• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Maintenace Fee Table

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone come across a comprehensive listing (or spreadsheet) of resorts and what their maintenance fees are (even if its dated) for different room categories? I wish i could search large listings (like those on ebay) and get the maintenance fee listed in the search results - they have it as a field in the general information but I cant see it tabled or as a search criteria.

On a similar issue is there a comprehensive spreadsheet of timeshares covered by II and RCI with their respective ID's?

If so where can i find these?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that is too big a project for someone who is a volunteer to take on. Also our maintenance fees in ALL our units over the last five years have escalated so much that old info would be totally worthless!

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The idea of a m/f database is great in theory, but regrettably totally unworkable in practice. RCI alone has nearly 4,500 affiliated resorts so let's try and work up some figures based on my own resort. This is a resort of less than 200 units, but there are at least a dozen different unit types and each type may have it's own m/f fee, or range of fees as high, mid and low season fees may differ. Imagine how many different unit types somewhere like Orange Lake will have.
Multiply that by the number of resorts and you would end up with anything from 50,000 to 150,000 different fees!!! (I didn't expect to come up with that number when I started this reply :eek: )
Even if resorts would willingly hand over that information it would be a massive job to collate and an even bigger one to maintain.
I'm afraid the only practical way to get accurate m/f figures is to contact the resort.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I agree with Cathy and Keith. Developing a fees database would be a huge project for a volunteer to undertake - with somewhat limited value, unless someone was also willing to spend the almost infinite number of hours necessary to contact resorts, gather accurate current fee info and update the database annually. I think it might be more than a full time job!

Having said that, if you are interested in Marriotts, the precise info you seek in both of your queries is included in the FAQs for the Marriott forum on this BBS. The maintenance fees schedule has info for every type of unit at every Marriott timeshare resort for a number of years through 2007. The updated schedule with 2008 fees should be posted within a few days.

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Table

I agree with all the comments - thanks. However when purchasing a new time share as far as the costs go its probably the most important factor as its something that you have to pay its predictable sometimes. (my home unit goes up about 2-4% every year). I also wish there was a comprehensive spreadsheet with timeshare information that would help me plan a vacation when i plan to visit a particular area - i might have for example a preference for a starwood resort. Some resorts charge guests fees for utilities and maid service. It would be nice if one could see at a glance and be able to sort such information - I would pay to access such information. The maintenance fees listing could be part of such a project. Such a database or table (with all the amenities and policies and costs) could be done like a wiki project that is updated or done by different individuals on a voluntary basis - which i would be happy to be part of.

Just a note - i was never suggesting that TUG undertake such a project - i was just asking if anyone ever come across something like this on the web or anywhere else.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we could add something to the review pages if everyone is interested...

geekette

Reaction score
To each his own, but I only care about fees for places I'm considering going, not every timeshare that exists. It would actually take longer to look up Resort X in the theorized database than it would to just make a call or read the profile.

Same deal with maint fees - I only care about what's charged at a resort I'm thinking of buying. This kind of data gets stale pretty quickly and I would not rely on it.

And while I know wikis are today's greatest thing, I don't trust something that passes thru anybody and everybody's hands. The data loses all credibility with me.

Adding a section to the review form to input fees seems reasonably painless in comparison.

just my 2 cents.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
History is only that. Nothing is guaranteed

I agree with all the comments - thanks. However when purchasing a new time share as far as the costs go its probably the most important factor as its something that you have to pay its predictable sometimes. (my home unit goes up about 2-4% every year). I also wish there was a comprehensive spreadsheet with timeshare information that would help me plan a vacation when i plan to visit a particular area - i might have for example a preference for a starwood resort. Some resorts charge guests fees for utilities and maid service. It would be nice if one could see at a glance and be able to sort such information - I would pay to access such information. The maintenance fees listing could be part of such a project. Such a database or table (with all the amenities and policies and costs) could be done like a wiki project that is updated or done by different individuals on a voluntary basis - which i would be happy to be part of.

Just a note - i was never suggesting that TUG undertake such a project - i was just asking if anyone ever come across something like this on the web or anywhere else.

Just because a resort has had stable fees for X years doesn't mean they won't sky rocket next year or have a special assessment. It MAY mean they are doing a good job of planning and properly funding future needs or it may mean they are bowing to pressure to hold fees down and things are going to hit the fan soon.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfields/Wyndham MF history

The Wyndham Owner Forum kept a very impressive spreadsheet of MF for the Wyndham resorts since 1994. You can found it here

http://forums.atozed.com/viewtopic.php?f=164&t=1964

It helped me greatly for selecting FF listing on ebay. But I still have to go into each listing to check out MF. There is no consistency even among FF point listings. Some seller uses annual MF, others use monthly, some include tax, others mention tax in the middle of a long description, many don't mention it at all. I also have to be really careful about usage (annual or every other year).

I think high MF is probably why many timeshare end up on ebay for $1.

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the last two links - i will check it out - its what i was looking for. I agree - its not consistent when searching listings like those on ebay. To timeOS2 - the TS i was referring to has limits to the MF fees annual increase.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the last two links - i will check it out - its what i was looking for. I agree - its not consistent when searching listings like those on ebay. To timeOS2 - the TS i was referring to has limits to the MF fees annual increase.

That can really be a mixed blessing. It the Board can't raise regular fees to what is actually needed due to artificial limitations then it may be setting the owners up for a special assessment. Some things that sound great aren't so good in practice. On the other hand at a given resort the limits may be such that they can eassily operate and fund reserves- in FL its 15% on operations only, reserves and taxes have no limits - so the impact there is zero. Any operation that can't live on a potential 15% annual increase isn't operating efficiently It is really tied to the individual resort and how it functions.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would that chart also be able to to note the nickel and diming of the owners like charging for parking at some resorts and not at other resorts.

Or like at some of resorts one has free sailboat, rowboat, sailborads and kayaks use while another of our resorts have free paddle boats and minature golfing when other resorts charge for those.

How about wireless internet or the use of desktops at the resort.

If you try add those items to to a chart for $$$$ consideration that would make it IMHO a nightmare to compile..

Bruce :D

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/resortsdatabase.php

I found this - which is a hugh undertaking! Resorts all over the world. It is in the making - Here is also a link so you go give them your maintenance fees for your resorts.

http://www.timeshareforums.com/foru...s/52864-requesting-2008-mfs-your-resorts.html :whoopie:

Marsha
============================

Has anyone come across a comprehensive listing (or spreadsheet) of resorts and what their maintenance fees are (even if its dated) for different room categories? I wish i could search large listings (like those on ebay) and get the maintenance fee listed in the search results - they have it as a field in the general information but I cant see it tabled or as a search criteria.

On a similar issue is there a comprehensive spreadsheet of timeshares covered by II and RCI with their respective ID's?

If so where can i find these?

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you added it to the review pages, could that information then be extracted separately thru the wonders of the computer?? Just curious :)

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you added it to the review pages, could that information then be extracted separately thru the wonders of the computer?? Just curious :)
Getting the figures to include in the review pages won't be easy either. Most reviews are submitted by people exchanging into resorts, not by owners at resorts. Exchangers won't know the m/f for the resort they are visiting. As fees generally go up every year, and by indeterminate amounts, the figure provided will on average be out of date in 6 months.
Sorry to rain on the parade, but I'm just being realistic about the problems.
As I said before I do think it's a great idea in theory. :D