• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell West Club 5,000 annual points

Status
Not open for further replies.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another question is this due every year when the Mf's due:

Club Fee $151.50

Yes, but it is built into the annual billing. The 2016 dues of $1266. include the club fee, Interval Gold membership and the MFs. They sent out one statement with all the fees itemized and totaled.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell will allow you to pay in FULL, every 6 months (half year), quarterly or monthly. A big help to decide after Christmas WHICH way to pay.;)

rocksteadyserg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe
Would you mind checking on the shell web site what would the price be for a deal dash for inn at the opera and peacock for a Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday. I am not asking to book them but I would like to see what the fee/price would be on those nights as this would a big reason On taking your points over. Thank you"

When I checked online, I found Inn at the Opera check in March 23 for one night would cost $22.50 + $17.50 (transaction fee since I already used my 2 free ones) = $40. In looking at this, it looks like someone could booked a night in a hotel room for $22.50 and not have to pay housekeeping on top of that. Is that correct?

Also, depending on season, it looks like a room at Peacock Suites could go as low as $7.50 per night on Dash away Deals without additional housekeeping fees. Has anyone ever booked like that? I have not. I am actually thinking about giving this to an employee if it's really possible to book that cheaply

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
presley;1848488 Membership comes with: 2 housekeeping tokens .[/QUOTE said:
For a Shell Newbie, can someone explain "housekeeping tokens". Are they based upon the number of points one has? Are they negotiated under the original developer purchase? Are they surrendered on a per stay basis? A per night basis? or on per reservation basis?

Also, what is a dash deal? Are housekeeping token required on a dash deal? Is there a reservation fee (in addition to a nightly fee) on a dash deal?

Thank you advance,

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a Shell Newbie, can someone explain "housekeeping tokens". Are they based upon the number of points one has? Are they negotiated under the original developer purchase? Are they surrendered on a per stay basis? A per night basis? or on per reservation basis?

Also, what is a dash deal? Are housekeeping token required on a dash deal? Is there a reservation fee (in addition to a nightly fee) on a dash deal?

Thank you advance,

You get housekeeping tokens based on the total number of points you have in your membership. They get used whenever you book a Shell vacation or an II exchange. It doesn't matter how long your reservation is, one night, 14 nights... it will use one housekeeping token.

AFAIK, there are no housekeeping fees for Dash away Deals. There aren't reservation fees per se, but if you do more than 2 transactions in a year, you pay a transaction fee. If you do multiple transactions in one phone call, it counts as one. If you've used up your 2 and then cancel a reservation, you pay a fee for cancelling (transaction fee). If you've used your 2 up and want to book Dash Away Deals once a month, you'll pay a transaction fee each time you do that.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Due to recent changes in the wording of this forum, I won't ask for any $ for the 2016 MFs, but am asking for closing/transfer fees.

Estimated Shell transfer fee: $450. (may be less)
LTT* estimated (optional): $157.
*Or, you can choose your own closing agent and pay whatever they charge.

Shell requires a credit application and copies of your driver's license to transfer. Because of this, you may wish to use LTT or another third party. If you are comfortable with me handling those items, you would only pay the Shell transfer fee.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The offer in the OP has been updated. Please see first post.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping this.
Still available with the posted points in the OP. You do not need to pay 2016 dues for the 2016 points. You only need to pay the transfer fee posted in the OP.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Due to recent changes in the wording of this forum, I won't ask for any $ for the 2016 MFs, but am asking for closing/transfer fees.

Estimated Shell transfer fee: $450. (may be less)
LTT* estimated (optional): $157.
*Or, you can choose your own closing agent and pay whatever they charge.

Shell requires a credit application and copies of your driver's license to transfer. Because of this, you may wish to use LTT or another third party. If you are comfortable with me handling those items, you would only pay the Shell transfer fee.

Did they tell you what the transfer fee is? I called today and the guy I got said it was $75....That doesn't seem right. I thought I paid something along the lines of $225. I wish they printed it somewhere.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they tell you what the transfer fee is? I called today and the guy I got said it was $75....That doesn't seem right. I thought I paid something along the lines of $225. I wish they printed it somewhere.

My OP was updated when I got the quote from Shell. It is $225. for my 3 certificates to transfer. If you only have one certificate, $75. sounds right. The prices are lower than what they were last year.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
is the $151.50 club fee due if one already owns a Shell club in Hawaii?

I don't know because I only own one club. Hopefully, someone who owns more than one will be able to answer.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
yes.... if you own different clubs you pay for each club,.. It is best to keep your points all in one club if you want to keep the fees lower

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like this is going to transfer to a new owner. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.