• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New trading restrictions for Embarc into other Embarc resorts in II

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Actually, this may not be new, but it's new to me. I have an Embarc Whistler week deposited in II, and also a Trapp Lodge week. I've exchanged both but am looking at possible retrades with ePlus. The Embarc week does not pull any other Embarc resorts except for Whistler, while the Trapp week pulls all Embarc locations.

It has been some time (years in fact) since I previously deposited an Embarc week, but I had been playing around with undeposited weeks and seem to recall that they always pulled all other Embarc resorts. Now when I try undeposited Embarc weeks, they all pull Whistler but no other locations.

Not a big deal since I don't plan on using II as an internal exchange mechanism, but thought this was curious. The only reason I deposited the Whistler week in the first place was to do it before the DRI takeover in case they messed around with point values (which they have in at least one instance, though to my benefit.)

Note: I have an individual II membership, not the one through DRI/Embarc.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'll see what I can see with my CI week and my Eplus from an other resort

Will there is something going on. My CI whistler week can not see the 5 mud weeks ( oct and Nov 2016) at Panorama that I can see with my mountainside lodge week. Also the CI week can not see the week at Zihuatanejo in Oct that my Mountainside lodge can see.

I can not see any fall Palm Desert CI availability with either of my TS weeks so that doesn't help.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Does any know if the other DRI TS do this?

It may be due to both Tashamen & I having individual II accounts and not the DRI corporate accounts.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will there is something going on. My CI whistler week can not see the 5 mud weeks ( oct and Nov 2016) at Panorama that I can see with my mountainside lodge week. Also the CI week can not see the week at Zihuatanejo in Oct that my Mountainside lodge can see.

At least you're seeing more than I am. My Whistler week sees nothing at any Embarc resorts except Whistler.

But it's glitchy - I just tried a prime summer 2017 undeposited Tremblant week, and it could see Tremblant, Whistler and Zihuatanejo, but not Sandestin or the other Canadian resorts. The same week in Whistler still only sees Whistler and no other locations.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'll see what I can see with my CI week and my Eplus from an other resort

I can not see any fall Palm Desert CI availability with either of my TS weeks so that doesn't help.

At least you're seeing more than I am. My Whistler week sees nothing at any Embarc resorts except Whistler.

But it's glitchy - I just tried a prime summer 2017 undeposited Tremblant week, and it could see Tremblant, Whistler and Zihuatanejo, but not Sandestin or the other Canadian resorts. The same week in Whistler still only sees Whistler and no other locations.
You read my response wrong. My CI whistler week can not see any CI resorts at all. ( didn't try looking for Whistler) My other TS week saw several CI resorts.

I called CI to ask them when they made this change and they seem to not even know it happened. We ( the CI rep and I ) then called II and spoke to them I they had no clue what had happened and said they would look into it and email be back in a day or two.

BTW Just back from Whistler and there is no signage anywhere which says Embrac It all still says CI. The voice mail still says CI. The only time anything or anyone says Embrac is when you speak to a live person. The staff's name tags may have said Embrac :shrug:

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BTW Just back from Whistler and there is no signage anywhere which says Embrac It all still says CI. The voice mail still says CI. The only time anything or anyone says Embrac is when you speak to a live person. The staff's name tags may have said Embrac :shrug:

We were at Tremblant last week and it was the same thing. All signage, keys and printed materials still said Intrawest. They did print out our parking pass and that said Embarc.

The only physical difference was that the small gate house that used to be on the entry road is gone. It was never used anyway.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I think they (II) have added the same filter that all the Extraordinary Escapes members at Embarc have had since day one: Embarc members cannot see availability at ANY Embarc resort, only for "other" resorts not in the Embarc group of 9. Changed at DRI's request? Your guess is as good as mine...