• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham will change you to RCI from II unless you write them a letter

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, have not received an email from Wyndham. Shortly after my post of Apr. 8 I sent a preemptive letter to Wyndham telling them that I wish to stay with II. I have heard nothing since.

In spite of my preemptive letter, today I received the email informing me that I have been switched to RCI, effective today, and that I should send a letter if I wished to stay with II. In a phone conversation a Wyndham rep tried to reassure me that, if I sent the previous letter, I would not be switched. However, I will send another letter just to be sure.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I received an interesting letter today…

From Pat Taylor Membership Marketing , Interval International….

"You may have received a letter from Wyndham Vacation Ownership informing you that they have selected RCI as their exchange company and as a result, your membership with II will be automatically transferred to RCI

However, we want to assure you that you still have the right to retain your membership in II. (their emphasis)"

just return the attached form….blah blah blah

"Wyndham Vacation Ownership will remit the yearly membership fee included in your annual Club Fees directly to II

As a thank you for renewing your membership with II, you'll get a Resort Accommodation Cert every time you receive a confirmed exchange using your Club Wyndham Membership. This will continue until December 31, 2017."

(price is from $249-$449 depending on unit size - can reserve from one year out to 24 hours out and you can get a guest cert for this resie)

I am staying with II - and I NEVER got the letter from Wyndham telling me they were going to switch me to RCI.

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sent the letter back to Wyndham. I have both II and RCI Wyndham account. Note 2 separate contracts. I personally trade 5 to 1 with II to RCI. Better resorts Hyatt for the Keys, Marriott for Ft. lauderdale, West Palm.

RCI for Europe, seems,they have more resorts over there.

Just my personal opinion.
Don

mollydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got my letter via email today

I'm sending in a letter to Wyndham to protest the change. I'm also cc'ing Interval and am calling them.

To those who sent in a letter: Were you successful in keeping your II membership?

lisa1001

TUG Member
Reaction score
My account was not changed and I received nothing from Wyndham stating that I would be switched.

How was it decided as to which accounts to switch or not switched?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm sending in a letter to Wyndham to protest the change. I'm also cc'ing Interval and am calling them.

To those who sent in a letter: Were you successful in keeping your II membership?

Yes, everyone has been successful as long as they sent back the letter stating they want to stay with II.
Keep a copy of the letter as proof you did this.
And definitely call II and tell them you want to stay with them and to please not this and the date you called on your account.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
My account was not changed and I received nothing from Wyndham stating that I would be switched.

How was it decided as to which accounts to switch or not switched?

I am sure Wyndham would like to switch all II accounts. They seem to be spreading out the sending of the letters.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
If you did not return the letter?

My friends who own W were having a lot of personal issues when the letter came and did not act on it.

Now that things have settled down they are very upset that they are now with RCI and not II.

What recourse do they have if any?

It seems strange to me that W can just turn around and force this change on people.

Thanks for any help you can give them.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that things have settled down they are very upset that they are now with RCI and not II.

What recourse do they have if any?

They could call Wyndham and complain about the short notice as well as the method Wyndham chose to do this. They could refer to the other issues they had at the time. They could also call II which is not happy about losing Wyndham accounts and perhaps can help. II even has a form for Wyndham owners where you can request that you keep your II account and send it back to II who will then deal with Wyndham. See GrayFal's post of July 7 above. Perhaps that could work even if that form is sent to II after Wydham's deadline.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They could call Wyndham and complain about the short notice as well as the method Wyndham chose to do this. They could refer to the other issues they had at the time. They could also call II which is not happy about losing Wyndham accounts and perhaps can help. II even has a form for Wyndham owners where you can request that you keep your II account and send it back to II who will then deal with Wyndham. See GrayFal's post of July 7 above. Perhaps that could work even if that form is sent to II after Wydham's deadline.

Thank you, I'm going to suggest they call II and see if they'll help and what they suggest.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I'm going to suggest they call II and see if they'll help and what they suggest.

Note that the letter and form that GrayFal received came from Pat Taylor of II Membership Marketing.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Note that the letter and form that GrayFal received came from Pat Taylor of II Membership Marketing.

That is who I suggest you contact....call the Wyndham II desk.
877-475-3626

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you both again.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got a email letter stating they are going to change my account to RCI from II. I just wrote them a letter telling them I don't want to change. Unless you write them the change will be automatic.

Daniel

This thread was started February 4, 2014.
It is now September and I JUST got my email...

September 4, 2014

Re: xxxxxxxxx

Dear GrayFal,

As a CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus member, you have an opportunity to explore a variety of travel options, simply by using your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points. One such value-added benefit is membership into a worldwide exchange company, providing access to thousands of vacation destinations all over the world!

Currently our records indicate your exchange company is Interval International (II). While in the past, we did not have the ability to change your worldwide exchange company, we are pleased to announce that has changed and we can offer you even more vacation options.

In an effort to further enhance the service we provide to our valued owners, as well as simplify our product offerings, CLUB WYNDHAM Plus has selected RCI as their exchange company. As a result, your membership with Interval International will automatically be transferred to RCI effective September 4, 2014.

blah blah blah

If you have an existing point deposit with Interval International (II) you will continue to have use of your Interval International (II) membership until your deposit is depleted.

You don’t need to do anything to receive your new RCI benefits! If for some reason you do not wish to use RCI as your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus’ exchange company you must provide written confirmation to us at the address below that is postmarked no later than September 14, 2014.

Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Att: Club Management
6277 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

If you have any questions about this change, please contact an Owner Care representative at 855-800-6749 Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (EST)

Gee WYN, thanks for the notice!
Annoying that I have to spend the time and money to mail a letter and they just get to email me :rolleyes:

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Got mine yesterday and immediately fired off a letter telling them I was staying with II.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread was started February 4, 2014.
It is now September and I JUST got my email...

Apparently the form you received from and returned to II didn't work?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As promised, I received an AC for an exchange I made with II

Studio $249, 1,2,3 BR 299,349,399

Has a grid, can place a request if more then 60 days out.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Apparently the form you received from and returned to II didn't work?
Two separate companies, who obviously have two separate agendas.
I am happy with the results :clap:

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I own W with an RCI account. Since I am thinking about buying another W resale contract, would it be possible to get II access for free with the new contract?

If so, I guess it will be difficult for me to find a seller that has II and not RCI. This info isn't normally advertised in the ads.

Also, while W is letting you stay with II for now, do you think they can force you to move to RCI in the future?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
At one time there were specific Wyndham properties that were II only. That changed several years ago. When that changed anyone purchasing those resorts as a new resale would be set up in rci only from that time on. So there is no option for new purchases to get a Wyndham II account.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Also, while W is letting you stay with II for now, do you think they can force you to move to RCI in the future?

I believe that if Wyndham could have forced us into II they would have done so. There must be a reason why they couldn't do that. As it is, it seems that they did things in a way that would assure that the maximum number of us would be switched to RCI.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At one time there were specific Wyndham properties that were II only. That changed several years ago. When that changed anyone purchasing those resorts as a new resale would be set up in rci only from that time on. So there is no option for new purchases to get a Wyndham II account.

That is correct. All resales now go to RCI for exchanges.