• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] Pueblo Bonito Black Diamond Membership

krakello

TUG Member
Reaction score
As Pueblo Bonito owners, we have recently received an "invitation" to join Pueblo Bonito Black Diamond, which will allegedly replace RCI, HSI or any of the other problematic companies out there. It is a pressure sales job to join of course, and it appears all the information and details are available only by phone, not in writing (other than general info on the website). Its "exclusive" too of course, "only 20,000 Pueblo Bonito owners can join.

We would love to hear from folks who have joined. Or have not joined. Who have used it. Any information actually, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Craig J

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received the phone pitch also. I told them if they wanted me to consider it to email me with all of the details, terms, and conditions, etc. They said, "Well, we'll just put you down as not interested then." I guess I feel like anything that they try to sell that hard over the phone is something to stay away from.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
black diamonds are rare, so this must be a really awesome program. ;)

itsmike2k

Reaction score
Black Diamond, scam in my opinion

My wife received this high pressure call and paid 695.00 down, $2500 total i think, on the assumption we would receive some kind of contract, TOS and payment schedule. This was on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the sales rep, michelle, was supposed to call us back the next tuesday to explain some more stuff.. Well tuesday came and went along with November, by the time we were able to contact Michelle it was the 2nd week of December, she was sick and busy so she couldnt call us like she promised?!?!? We were concerned because in the sales phone call Michelle promised us to bank our 2010 unused emerald bay week. After my wife finally got ahold of her she gave her some BS info on what we had to do to bank the week. After a few more days of annoying emails and phone calls we decided to cancel and get a refund because the service wasnt what they promised. We emailed her and told her we wanted to cancel and she finally replied saying we needed to call her to cancel. After calling her, and talking to her supervisor Melora, we were told we could cancel but no refund because we only had 10 days for refund. We were then pointed to the TOS on their webpage and it stated 30 days for initial membership and 10 days for renewal, upgrade or promotional. But we had to send a letter to their office, so on the 29th day I overnight a letter along with the 2 free trip vultures, we were promised 4 but only received 2 20+ days after the initial payment. I also canceled my Debit Card and notified my bank i was going to dispute the charge. As per bank policy i have to give them 30 days to refund and then i can start the dispute. we finally received a call today, after numerous call on our end to be told again we canceled to late and they will not refund the 695.00. That's a pretty big penalty for no services rendered at all. And yesterday i received another call from their payment processing saying my monthly payment couldnt be processed, please call them back to update my card info.. Wow 2+ weeks after i follow their outdated TOS cancellation process they are still trying to process another payment. So i'm waiting until the 20th to see if hopefully my bank will refund me the $$.

So in my opinion this is another BS way to steal $$ from people. one of the promotions i was sent was a buy on get one free plane ticket, one coach ticket that i can normally get for 300.00 or less was over $650.00 if thats what the rest of their "good deals' then i hate to see what the banked weeks would buy. Also after doing some research this company PB black diamond is run by Our Vacation Center (OVC), which isn't owned by Pueblo Bonito like they lead us to believe they are owned by International Cruise and Excursion(ICE) which also owns RCI and a bunch of other vacation companies.

So we never received any type of guarantee/documentation on price or services, much less any services, they didnt even bank the week for us, but they think they are entitled to 695.00??? This really puts a sour taste in my mouth for PB also. I've never used RCI or anything like it before, we have 1 week at sunset and emerald, but it seemed like a good option until i got a taste of how the customer service was. Anyone know of any other steps i can take to ensure i get my $$ back?

Thanks

Mike

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So in my opinion this is another BS way to steal $$ from people. . . . This really puts a sour taste in my mouth for PB also.
Shame on Pueblo Bonito for promoting this. I can't think of anything else you could do beyond what you've already done. Hopefully your bank will assist you on this.

You might want to send a message to Alfredo Ramirez, owner services director, and just let him know how disgusted you are with the treatment you've received. His email is aramirez@pueblobonito.com.mx It may or may not make any difference, but at least you can voice your dissatisfaction.

itsmike2k

Reaction score
Thanks Karen I will defiantly voice my opinion to him!!!

Mike

Clintshare

Reaction score
No to Black Diamond

This week I too, received the Black Diamond invite. The fellow was nice enough and we talked at length. However, as a TS owner Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan (bought it on EBAY for substantial savings over delevoper cost) and frequent visitor to both Pueblo Bonito prpoperties in MZT, I am familiar with Pueblo Bonito's TS presentations (Very low key and IMHO pretty "honest' as TS sales tactics go). Try a session Mayan Palace folks or Botique Resort La Jolla Mazatlan for real high pressure.. and ... well you know ... Anyway, experience says "If its too good to be true" "It isn't!!!"

So.. based on the adage above...I said "no" to the Black Diamond presentation. I also don't think the association with Pueblo Bonito does Pueblo Bonito's reputation any good, and will let them know.

LindaYellen

Reaction score
I love the Black Diamond Membership

:cheer: I have the Black Diamond Membership and just came on here to look up the phone number to call my account manager to have my yearly fees reimbursed. I have been doing it every year for the last 2 years and I love the fact that I can use the money I pay each year in fees now for airfare. I fly my Mom here for Christmas every year. Why not, I know Im not going to go to Mexico right now so I may as well get something out of what I pay every year anyway. My advice to you is to get an account manager you can talk to, ask some questions and have the exchange process explained. The membership works. I got 2 free vacations with my membership and used them right away -went on the Epic for a free cruise with my husband and ALSO went to Hawaii with 4 people for the other free vacation- had a ball on both.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Black Diamond

I have owned Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach for a long time, and gee I didn't get a call about this. :bawl:

Clintshare

Reaction score
Interesting

Interesting that the poster praising Black Diamond just registered at TUG a day or so ago. :doh:

Craig711

Reaction score
Check this out. from what I see ICE is the Black Diamond Company

http://www.bbb.org/phoenix/Business...c-in-scottsdale-az-36004895/Customer-Reviews/

Looks like it. The website is copyrighted to ICE Enterprise
( http://www.pueblobonitoblackdiamond.com/ ) and ICE creates a lot of special programs (sales and marketing, call center operations, etc) for timeshare companies. Pueblo Bonito is sensitive about maintaining their reputation as one of the good guys. I'm thinking this program might be a mistake on their part, especially if owners are high pressured by the call center and the product isn't up to snuff. But the jury is out until more feedback from owners comes in. :ponder:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito is sensitive about maintaining their reputation as one of the good guys. I'm thinking this program might be a mistake on their part, especially if owners are high pressured by the call center and the product isn't up to snuff. But the jury is out until more feedback from owners comes in. :ponder:
I got one of the sales calls, but the caller wasn't pushy. I asked for their website address so that I could read more about it. He provided it and that was the end of our conversation. After reading about it, I didn't think it was a good deal for us

jsacks44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pueblo Bonito Black Diamond

They did offer me an online trial after deposit of $650. After checking rates from them versus others, It seems I can get it cheaper without the $2500 fees. Although I never received a contract, I am trying to cancel and get my deposit back. I did e mail within the 10 days but now I expect they will try ot keep deposit monies

Sheridan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Black Diamond Pueblo Bonito offer

I recently got a call from a salesman selling Black Diamond Pueblo Bonito.
The cost would be $1,000. For this, I would receive the amount of my maintenance fee, $492, each year that I could use for air fare among other things. I own a timeshare at Pueblo Bonito, Mazatlan and don't plan to go there any more or to any other timeshare. I do make two airplane trips per year to visit my daughters so this would probably work out OK for me for the last 6 years of my timeshare. There is only one good review of this program in your forum and one very bad one. Any advice?
Sheridan

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a shame that Pueblo Bonito used to be one of the more reputable honest Timeshares.
They were my first timeshare tour and most of what they said was honest.
Unfortunately now they are resorting to lies and misleading comments.
I have done a tour 2 times in the last few years (specifically not asking for any reimbursement) just asking for pricing and updated info. They arent as bad as the Mayans, but starting to stretch the truth more and more and even outright lie.
The RCI Pueblo Bonito line won't let you do a search for a Pueblo Bonito with a Pueblo Bonito deposited week. They make up a different excuse every time. I have yet to get a straight answer, even after puting the request in writing.
I think they have become a big Timeshare monster and the monster needs to be fed at whatever the cost. More and more pressure for salespeople to come up with sales and the result is they say whatever they need to.
I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

jsacks44

TUG Member
Reaction score
PB Black Diamond

My wife received this high pressure call and paid 695.00 down, $2500 total i think, on the assumption we would receive some kind of contract, TOS and payment schedule. This was on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the sales rep, michelle, was supposed to call us back the next tuesday to explain some more stuff.. Well tuesday came and went along with November, by the time we were able to contact Michelle it was the 2nd week of December, she was sick and busy so she couldnt call us like she promised?!?!? We were concerned because in the sales phone call Michelle promised us to bank our 2010 unused emerald bay week. After my wife finally got ahold of her she gave her some BS info on what we had to do to bank the week. After a few more days of annoying emails and phone calls we decided to cancel and get a refund because the service wasnt what they promised. We emailed her and told her we wanted to cancel and she finally replied saying we needed to call her to cancel. After calling her, and talking to her supervisor Melora, we were told we could cancel but no refund because we only had 10 days for refund. We were then pointed to the TOS on their webpage and it stated 30 days for initial membership and 10 days for renewal, upgrade or promotional. But we had to send a letter to their office, so on the 29th day I overnight a letter along with the 2 free trip vultures, we were promised 4 but only received 2 20+ days after the initial payment. I also canceled my Debit Card and notified my bank i was going to dispute the charge. As per bank policy i have to give them 30 days to refund and then i can start the dispute. we finally received a call today, after numerous call on our end to be told again we canceled to late and they will not refund the 695.00. That's a pretty big penalty for no services rendered at all. And yesterday i received another call from their payment processing saying my monthly payment couldnt be processed, please call them back to update my card info.. Wow 2+ weeks after i follow their outdated TOS cancellation process they are still trying to process another payment. So i'm waiting until the 20th to see if hopefully my bank will refund me the $$.

So in my opinion this is another BS way to steal $$ from people. one of the promotions i was sent was a buy on get one free plane ticket, one coach ticket that i can normally get for 300.00 or less was over $650.00 if thats what the rest of their "good deals' then i hate to see what the banked weeks would buy. Also after doing some research this company PB black diamond is run by Our Vacation Center (OVC), which isn't owned by Pueblo Bonito like they lead us to believe they are owned by International Cruise and Excursion(ICE) which also owns RCI and a bunch of other vacation companies.

So we never received any type of guarantee/documentation on price or services, much less any services, they didnt even bank the week for us, but they think they are entitled to 695.00??? This really puts a sour taste in my mouth for PB also. I've never used RCI or anything like it before, we have 1 week at sunset and emerald, but it seemed like a good option until i got a taste of how the customer service was. Anyone know of any other steps i can take to ensure i get my $$ back?

Thanks

Mike

I have had a very similar experience; The agreement clearly states 30 days from the OVC subscription application; I never had an application.
Had it come from OVC instead of PB, I would be wary ; Right after the deposit, our credit card had charges for purchases in foreign countries within 48 hours. In checking, I have found at least 4 people with the same issue after talking with OVC. Points to look at
1. No application signed by you 2. No dates on any documents. 3. The Consumer Protection Council has rules regarding telemarketing and charges.
Call them. 4. They also said we could walk away but they keep $695, for what.
Access to an inoperable website normally, with deals you could get from anyone and save the upfront fees; We always use the PB so they money for not using < up to $1000> is moot for us at this point/ The best price guarantee! If a trip on Expedia is $4000 and OVC is $4500, you get $500 in bank to use ; When you use again, they credit the $500 but are already higher than someone else by $500 for what do you really get . Just say NO

jsacks44

TUG Member
Reaction score
PB Black Diamond frmerly Premier Plus

First, when they say they work for PB , not true; They are ICE , Our Vacation Center and who knows how many other companies. Second, the vacations promised on the site, whether on any of the sites, prices can be beat by any of the online firms, Expedia , Hotwire, Airline sites, Kayak , etc.. Third, they will not let you review any paperwork until they have some of your money !
When or if you want to cancel , runaround will start. 4. The vacation vouchers are for other RCI type sites and cannot be used on Hotel, resorts or itmes like this. It is ashame PB is such a nice place .
5. I am not sure why they want to take advantage of people that already bought units and now they want to squeeze more money from them. Has anyone had a good experience other than the One that appears to be an ICE employee

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cheer: I have the Black Diamond Membership and just came on here to look up the phone number to call my account manager to have my yearly fees reimbursed. I have been doing it every year for the last 2 years and I love the fact that I can use the money I pay each year in fees now for airfare. I fly my Mom here for Christmas every year. Why not, I know Im not going to go to Mexico right now so I may as well get something out of what I pay every year anyway. My advice to you is to get an account manager you can talk to, ask some questions and have the exchange process explained. The membership works. I got 2 free vacations with my membership and used them right away -went on the Epic for a free cruise with my husband and ALSO went to Hawaii with 4 people for the other free vacation- had a ball on both.

Does anyone else find it suspicious that this is her one and only post?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
:cheer: I have the Black Diamond Membership and just came on here to look up the phone number to call my account manager to have my yearly fees reimbursed. .

Does anyone else find it suspicious that this is her one and only post?

She thinks we're idiots. What else can I conclude if she expects us to believe that she came to the TUG BBS because she was looking up the phone number of her account manager. Why would TUG have the name of her account manager? Wouldn't there be better places to get that information, such as from her paperwork? Or perhaps by contacting the resort?

But no, she just happened to come here to look up the number of her account manager, and then she just happened to find this thread, and just happened to decide that she needed to post.

The last time I saw a load that big was a couple of days ago when I got stuck behind a full garbage truck making a run to the local landfill.

mjhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Puerto Vallarta
ICE and its past

First, when they say they work for PB , not true; They are ICE , Our Vacation Center and who knows how many other companies.]

Just a bit of history. Wife and I are Pueblo Bonito owners (Sunset Beach) for 6 years now and have been back every year (watching the whale migration from your balcony can be addictive). When we bought (this was before TUG for us), among the numerous bits of info we were given accompanying a brochure describing ICE was the salesman's explanation that ICE was a high end travel agency created by Mr. Ernesto Coppel (owner/developer of Pueblo Bonito Resorts) for his wife and that she was in charge of that "branch". At the time, at least, there were no other direct connections (like RCI, etc mentioned in this thread) but it did act as a travel agency, with emphasis on cruises. It was "free" but required registration/activation, so in that sense, it was much less encumbered than the Black Diamond product. We never used the services, but did check out the cost of several cruises comparing ICE to other sources and it wasn't any less expensive. Nor will we sit through a Black Diamond presentation. However, I will say we have been thoroughly pleased with our ownership at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Black diamond

is just another selling ploy. When ICE fizzled out because of all the bad press, they came up with something new.

LindaYellen

Reaction score
Last edited: