• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Seasons

meldev

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you only book your home resort during the season on the deed?

I'm looking at a Gold season resale - could I only book during that season then?

Is there a link to HGVC's seasons by resort?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm looking at a Gold season resale - could I only book during that season then?

Is there a link to HGVC's seasons by resort?

Yes to the first one.

You can book at any season once you are 9 months away from the check in date.

Try this: http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/explore/
When you click on each resort, you can find the seasons for the resort.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

"No" to the first one.

"Yes" would be correct only if the question was specific to home week bookings.
Home week bookings require the same size & season as you own, made 12-9 months out.

But you can also make a Club reservation at your home resort (or any other resort).
Club reservations let you book any size & any dates (3N Min), starting at 9 months out.

Many owners never make "home week" bookings as they are too restrictive (I never have).
However, they give a leg-up to those who routinely go to high-demand sites, like Hawaii or NYC.

Last edited:

semicycler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some confusion here. The advantage you gain by owning at a particular resort is the ability to book the exact room size and season you own for a full week starting 12 months in advance of your visit. If you own a 1 bed gold at Tuscany you get to book a 1 bed for seven nights at Tuscany during gold season 12 months in advance. Want to book a 2 bed instead? Less/more than seven nights? Some season other than gold? Stay at a different resort? It's all possible using straight points but you can only book 9 months in advance.

So owning lets you book exactly what you own at 12 months (called home week). All other bookings start at 9 months (club reservations). You basically get a 3 month advantage for booking reservations for exactly what you own. Otherwise everything else is first come first served provided you have enough points.

meldev

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you this have been very helpful.

Do you find it difficult to get into certain locations at 9 months out? Somewhere like Myrtle Beach in the summer?

Are you all resale buyers? Who do you trust to buy from?

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Some of us purchased from HGVC and many have purchased resale.. some have purchased both resale and developer.

I am not sure about Myrtle Beach, Hilton Hawaii Village on Oahu is about the hardest resort to get, but i was successful booking that at exactly the 9 month mark.

If your buying Gold season but hoping to book in Platinum you will need to make sure you have enough points.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a home week reservation you also have to check in on a designated "check in day" usually Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. We usually check in on a week day as plane tickets tend to be cheaper.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Do you find it difficult to get into certain locations at 9 months out? Somewhere like Myrtle Beach in the summer?

Myrtle Beach should not be difficult.
They have two properties: Anderson Club & Ocean 22.
The closer you book to 270 days out, the better.

meldev

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you book your home season and size, there are no additional fees to book. Anything from that there is a booking fee of $82.

I find Hilton has high fees. Here is the link to the fee schedule.

http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/content/2Fees-ENG-010116.pdf

HGVC does seem fee heavy. Looking at the fee schedule, if we were to pool points and have them converted to HH pts, we'd pay a fee $82 online and then another $76 when we'd go to book a hotel stay with those points? Is this correct?
So essentially $158 minimum to book the stay....

But if we converted our points to HH points ($82) couldnt we just book our stay ourselves as we normally do via Hilton.com without incurring a fee?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
HGVC does seem fee heavy. Looking at the fee schedule, if we were to pool points and have them converted to HH pts, we'd pay a fee $82 online and then another $76 when we'd go to book a hotel stay with those points? Is this correct?

So essentially $158 minimum to book the stay....

But if we converted our points to HH points ($82) couldnt we just book our stay ourselves as we normally do via Hilton.com without incurring a fee?

The $76 fee is to book with HGVC points not HHonors points. Once you convert them for $82 you can book without any additional cost.

meldev

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $76 fee is to book with HGVC points not HHonors points. Once you convert them for $82 you can book without any additional cost.

Thank you - I didn't realize you could book directly with HGVC points.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

You can book hotels with HGVC, but your value is lower than if you converted the points the prior year. If you know you need hotel points, you need to covert by the end of the year prior to the points being awarded to get the 25:1 point conversion. If you decide during the year the points are awarded that you need a hotel, you only get 20:1.

If you think you'd be using HGVC for hotels often, DO NOT BUY HGVC. The cost of the MFs + fees end up costing much more than booking hotel rooms for cash.

meldev

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can book hotels with HGVC, but your value is lower than if you converted the points the prior year. If you know you need hotel points, you need to covert by the end of the year prior to the points being awarded to get the 25:1 point conversion. If you decide during the year the points are awarded that you need a hotel, you only get 20:1.

If you think you'd be using HGVC for hotels often, DO NOT BUY HGVC. The cost of the MFs + fees end up costing much more than booking hotel rooms for cash.

Thank you I appreciate that advice. There's only one trip in the foreseeable future that we'd most likely want to convert to HH points (disneyland)...we're already HH members and pretty much exclusively stay at Hilton properties. Most often I see our usage being a week/partial week in Orlando (if partial week, then remainder of week at another FL property) and a week at Myrtle each year. (If we accumulate enough points for 2 weeks that is)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thank you I appreciate that advice. There's only one trip in the foreseeable future that we'd most likely want to convert to HH points (disneyland)...we're already HH members and pretty much exclusively stay at Hilton properties. Most often I see our usage being a week/partial week in Orlando (if partial week, then remainder of week at another FL property) and a week at Myrtle each year. (If we accumulate enough points for 2 weeks that is)
Another option is using HGVC points in RCI. There was a recent sighting for Peacock Suites at Disneyland, might be cheaper point wise than a hotel. You are a TUG registered member so you can view the sightings forum messages.

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

If you convert current-year HGVC points to HH points, the HH points will appear in your HH account during the 1st week of January, the following year. Whether you do that, or use current-year HGVC points to book a hotel... both devalue your points, 'cuz you score far more at a HGVC or RCI resort.

I have converted HGVC points to HH points when the value was more than the conversion fee, I wasn't going to use them otherwise, and I was only a few points shy of a full-week stay.