• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Newton Group Transfers [ merged ]

GibbonK

Reaction score
Has anyone used Newton Group Transfers to get rid of their TS? Any comments good or bad?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Newton Group Transfers to get rid of their TS? Any comments good or bad?

Are they asking for money or offering it?

Did they call/contact you?

If one or three is true then run away now! No possible good can come to you from such an "offer" that is really just taking your money with no guarantee that you will actually be legally removed as the owner. Most of these organizations are con artists looking to make easy money off you.

If it's the second option- they pay you - then maybe it's real. We'd need more information to evaluate it. If it's one or three there is no question. Not a good "deal" no matter what they may tell you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Looking at their website, I am going to guess this is a Viking ship scheme
6. Why do you want all of these timeshares?
The fact is that we don't want these timeshares, as we do not buy or sell timeshares. Our company's primary purpose is helping you to get out of your timeshare contract, and we are steadfastly dedicated to that end. We work directly with a Timeshare Closing company who has been ending timeshare contracts since 1994. We do not take over your timeshare contracts; we are here to help you get out of them.

They have been in business for 5 months - enough said!

Registered through: Mad Dog Domains
Domain Name: NEWTONGROUPTRANSFERS.COM
Created on: 05-Apr-12

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale scammers names and phone numbers mean NOTHING. They can change faster than you change clothes .

What is their modus operandi?????

Rather than giving a stranger on phone say $2K why not offer a legitimate buyer here $500?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rather than just jumping in and offering the same tired warnings about and criticisms of PCCs in general and this one in particular, I did some internet sleuthing

here from their website is who they are. The parent company has been around a while (since 2003)

www.newtonelitesalesassociates.com

here is the website for their timeshare operation

www.newtongrouptransfers.com

heres what it says about the title company they use

Transfers are handled by a Licensed, Bonded and Fully Insured Title Insurance Agency in the State of Florida (LIC#: P223343)
Underwritten by Stewart Title Guarantee, the leader in timeshare underwriting
Attorney on Staff - Member of Florida Bar
In business since 2004 and closed thousands of timeshares world-wide

Checking the State of Florida's website...Thats a real license number for a real Florida company

still looking on the internet and I find this

http://www.prweb.com/releases/newtongroupesa/people/prweb3597874.htm

It seems the Newton Group is not just some made up name..there is a real guy behind the company named Gordon Newton

still searching and still reading I find this:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/newtongroupesa/12/prweb3372884.htm

according to this one of the reasons the biggest timeshare PCC is the biggest is the behind the scenes work of Newton

Coming full circle and back to Newton Groups website I see this

After gaining years of experience and absorbing a wealth of knowledge, we felt that we could best serve our customers by starting our own independent timeshare recapture firm to work with our clients directly.

After doing this basic research I called the phone numbers on the website, and I called the title company...This stuff is not made up, there are real people working here....and Im convinced that although you can sell your timeshare yourself, or employ a broker to sell it for you you could also use the services offered by the Newton Group...I am also convinced that they are one of the good guys and will either see that your timeshare is transferred out of your name, or they will return your money. They have the systems in place to deliver on their promises and earn their money

Paco...they can change phone numbers and names. just like you can change yours...This guy put his name on his business

Denise...this guy has been in the timeshare relief business for a while. doing work for others. . Recently struck out on his own, but overall doing this work for 9 years..Everyone has to have a first day on the job... remember your first day in the classroom? Just because you were new didnt mean you weren't prepared with the right background and education to do the job or that you were trying to scam the kids.

John..there is as much a guarantee with these guys as with any fee for service business. I have an appointment with an attorney next week for his help and advice setting up a llc or a c corp or a sub s corp to hold my timeshares....that sucker wants paid in advance for his time..Does that mean he's is going to scam me?....all I have to go on is his website that says he is experienced in real estate matters, and corporate law...and that he is licensed

and to all of you...As to what they do with your timeshare...who cares as long as they get someone to take it

To the OP. put your timeshare on the bargain forum, throw in half of Newtons fee, and I bet you get someone to take it.. If not there is always the Newton Group

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
...still looking on the internet and I find this

http://www.prweb.com/releases/newtongroupesa/people/prweb3597874.htm

It seems the Newton Group is not just some made up name..there is a real guy behind the company named Gordon Newton

still searching and still reading I find this:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/newtongroupesa/12/prweb3372884.htm

Not making judgement either way but I wouldn't put too much credence in the prweb articles as they were likely submitted by the company itself.

GibbonK

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your advice, especially Ron for all the research. Guess I have to ask a few more questions of Newton Group. If I give it away, but still have to pay closing fees of $300 and the resort transfer fee, I may end up spending the same amount of money...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone for your advice, especially Ron for all the research. Guess I have to ask a few more questions of Newton Group. If I give it away, but still have to pay closing fees of $300 and the resort transfer fee, I may end up spending the same amount of money...

I can assure you that the Newton group will charge you a lot more than that. This is not a charity and they aren't re-selling these deeds, so you will be paying all the costs + profit - these companies typically charge $1,000 - $3,000 to "take your timeshare off your hands."

Plus, it sounds like this is a Viking Ship Scheme - that means they are going to register your timeshare with an LLC, and then bankrupt the LLC and abandon your deed, which puts the resort, and the other owners at the resort in a difficult position. It makes it more costly and more difficult for them to re-acquire the deed, and until the resort can get the deed back and re-sale it, the OTHER OWNERS at the resort have to cover YOUR maintenance fee...

There is no valid reason not to try to give it away yourself, before you take such drastic and expensive measures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Newton Group Transfers

I just had an experience with NGT this last week. I felt that they were open and honest about everything, but the price to transfer was quite high - $3000 (started out at 3700) for a minimum number of points I have through BlueGreen. They try to convince people that paying 3-4 thousand now is better than maintenance fees accumulating over an indefinite # of years. They may be right, I may be crazy, but I didn't feel good about doing it. In fact, once I made the decision not to, I felt an immense sense of relief. It's just too much money at once. I would not recommend this way out, but I am still open to other suggestions that might come my way. I'm actually going to use my TS this summer, but will still lose points.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had an experience with NGT this last week. I felt that they were open and honest about everything, but the price to transfer was quite high - $3000 (started out at 3700) for a minimum number of points I have through BlueGreen. They try to convince people that paying 3-4 thousand now is better than maintenance fees accumulating over an indefinite # of years. They may be right, I may be crazy, but I didn't feel good about doing it. In fact, once I made the decision not to, I felt an immense sense of relief. It's just too much money at once. I would not recommend this way out, but I am still open to other suggestions that might come my way. I'm actually going to use my TS this summer, but will still lose points.

Did they tell you that your kids would be burdened with the maintenance fees and there is no other way out ?

ke6868

Reaction score
Hello -

I was just contacted by Newton Group Transfers regarding my timeshare. I have been wanting for some time to get rid of my timeshare. I have been scammed in the past so I am quite sceptical when it comes to dealing with any companies regarding my timeshare. Can someone give me some good advice and point me in the right direction in getting rid of my timeshare?

Newton Group Transfers want to charge me $4,377 to take my timeshare. I think this is a little expensive, however if it is a good and legit company then I don't have a problem. I'm just thinking there has got to be a cheaper way to get rid of your timeshare.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Newton Group Transfers

Did they tell you that your kids would be burdened with the maintenance fees and there is no other way out ?

Yes. They must be making quite a lot of money on each transfer. BlueGreen only charges $237 if owners sell their timeshares.

Corkster

Reaction score
I was contacted on my unit, and listened to their sales pitch.

They explained that they were buying the units for a travel entity that packaged vacations. This made sense when they admitted that since they were selling travel vacations (means and locations), the maintenance fee was deducted as a business expense. I thought this was an innovative approach to getting rid of the maintenance fee, as an operation expense. While this could help the business model, they'd still have to sell vacations to cover other business costs.

I requested information on who was the "3rd" party was that was supposedly packaging the vacations, and they weren't available to talk to. Either no one is buying and packaging vacations, or they weren't ready for this question. Since they didn't want to go there, I didn't want to go further with them.

MikeCole

Reaction score
Newton Group Transfers

Run from the callers from Newton Group Transfers (NGT). Their headquarters are listed at 3148 Plainfield Ave Suite 283 in Grand Rapids Michigan. The address goes to a mail box postal drop in a shopping center called Plainfield Mall. I checked with the Michigan corporation registration and the company is not registered or licensed to do business as a corporation. No response from Grand Rapids yet on a occupational license. I live in Florida and received a call from a person named Debbie in Dunellon, Florida claiming to represent the company. The company is not registered to conduct business or licensed with the State of Florida nor in Marion County where Debbie is located and is in violation of Florida Statutes. Called the headquarters number listed on their homepage and was routed to a woman calling herself Julie in Arizona. She could not answer my questions or explain why the calls were routed outside the State of Michigan but said a supervisor by the name of Gina Tarrise would call me. Gina is not listed a a registered agent with the company nor is listed as an officer anywhere that I can find. She has not called me and there is no contact number for her. No legitimate address, no legitimate phone number, no licenses or corporate registrations nor Federal Registration as a non-profit. This is important because I am on the National Do Not Call List, and any contact would be a violation of FCC regulations unless they fall within the exception rules such as a non-profit organization. Even if the company in Michigan is legitimate through some other license (person or affiliate company), they must register as a foreign corporation to conduct business in the State of Florida in the name they are using. Since the calls were generated in the State of Florida to conduct business in florida, it is a commercial transaction as defined by Florida Statutes and is a regulated activity requiring compliance. Anyone considering doing business with NGT is forewarned.

spockmckoy

Reaction score
I am Using Newton Group..........

I did some homework on these people and I will let you know how this goes. I am 3 steps away from ending my nightmare. I tried to GIVE it back to the timeshare company and they would not take it. I tried to sell it and nobody wanted it. Look on Ebay and you can buy one for 99 cents!!! Yes, it is expensive. {I was taken for $500 and $300 by others. I found out what I got from my money is my name/timeshare was listed on a bulletin board at a time share convention.} This is a lot more. I can go into detail what steps I've been through so far. The last step I did was to sign/notarize several docs. These have been forwarded from Newton to the time share company to work on the transfer to the new owner. He is buying it for $10 and assumes all maint fees from now on. [I have the buyers name/address in california] I had to obtain a deed from the local office, which when I called town administrators in SC, they referred me to a lawyer group that registered my name on the deed for $108. As far as I can see, this works because the new owner doesn't pay what I paid for it, but will assume all of the maint fees and get to use it, so in X many years of using it, he will come up to what I paid for it in the first place. I will answer any questions I can and come back as time permits and will let you know how this all works out. I hope to be done by jan 14'. For what it is worth, if this is a scam, it is elaborate. I paid them once and we have been in the process since jan 24, 2013. I have 3 final steps to go. There was no reason for them continue sending me items, emails once they had my money, they could have disappeared into the web........I also have legal papers from the law group [separate from newton] and papers from the town administrators the timeshare is in.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did some homework on these people and I will let you know how this goes. I am 3 steps away from ending my nightmare. I tried to GIVE it back to the timeshare company and they would not take it. I tried to sell it and nobody wanted it. Look on Ebay and you can buy one for 99 cents!!! Yes, it is expensive. {I was taken for $500 and $300 by others. I found out what I got from my money is my name/timeshare was listed on a bulletin board at a time share convention.} This is a lot more. I can go into detail what steps I've been through so far. The last step I did was to sign/notarize several docs. These have been forwarded from Newton to the time share company to work on the transfer to the new owner. He is buying it for $10 and assumes all maint fees from now on. [I have the buyers name/address in california] I had to obtain a deed from the local office, which when I called town administrators in SC, they referred me to a lawyer group that registered my name on the deed for $108. As far as I can see, this works because the new owner doesn't pay what I paid for it, but will assume all of the maint fees and get to use it, so in X many years of using it, he will come up to what I paid for it in the first place. I will answer any questions I can and come back as time permits and will let you know how this all works out. I hope to be done by jan 14'

And after all that you found time to search us out and post a detailed testimonial here. "How nice"
Two southern ladies are sitting at the country club by the pool. The first southern lady says, "When I had my first child, my husband bought me a diamond ring." The second lady says, "Well, isn't that nice."

The first lady says, "When my second child was born, my husband took me on a cruise." The second lady says,''well isn't that nice

The first lady continues, "When my third child was born, my husband took me on a trip around the world." And the second lady says, once again, "Well, isn't that nice."

The first lady asks, "Well, what did your husband get you when your first child was born?" The second lady repiles, "My husband sent me to finishing school."

The first lady asks, "Well why did he do that?" And the second lady says, "So I could learn to say ‘Well isn't that nice,’ instead of ‘Bull$#%!"

bullshit_meter.gif

Last edited:

spockmckoy

Reaction score
I really don't care if you believe me or not. I found this site after a search for Newton group. you are listed along with other sites. So far to date, I have signed authorization docs [so newton can begin the process], this allows newton to request the estoppel docs from my resort [which newton did and the resort returned it to newton], closing docs were prepared/notarized, fedex back to newton. they have been sent to my resort from newton. the last steps are the final closing/transfer to new owner and the letter of completion of the transfer and deed delivered. Now, isn't that nice........

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I really don't care if you believe me or not. I found this site after a search for Newton group. you are listed along with other sites. So far to date, I have signed authorization docs [so newton can begin the process], this allows newton to request the estoppel docs from my resort [which newton did and the resort returned it to newton], closing docs were prepared/notarized, fedex back to newton. they have been sent to my resort from newton. the last steps are the final closing/transfer to new owner and the letter of completion of the transfer and deed delivered. Now, isn't that nice........

Not saying you are a shill or not but you took the time to research NGT I just wonder why you didn't take the time to research how to give away your timeshare. You would have found TUG then and saved yourself thousands of dollars in the process.

It does seem unusual that you only find TUG after you are supposedly "three steps away" from being free of the timeshare. Most people, IMHO, would want to completely FORGET the timeshare once they are done with it, not do more "research".

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shill or not, it doesn't matter the Newton Group is for real. The will do what they say. I know. And I'm not their shill.

spockmckoy

Reaction score
to RX8

I tried to give it away, when dealing with Coral Sands, they kept telling me I can't give it away, they would still send me the maint fee bill and would attack my credit if I didn't pay. I found this web site a year ago while searching for info on newton. search yourself and you will find this link to the newton discussion. I contacted some charities to give it to them and they wouldn't take it. those that knew about time shares all said the same thing; it isn't an asset, it is a liability. I contacted the SC attorney general and they would do nothing for me and said I needed to contact the AJ in my state. My state said since the property/transaction didn't take place in my state, I had to deal with the state the transaction took place in. vicious cycle huh???