• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC "spin" on losing Club Intrawest affiliation

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Got this in an e-mail today from HGVC, interesting way to spin the change.

Important Update: Club Intrawest
Hilton Grand Vacations periodically conducts a review of our affiliations to ensure they best align with the travel preferences of our Club Members. As a result, the affiliation between Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Club Intrawest will come to a close on May 15, 2016. However, this change will not impact any existing reservations at Club Intrawest resorts. For future travels, we invite you to explore the wide range of resorts available through Hilton Grand Vacations Club, including the many and varied destinations throughout Mexico, as well as opportunities through the Hilton Worldwide portfolio and RCI. Club Counselors are available should you have any questions.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this in an e-mail today from HGVC, interesting way to spin the change.

Important Update: Club Intrawest
Hilton Grand Vacations periodically conducts a review of our affiliations to ensure they best align with the travel preferences of our Club Members. As a result, the affiliation between Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Club Intrawest will come to a close on May 15, 2016. However, this change will not impact any existing reservations at Club Intrawest resorts. For future travels, we invite you to explore the wide range of resorts available through Hilton Grand Vacations Club, including the many and varied destinations throughout Mexico, as well as opportunities through the Hilton Worldwide portfolio and RCI. Club Counselors are available should you have any questions.

WOW... next they will say that DVC doesn't meet travel preferences...

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Interesting, i would have expected them to at least mention the Diamond acquisition as part or all of the reason.. seems like Diamond does not align with the traveler preference...

koelemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today a Club Intrawest rep said it was Diamond that walked from HGVC, not the other way around. My guess is that HGVC didn't want the association with Diamond, but that makes me wonder what the conflict was between them. The Intrawest folks are headed to Diamond tomorrow for "training" on how the new affiliation between Diamond and Intrawest will work. Whatever, I have enjoyed accessing Intrawest through HGVC.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I can see why this move makes sense. Why send people to your competitor to buy a timeshare. Not saying that a Hilton owner would stay at a CI property and end up buying from Diamond, but it is at least possible. I don't really see an upside the the deal for Diamond or HGVC.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's always about the Benjamin's.
I would imagine that Diamond's number-crunchers did a cost-benefit analysis (with colorful charts & graphs) which showed that HGVC was a sponge and did more harm than good.

So Diamond kicked HGVC to the curb and HGVC yelled back, "Yeah, well, I was leaving anyway."