• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can HHV and Waikaloa expenses be charged to HGVC Room?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are wondering if restaurants, luaus, surfing lessons, snorkeling/helicopter tours etc made at HHV, and at the Waikoloa Hotel can be billed back to our rooms at HGVC Lagoon and Kingsland?

There is an AMEX rebate offer of $200 off $1000 spent in Hilton Hawaii properties that we just loaded on to our AMEX Surpass cards The catch is that the spending must be charged to the room. We have a 2 week summer trip to HHV and Kingsland so 20% off meals and tours (up to $400 savings) sounds like a great deal since this is spending we would incur anyway. Might be worth a try since AMEX will likely code everything as Hilton.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Yes they can.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
However, do not expect HHonors points for those charges when you are staying in an HGVC room.

That is true, you do not earn base points when staying at HGVC resorts. However if you use Hilton Amex to pay for yourt stay, anything charged to the room will count as "hotel spend" and earn the higher HHonors points. I assume the Hilton Visa will work the same.

For me at least, it easier just to charge to my room and then have a single bill to pay at the end. Others may feel differently.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Just curious. Do you have a link to the promotion that you could share?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just curious. Do you have a link to the promotion that you could share?

Description below. (Not sure if offer will work with HGVC Hawaii room charges but credit card categories are not terribly exact and we have nothing to lose since we will pay with our AMEX cards anyway.)

AMEX Hilton Hawaii Offer Spend $1000 get $200 back
http://pointsmilesandmartinis.boardingarea.com/2016/05/new-amex-offers-including-hilton/

To see if you were targeted for this offer on your AMEX cards, login to your card account and look at the bottom of the homepage to see if you were targeted for the offer.

Before you add it to your card, if you have more than one AMEX card, open another window and login to your other AMEX cards. Once you line the windows up add all to your eligible cards at the same time. If you don't add these offers simultaneously, then the offer falls off your other cards and you can only use the offer once.

We had it on our 2 Amex Surpass cards but not on our Costco cards so if it works, we could save $400.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Thanks so much! We're going to Kings Land this summer, so we'll give it a go, as well. Much appreciated.

jestme

Reaction score
FYI, in this supposed "World Wide Hilton" corporation, the only two countries where you can get the Amex Hilton card are the U.S. and Great Britain. Even though AMEX is accepted in most countries of the world, and at all Hiltons around the world, they don't off this card anywhere else.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just back from two weeks in Hawaii. One week at KL and the other week at Grand Wailea. With the two properties combined, spent a little over $1k and I have already been issued the $200 credit from AMEX.

Thanks for reporting this. So the $1000 is cumulative and does not need to be spent in one resort bill? If so that is great news because we may have uneven spending across HHV and KL.

Lastly, were all of your charges to your room? or were there other Hilton Hawaiian property charges that counted toward the spend?

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I charged everything I could to the room at KL and Grand Wailea. And yes, it can be cumulative. I had this deal on two of my AMEX cards, but I couldn't find a valid reason to spend another $1k to save $200. However, if you ask my wife, she could've found plenty of reasons. :hysterical:

Details
Get a 1X $200 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $1,000+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Hilton properties in Hawaii from 4/15/16 to 10/15/16. Book direct with Hilton. Excludes advance purchase rates.