• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceanwatch highlights?

Phanatic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi -
First time poster - long time lurker on this site. Finally decided to join after learning a ton from the members.

We are heading to Oceanwatch in MB this weekend for the first time. Any recommendations for dinner? Any must do's besides golf?

Thanks,

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi -
First time poster - long time lurker on this site. Finally decided to join after learning a ton from the members.

We are heading to Oceanwatch in MB this weekend for the first time. Any recommendations for dinner? Any must do's besides golf?

Thanks,

Hi there welcome to TUG! We were at Ocean Watch last October and it was my first visit. For dinner you can head over to Barefoot Landing which is maybe 10 minutes drive and there are a number of restaurants there. We actually ate at the Flying Fish Public Market twice and considering my husband won't eat fish that saying something. He actually said the BBQ ribs were excellent. For a touristy thing to do you can head down towards Murrells Inlet and visit Brookgreen Gardens - a really cool public garden with lots of history related to the old rice plantations and slavery.

Enjoy! We're headed to Canyon Villas in Phoenix on Saturday :cheer:

Carol

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Are you looking for adult things or will you have kids with you on this trip?

piper_chuck

Reaction score
Here are some regular things for us:

If you like milk shakes, go to Friendly's for a Fribble.

If you want to get out of Myrtle Beach a bit, consider the restaurants on the waterfront in Little River and Calabash. Not very upscale, but we've always liked them. Calabash is widely known for the way they fry shrimp.

The Parson's Table in Little River is more formal than the other places in Little River or Calabash.

Phanatic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helpful hints. No adults just the two of us and are really looking forward to exploring a new spot.

UK Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like Captain Dave's Dockside in Murrells Inlet for dinner.

SCSTWG

Reaction score
Love OceanWatch. Headed back there for 4th of July this year. If you have never been there, I would think that Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing would be at the top of your "to do" list. Both have a bunch of restaurants, shops and touristy things to do. There are also some fun dinner shows in town that are worth looking into. As you mentioned, amazing golf in the area. I think you might be so impressed with OceanWatch that you might not want to leave very often. Have a great time.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The some of the best fresh seafood can be found on Murrells Inlet for lunch and dinner. I would avoid some of the large chain seafood places in the various malls.

At the resort concierge desk they will give you some recommendation of places to dine.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
We liked The Sea Captain's House. Ask for a table on the porch overlooking the ocean.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We liked The Sea Captain's House. Ask for a table on the porch overlooking the ocean.

Yes, The Sea Captain's breakfast buffet is awesome and the view of the ocean is just outstanding.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
MB restaurant- Umbertos

Hi,
We went to Ocean Watch 2 years in a row before trying HH last summer. I really missed having dinner again at Umbertos at Barefoot landing. We ate there several times over our 2 years down there and loved it. It is called a Pittsburgh Style Italian Steakhouse and the food and service is outstanding. Just the accompaniments with every dinner alone are worth the trip. You have to try this place and can't go wrong with the steaks and chops or the Italian dishes.
Let me know how you liked it.
Enjoy,
Brian

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Though certainly not upscale, we like Three Pigs for pulled pork. Portions are fairly large, so depending on your appetites, you might be able to share one plate.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The grills get a lot of use but because there were so many of them, we never had to wait. The Loews grocery store nearby seemed to have fresher seafood and a slightly better selection of meat than Food Lion. Food Lion overall was cheaper for most things. We weren't impressed by the price or selection at Kroegers.

We ate at a place called Indo Thai very close to the Loews grocery store. DH had Thai Duck and I did hibachi Lobster, shrimp, and scallops. Good price for the quality. My lobster was a little overcooked- not enough to make it bad just a little over, everything else was cooked perfectly.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
The grills get a lot of use but because there were so many of them, we never had to wait. The Loews grocery store nearby seemed to have fresher seafood and a slightly better selection of meat than Food Lion. Food Lion overall was cheaper for most things. We weren't impressed by the price or selection at Kroegers.

The grills are the new infrared type and are great. Lowes is more upscale than Kroger or Food Lion. While I will buy canned goods or dry goods from them I go to Lowes for produce and sometimes meat. But the best new grocery in the area is The Fresh Market. Upscale even more so than Lowes but they have great cuts of meat and a really nice selection of bakery items.

Since I'm a meat and potato type of guy we love Thourghbreds. Best steakhouse in MB as far as we're concerned. Others worth mentioning are Gordon Biersch Brewery and Chestnut Hill. There are far too many to list here but if you like seafood I would like others here, recommend Murrells Inlet.

Cobra1950

Reaction score
We are headed to Ocean Watch for the first time w/o May 9 with our grown kids coming down from Charlotte:cheer:
These tips are great! We did stay several years ago at the Sheraton TS in MB and was ok but not beachfront. We own a week at Legends Edge but this is on lagoon and nice but really the sleepy part of town, so MB should be nice.

Phanatic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We arrived yesterday around 2pm and were able to check-in by 2:30. Using DP for oceanfront and were assigned 7th floor in Starfish building middle unit. Nice view. We really wanted the Conch or Scallop building and were offered first floor in the Conch building. Not much of a view and too close to the pool and grills. We declined and stuck with the Starfish building. Why don't the villas have any screens? We are not big AC fans and would love to just have the windows and screen door open for sleeping. This is our first time here. The unit has a smaller footprint than the 2br units at Surfwatch. Heading to the pool for the day until it rains.