marriott's system. Our information was received by Marriott on July 24th and the letter was dated August 21st.
Having some issues trying to register for an account online. Receiving the message:

"Thank you for submitting your account information online. Unfortunately, your information did not match with our Owners database, an exact match of your Marriott Reward Number or Customer Number is required".

I will be calling Marriott about that tomorrow since they close at 9:00 p.m.

Last edited:

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received a letter in the mail today from MVCI that our ownership transfer is complete in Marriott's system. Our information was received by Marriott on July 24th and the letter was dated August 21st.
Having some issues trying to register for an account online. Receiving the message:

"Thank you for submitting your account information online. Unfortunately, your information did not match with our Owners database, an exact match of your Marriott Reward Number or Customer Number is required".

I will be calling Marriott about that tomorrow since they close at 9:00 p.m.

That just happened to me a few weeks ago under the same circumstances. I did not call and tried again about five days later and it worked. It seems it takes a few days for Marriott to update their online owner information for the internet.

mcmartymc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great information, we are in the same boat, stuck in the waiting process. Our t/s is at MMC, is there a phone number I can call at Marriott to see if there are weeks available? I plan on contacting the current owner and try
to get a week reserved next August. If I want to lockoff the unit and
try to rent it next year, when would I need to do that? We are only
in the first month and according to some of the comments on the board, it could be another 3-5 months to get in the system 'correctly'.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Great information, we are in the same boat, stuck in the waiting process. Our t/s is at MMC, is there a phone number I can call at Marriott to see if there are weeks available? I plan on contacting the current owner and try
to get a week reserved next August. If I want to lockoff the unit and
try to rent it next year, when would I need to do that? We are only
in the first month and according to some of the comments on the board, it could be another 3-5 months to get in the system 'correctly'.

I called their regular reservation line to inquire about availability of weeks before our transfer was done, even before the deed was recorded. I don't know if every rep would do this, but the one I spoke to would also. YOu can also try setting up a 3 way call with the seller, Marriott and you to book a week under their name that would transfer to you upon completion of the sale.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called their regular reservation line to inquire about availability of weeks before our transfer was done, even before the deed was recorded. I don't know if every rep would do this, but the one I spoke to would also. YOu can also try setting up a 3 way call with the seller, Marriott and you to book a week under their name that would transfer to you upon completion of the sale.

It's been a while, but when I bought my Waiohai, I did a 3 way call with the owner and Marriott to set up the reservation. Marriott put the owner's name and my name on the reservation. I then asked the VOA to input my Marriott Rewards number as well, so that I could see the reservation online. She did, and I was able to view the reservation online for weeks before I was ever recorded as the owner in Marriott's system.

You must have a cooperative owner and agent to be able to do this.