• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

You have a baby... In a bar

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
I'm in an owner lounge with a magnificent fireplace, a pool table, piano, a 22 foot bar with all sorts of alcohol being served and... a bunch of kids running around and a baby crying.

The owner lounge is clearly a bar in my opinion, but I'm curious what others think of very young children being in an area where the only thing being served is alcohol and trail mix.

The rule is that those under 21 must be accompanied by an adult, and they are.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My opinion is, that if it's an owner lounge they should expect the owners, and their children, to be there. It's my opinion they should provide something (soft drinks) for the kids. What do you think?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Sounds like the parents and establishment are both obeying the rules. Doesn't make it any more pleasant to be around a crying baby though.

Jim Ricks

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some years ago when my daughter was a child, I worked at a place that fielded an office softball team. Those of that didnt play often went to the gamds for a cheap night out and to support the team. The players brought their families and so did the spectators

After the game we all went to Rudys, a local tavern, that served alcohol, and a limited menu of bar food...including a great pizza. Moms and dads and the kids at the neighborhood bar, drinking beer and eating pizza....we pushed 6 or 8 tables together and had a fine time. And we all got home before bedtime

I didnt see anything wrong with it then and I dont now.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Many restaurants serve alcohol and cater to families with children. If the owners lounge is going to serve that function, it has a long way to go on the catering to families.

Kids are fine (except the screaming one - her I'm holding a grudge against), but they generally need something to do if the adults are all drinking and conversing. From what I can tell the kid-friendly activities include climbing on the furniture and rolling the balls from the pool table into the wall. They're bored out of their minds.

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kids are fine (except the screaming one - her I'm holding a grudge against), but they generally need something to do if the adults are all drinking and conversing. From what I can tell the kid-friendly activities include climbing on the furniture and rolling the balls from the pool table into the wall. They're bored out of their minds.

I don't mind kids either, I love my grandkids. I do however have a problem with parents that just let there kids run wild with no discipline in the lounges both at HGVC and Hilton hotels. If you bring your kids, watch them!

Last edited by a moderator:

bdj604

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of owners lounges.....

which HGVC sites have one? I usually stay at Orlando International Drive and have been to LV Strip (shortly after it opened) and don't believe either have an owners lounge. Just curious what they offer--any free appetizers, drinks, continental breakfast or anything special for owners?

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
which HGVC sites have one? I usually stay at Orlando International Drive and have been to LV Strip (shortly after it opened) and don't believe either have an owners lounge. Just curious what they offer--any free appetizers, drinks, continental breakfast or anything special for owners?

It offers a bar. Drinks are not free. There is a happy hour from 4 to 6. The member guide notes which properties have them.

Purseval

Reaction score
The owner lounge is clearly a bar in my opinion, but I'm curious what others think of very young children being in an area where the only thing being served is alcohol and trail mix.

Children are allowed in areas where the only thing going on is drinking and gambling. In fact there was a pretty sensational murder case not too long ago involving a child who had been allowed to wander unsupervised around while her grandfather gambled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Strohmeyer

mylo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oooh, this one is tough for me! I was the daughter of an accountant who handled the books for what seemed like every dive bar in the area - I practically grew up in bars! I was an only child, and felt very comfortable around adults, even in bars. I would *not* have been permitted to run wild or climb on things, though I played a lot of terrible games of darts.

Now, I OWN a bar - and we serve some food, so we often have children (even babies) in the bar during the day. I have absolutely no problem with this during the day, but when folks stay for dinner and then keep their table for the live entertainment, I start getting nervous. We're a dive bar with fraternity boys playing beer pong and singing bawdy irish folk songs! We have discussed instituting a '18+ after 8pm' rule, where exceptions are granted on a case by case basis. On the other side of that, I was certainly in bars after 8pm (one of my favorite memories is Les Dudek continuing to pay well past Last Call because I (ten or twelve years old) was enjoying it so much - I still have the pick he gave me!

Anyway, it's a tough line to walk, and I tend to think that there's nothing wrong with kids there that isn't wrong in a restaurant - just keep your kids in line, give them a book, and if your baby won't stop crying, it's time for you to go.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I'm in an owner lounge with a magnificent fireplace, a pool table, piano, a 22 foot bar with all sorts of alcohol being served and... a bunch of kids running around and a baby crying.

On one hand it sounds fine to me. On the other hand, it's one more reason why I don't feel like I need to reach elite status. This is certainly one place I wouldn't want to go on vacation. Sure kids will be kids but, every once in awhile, I enjoy an adult place without the kids being kids. Much like smokers trying to find a place to smoke, I'm finding it harder and harder to find a place to relax without someone's child acting their age.

God bless the children and I'm all for letting them acting their age, but sometimes I'd just like an area of solitude away from all the noise and comotion.

Last edited: