• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort

Anne N 81

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've looked but can't find any resort layout or floor plans.
Do any units have an ocean view?
What building / unit should I request?
Thanks!
Anne

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Bill4728

Reaction score
I've looked but can't find any resort layout or floor plans.
Do any units have an ocean view?
What building / unit should I request?
Thanks!
Anne
The resort is about 3/4 mile from the ocean and a few rooms on the top floor have a distant view of the ocean. Most rooms have a nice garden view or a view of the golf course.

pgiles

Reaction score
3-hole putting course?

I know that Hilton Waikoloa Village resort has an 18-hole Seaside Putting Course (see http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/resort_activities/seaside_putting_course.cfm) but this brochure for HGVC at Waikoloa Beach Resort mentions a 3-hole putting course. Does anyone know if the resort has its own 3-hole putting course? We didn't stay there but we visited the property in Dec 2009 and it wasn't obvious.

greenwich3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed there a few times and don't think you can see the ocean from any of the buildings. You will see the golf course.

You will enjoy staying there.

mb_cik

Reaction score
We were just there for 2 weeks and had a great time. There is no view of the ocean from this resort as its too far away. Its possible you might see it from a few 3rd story rooms, but I don't consider that an ocean view due to distance.

The property is not very big so you are always within easy walking distance of the pool and lobby.

Building 17 and I believe building 16 have no plus or premier rooms since they back up against the road. If you want to spend time out on the lanai and don't want that little bit of road noise, then I don't recommend staying in these two buildings.

Have a great time, it's a wonderful facility! Let me know if you have any more questions about it.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice brochure, pgiles. Thank you for the link.

What are the building numbers of the buildings that are not facing the road, please?

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there in December - no ocean views, but still nice! We used the free Hilton shuttle to go to the Hotel every day to swim and play at the beach. LOVED OUR STAY!!!

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see all of the responses are very positive for this resort. When I made my reservation for the Big Island I really didn't think about staying here. I had made my mind up if I'm going to the Big Island only once in my life, I will stay at Kingsland. I hope I have as positive experience as you did at the Beach Resort.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
we have a 2 bedroom unit reserved at this resort for Nov., 2012. I see on the one site it states the 2nd bedroom has 2 double beds. since we will be 2 couples, do any of the units have king beds in both bedroom?

Suzanne

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
we have a 2 bedroom unit reserved at this resort for Nov., 2012. I see on the one site it states the 2nd bedroom has 2 double beds. since we will be 2 couples, do any of the units have king beds in both bedroom?

Suzanne

I would call the resort. They can answer the question and then if there are units that have king beds in both you can see if they will allow you to request that.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see all of the responses are very positive for this resort. When I made my reservation for the Big Island I really didn't think about staying here. I had made my mind up if I'm going to the Big Island only once in my life, I will stay at Kingsland. I hope I have as positive experience as you did at the Beach Resort.

Kings' Land is much larger (more buildings) and the grounds and pools are just gorgeous. You will enjoy it! We were there last June.

The two resorts are about 10 -15 minute walk apart, with Waikoloa being closer to the Hilton Hotel. I walked from Kings' Land to Waikoloa one day just to see Waikoloa, as I already had a reservation made for this summer.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kings' Land is much larger (more buildings) and the grounds and pools are just gorgeous.

But the actual units are the smallest of the three HGVC timeshares in Waikoloa.

robertr55

TUG Member
Reaction score
a couple of things

A couple of thoughts, as we just spent a week in the Hilton Waikoloa last month.
1> The resort is very nice, and although I wouldn't call it an "ocean view", we could at least see the ocean from the lanai on our 2nd-story unit (325=bldg 3, room 25). The sunsets were great, and I suspect there are a few other units that have the same view, but I wouldn't count on getting one of them.
2> If you stay there, I'd recommend walking/riding over to the Hilton Hotel and just wander around...it has a bit of a "Disneyland-ishness" to it, but we found exploring it to be quite fun.
3> The Kings Land property is definitely nicer (you should wander around it also), but we preferred to have our spaciousness on the inside (Waikoloa) as opposed to the outside (Kings Land)...just depends on what you're looking for.