• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Mexican Timeshare Solutions

--V--

Reaction score
Have you paid MTS any money yet? If so, I would suggest taking these questions to them since you are paying them to do something for you and they should be able to address your concerns such as collection agencies hounding you.

No, I haven't paid MTS yet since they have not cancelled my timeshare yet. It is still in the process.

South Hill Finance said that my timeshare with Cabo Villa is now cancelled and if I don't make my payments by 01/15, they will go through a collection agency.

I finally got a chance to talk to Ricardo Lasker from MTS and he said that the process may take some time and it may get ugly before it get better. He assures me that they are doing the best they can. My concern is once it gets to collections, will be too late and now I will have to pay no matter what or my credit gets affected in the process.

I'm a little nervous and considering to start remitting payments to South Hill just to avoid collections from getting involved..

suggestions??

PNWFred

Reaction score
Success with Mexican Timeshare Solutions

Like others on the thread, I was just outside of the 5 day rescission period when I tried to cancel -- we had spent the remainder of our vacation on a remote beach with no wifi.

Initially we didn't think this would be a problem -- when we had filled out the timeshare paperwork, we were repeatedly told we could cancel within 30 days and forfeit our deposit. So despite our immediate next day buyers remorse, we thought we had 30 days, and only found out we didn't when we tried to cancel immediately after returning.

We found MTS after doing some googling and reading threads on this site, and decided that we really didn't have another option. They did not make us pay up front, they had an $1800 flat fee for cancellation of contract and a 15% take of any of the deposit they could get back. Unlike the timeshare contract we had stupidly signed, the MTS contract was short, clear, and easy to understand. That was a good sign -- so we started the process in early January.

Last week they informed us that the contract had been cancelled, and we were able to confirm this with the Villa Resort group. We gladly paid MTS $1800 to get out of 30 years of payments. MTS is currently going after the deposit, they have stated that there is less chance of getting the deposit back than getting the contract cancelled, so I have low expectations. I consider the sting of the lost deposit to be a good reminder about making significant financial decisions without adequate research.

MTS was very responsive and professional through the whole process, I'm glad we went with them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
PNWFred - I am very curious about how you found your way to TUG, and what motivated you to post here?

PNWFred

Reaction score
PNWFred - I am very curious about how you found your way to TUG, and what motivated you to post here?
DeniseM, I found TUG after we realized that we didn't want a timeshare and tried to get out of it -- TUG is very well indexed by google. I found TUG comments about MTS that way. I thought I'd update the thread with my MTS experiences so that anyone else in my position would benefit from them.

wrt the payments -- as we had just signed the contract and started the process with MTS prior to the first payment being due, we were not turned over to a collection agency.

Last edited:

Rulas

Reaction score
Timeshare solutions

Hi,

I will getting contact with this company timeshare solutions in Mexico for a case I have with Melia resort, I want to cancel my contract..but I would like to hear from you how worked you process with them? acceptable? or another nightmare?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi,

I will get contact with this company timeshare solutions in Mexico for a case I have with Melia resort, I want to cancel my contract..but I would liek to hear from you how worked you process with them? acceptable? or another nightmare?

Thanks!!

No regulars here would recommend a company like this - note that the recommendations come from "guests" with 1 or 2 posts....

Osotua

Reaction score
MTS

Hello PacificSurf77 - wondering if you had any luck with MTS - I recently registered with them as well. Thanks much.

Hello All,

I started working with MTS and they have been responsive to all my communications. The did advise me that I was not going to be able to get any refund but that they'd be able to cancel my timeshare. I agreed to it and this was 1 week ago. They said I'd only pay once I received a cancellation notice. I'll post with updates as I'm sure there are other who'd like to know. I hope this works as I already have late fees.

C

Osotua

Reaction score
Hello V - I'm in the same predicament with Collections hounding me while cancellation is in process by MTS. Am also dealing with Ricardo Lasker. Best is to have full confidence in MTS for cancellation, particularly if you know you (like myself) have been duped. Would suggest keeping your ring-tone low, do not answer phones/e-mails and keep your cool. That's my plan while I wait for closure :0)

Osotua

Reaction score
Very useful Nat77. Thank you. I'm in exactly the same predicament, and have signed up with MTS. Hope all goes well.

informedgirl

Reaction score
mexican timeshares solution how things turned out are they truthful?

Thanks Jim,

I may try to give the MTS a try since it looks I am already in the hook and have nothing else to lose. This is the contract they sent that i need to sign before they can 'work' for my case. it says no upfront fees!

INITIALS

CLAUSES

DEFINITIONS

The specific terms that shall be used in this contract are defined according to the following:

CLIENT. - An individual or individuals who have the legal faculties to hire and have the desire to hire
the services of MTS for counseling and legal defense related to the tourism services providers
contract at issue.
MTS. - A professional firm in Mexico whose desire is to provide clients with representation, assistance and advise in the manner of services specified in this contract, for remuneration.

OBJECT OF THE ACTION

MTS agrees to give advice by all means favorable to the CLIENT and to defend the rights of the CLIENT against the Timeshare Developer.
MTS agrees to give monthly written notification to the CLIENT of the actions made on behalf of the CLIENT.
MTS agrees to provide legal defense, for any type of trial before any court of law in any State of Mexican territory.

TERM OF THE CONTRACT

The term of the contract is one year, starting with the date of signature and can be extended if Trial is pending or if client requests an extension of time

PAYMENT OF FEES AND COSTS

In consideration for the services described, MTS will receive the fee described below. This shall be paid as follows:

a) If the contract is cancelled with Garza Blanca, the CLIENT agrees to pay MTS $1,500.00 (One thousand five hundred American dollars), and
If MTS recovers any monies from Garza Blanca, the CLIENT will pay 25% of the monies recovered to MTS upon receiving the refund from the Timeshare Developer.

b) MTS will not collect any more monies but the described above. If MTS incurs any extra expenses, MTS shall absorb the cost. This money should be paid by the method agreed with MTS. It should be full payment and in American Dollars. Should CLIENT become more than 7 days delinquent in the payments described herein MTS reserves the right to add a 5% monthly interest charge to late payments.

MEXICAN TIMESHARE SOLUTIONS

ADVANCE TERMINATION

MTS and the CLIENT recognize that MTS has spent from their own funds diverse expenses such as paperwork, translations, certification of documents, wages and other expenses. Therefore, if this Contract is cancelled by the CLIENT through voluntary retraction and if the CLIENT recovers monies paid to
Timeshare Company as a direct or indirect result of the efforts of MTS, the CLIENT agrees to pay MTS the fee as described in this contract.

RESPONSIBILITIES OF CLIENT
CLIENT agrees:

To establish constant communication with MTS.
To tell the truth.
In case the CLIENT cannot appear at Trial, the CLIENT would grant power of attorney or related authority to MTS to perform the actions necessary for the CLIENT’S defense.

If the CLIENT does not perform the responsibilities listed in this clause, MTS will be relieved of its responsibilities set forth in this agreement.

RESPONSIBILITIES OF MTS
MTS agrees to:

Answer all CLIENT concerns about the process, trial, or actions being made on behalf of CLIENT.
Act immediately in the defense of CLIENT.
Tell the truth
Defend CLIENT with all legitimate means available to MTS.
MTS will make every effort to obtain a cancellation letter from the Timeshare Developer via email or certified mail. The CLIENT will receive a Contract Cancellation Confirmation from MTS guaranteeing that the contract has been cancelled successfully.

LAW AND JURISDICTION

This contract shall be governed by the laws of the state of Jalisco, Mexico and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mexico in respect of any dispute or difference between them arising out of this contract.

How things are going with the timeshares solutions are they truthful??

informedgirl

Reaction score
mexican timeshare solutions

Hi Thread
I woud like to know how the things are going with the nexican timeshare solutions. are they a scam o are they are the real deal please let me Know im interested

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you read all the posts in this thread - it should be perfectly clear...

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Thread
I woud like to know how the things are going with the nexican timeshare solutions. are they a scam o are they are the real deal please let me Know im interested

That person you've queried hasn't been on TUG for 2 1/2 years. Perhaps, if they registered with a valid email, you could click their blue username and send them an email. I suspect they are still a timeshare owner and have had an unhappy experience with yet another scammer. But I've been wrong before.

Jim

annie MX

Reaction score
mts

sorry for my bad english, i'm from mexico and i want to cancel my time share im out of my 5 days for cancel...and i wanna track people tha post here saying that tell give it a try with mexican time share solutions.. i know that its been a long time since de last post..

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
sorry for my bad english, i'm from mexico and i want to cancel my time share im out of my 5 days for cancel...and i wanna track people tha post here saying that tell give it a try with mexican time share solutions.. i know that its been a long time since de last post..

Annie, we'll try to make it simple. DO NOT EVER pay any money upfront to anyone who says they can cancel or get you out of a timeshare. NO ONE has a magic letter, or lawsuit that will do that. If your timeshare is paid off (you owe nothing on it's purchase) you can give it away in the Bargain Deals at the top of this forum.

Our experience is that MTS does not do what they say they will do. No one in this thread who says they worked with them has come back saying they were successful.

If I were you, I would contact your timeshare company's sales or marketing and offer to simply turn it over to them. You would lose whatever you have paid, but usually you can end the contract. There is no deed- it is a 'Right To Use' so other than losing what you've spent, there is nothing that should hurt your credit.

Good Luck and we wish you well. Welcome to TUG.

Jim

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our experience is that MTS does not do what they say they will do. No one in this thread who says they worked with them has come back saying they were successful.

Actually that is not true. Look at posts 31&32. There have also been other reports of "successful" outcomes with MTS. It's still not advised but they are not known to be a "take the fee and do nothing" type of company.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually that is not true. Look at posts 31&32. There have also been other reports of "successful" outcomes with MTS. It's still not advised but they are not known to be a "take the fee and do nothing" type of company.

Those posts are highly suspicious, because they are written by a guest, who only came to TUG to recommend this company, and then disappeared. Very possibly a shill for this company.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, perhaps I should have said that there have been a few testimonials from people claiming a successful outcome. In each case, they were new, guests on TUG. None returned, None joined out of either a desire to learn about timeshare, or out of any sense of gratitude for having saved $10,000 or more.

So OK. I'll give a VERY reserved 'try MTS at your own risk'. I feel there is a good chance those endorsements may well be shills, but have no independent proof.

Jim

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, points well taken. MTS has always been a weird bird in that you can't find much conclusive good or bad. They have an A+ rating with the BBB with no filed complaints in the past 12 months but since they pay the BBB that info cannot be relied on.

desertdiva

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Mexican Timeshare Solutions-Scam or Legit Company?

Anyone use "Mexican Timeshare Solutions" to get out of a timeshare contract? Please share your experience as I sincerely need help after being lied to by Vida Vacations so I would purchase a Bliss Unit. Is "Mexican Timeshare Solutions" a legit company or just another scam?. I'm so gun shy I don't believe anyone!!

[link deleted]

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone use "Mexican Timeshare Solutions" to get out of a timeshare contract? Please share your experience as I sincerely need help after being lied to by Vida Vacations so I would purchase a Bliss Unit. Is "Mexican Timeshare Solutions" a legit company or just another scam?. I'm so gun shy I don't believe anyone!!

[link deleted]

Thanks for your help.

Another scam.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
This might be the only thread with more shill posts than regulars.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
guessing this thread shows up near or at the top of google searches for this company name now =)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
guessing this thread shows up near or at the top of google searches for this company name now =)

....Which may not actually be good, considering all the shills raining praise on the company....leaves a researcher confused and ambivalent about them.