• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Took the plunge on 126K Wyndham points

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
So here we go first points purchase resale of course , 126K annual. Received the estoppel letter from Sumday (much thanks to Tuggers for the suggestion ) and everything on it is as listed. Says comes with 2014 point allotment, so my question is , if I receive the points prior to the end of 2014 (anniversary date is Jauary 1 annually) what can I do with them, as I will not be making any reservations with Wyndhan until 2015. Looking for Bonnet Creek during their value season in April .

:)

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
So here we go first points purchase resale of course , 126K annual. Received the estoppel letter from Sumday (much thanks to Tuggers for the suggestion ) and everything on it is as listed. Says comes with 2014 point allotment, so my question is , if I receive the points prior to the end of 2014 (anniversary date is Jauary 1 annually) what can I do with them, as I will not be making any reservations with Wyndhan until 2015. Looking for Bonnet Creek during their value season in April .

:)

Depositing them to RCI is really about the only thing you'll be able to do with them if you're not going to use them.

Wyndham is really moving slowly again now on transfers - I've got one coming up on 8 weeks Wednesday.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
As this is your first Wyndham points package - no RCI setup has occurred then. You might be losing the points - suggest you figure 8-10 weeks after you sent money into the sellers (if a regular eBay seller) -- that you will have an online Wyndham account. And then another 6-8 weeks for YOUR RCI account - if you get on Member services immediately.

So come Nov 1 --- where can you or family go to use up those 126K in 2014 points. Remember, you will get ONE free GUEST CERTIFICATE and you will have 1 Reservation Transaction (so you could also book your 2015 points on the SAME DAY, preserving your 2015 RT for use in 2015) and Housekeeping credits of 126K.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you are in Canada, are you NEAR the Shell Resorts in Ontario - now that we Wyndham points members are able to reserve them --- perhaps an early December getaway?

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does it matter that I have an RCI weeks account ?
So I cannot use the credit pooling either? So much still to learn :-(

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
You MUST credit pool BEFORE the USE YEAR starts.

The RCI account is a corporate account though Wyndham - you have to have a Wyndham Member account first.

I think I have 3 RCI Weeks, 2 RCI Points accounts and an II account. And I think somehow one of my RCI Weeks accounts GOT killed off --- gone. I am working on solving that ISSUE.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
You MUST credit pool BEFORE the USE YEAR starts.

The RCI account is a corporate account though Wyndham - you have to have a Wyndham Member account first.

I think I have 3 RCI Weeks, 2 RCI Points accounts and an II account. And I think somehow one of my RCI Weeks accounts GOT killed off --- gone. I am working on solving that ISSUE.

Wait - I forgot my Shell RCI and II corporate accounts. :ignore:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Does it matter that I have an RCI weeks account ?
So I cannot use the credit pooling either? So much still to learn :-(

No. Wyndham will open a new, separate RCI account (what you can do down the road though is close your current RCI account and have them add the resorts to your Wyndham-provided one so that you're not paying twice for separate RCI accounts).

Unless you're VIP you can only credit pool prior to the start of your use year, so once you get the account set up you'll be able to pool the 2015 points if you want.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all , I'll just wait to see what I can do once everything is transferred, in the mean times I will continue to read and read and read.

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie myself - waiting for my Wyndam account to be set up after making my first resale purchase (thanks Tuggers!), but can't you make a reservation with your points and then cancel it to extend their useful life?

Bryce

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie myself - waiting for my Wyndam account to be set up after making my first resale purchase (thanks Tuggers!), but can't you make a reservation with your points and then cancel it to extend their useful life?

Bryce
Only if you then deposit the cancelled points into RCI. Otherwise you are actually shortening the useful life if you had to borrow from a future year to make a current year reservation.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience with the RCI setup was that the squeaky wheel really does get the grease...provided you squeak nicely. The regular vacation counselors are not the people to talk to -- you need to talk to the folks who actually do the transfers.

First of all, do not assume that the RCI setup happens automatically -- it does NOT. You have to fill out the request for an account (which you may have done as part of the closing process) and submit it to Wyndham.

Once your Wyndham account is set up, I would call Wyndham back and ask about the progress of the RCI setup. You might also call the Wyndham/RCI VC's (different people from regular reservations folks) and ask them to check with the other branch of Wyndham.

When you talk to them, be nice and explain the urgency. You have a full year's worth of points and no opportunity to use them, except to deposit them into RCI. You don't want to lose those points.

RCI is not a trivial benefit. Last December, we got a full-week 2 bedroom at Disney's Old Key West resort at WDW for 126,000 points.

Once you get set up, you will also have access to RCI's Extra Vacations and Last Calls. We got a last call this summer (also in the WDW area) for a full week in a 1 BR for $328 including all taxes and fees.

djohn75087

Reaction score
Just call Wyndham if your tranfer goes through in time

When I bought my first Wyndham points the sale was completed by Wyndham in September and the anniversary date was in October. The account had about 250k in it that would be expiring October 1st. I just called Wyndham and told them that my RCI account had not been set up, but I wanted to deposit the points so they made a note on my account. When my RCI account was finally set up I called Wyndham and they brought the points back for me and placed them in RCI. We ended up getting 2 pretty nice vacations with those points.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
As this is your first Wyndham points package - no RCI setup has occurred then. You might be losing the points - suggest you figure 8-10 weeks after you sent money into the sellers (if a regular eBay seller) -- that you will have an online Wyndham account. And then another 6-8 weeks for YOUR RCI account - if you get on Member services immediately.

So come Nov 1 --- where can you or family go to use up those 126K in 2014 points. Remember, you will get ONE free GUEST CERTIFICATE and you will have 1 Reservation Transaction (so you could also book your 2015 points on the SAME DAY, preserving your 2015 RT for use in 2015) and Housekeeping credits of 126K.

Hi Linda, so our first contract closed a few days ago, and can you believe it I had my RCI account was set up by Wyndham in less than 24 hours :whoopie: so I have 126K to deposit into RCI for 2014, but I also want to make a 2015 reservation with Wyndham. You said I get one RT for each contract per year, so does this mean I will be using 2 RT one to deposit 2014 week into RCI and then one to make a reservation for 2015?

I also have another contract that I am awaiting closure (probably another month to go). This one also has 2014 points with it that I am planning on depositing to RCI, so will I receive another RT for this contract/year as well?

Sorry for so many questions, but I am trying to use these RT's to my full benefit
Thanks

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
You get one RT every year for each 77,000 points you own. (You would need at least 154k to get two RT's.)

One RT is good for all the reservations that you make within one day.

RTs should transfer with the contract, but just because all points are available it doesn't mean that all RTs are still available. The previous owner could have done something that didn't touch the current year points but still used an RT.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
You get one RT every year for each 77,000 points you own. (You would need at least 154k to get two RT's.)

One RT is good for all the reservations that you make within one day.

RTs should transfer with the contract, but just because all points are available it doesn't mean that all RTs are still available. The previous owner could have done something that didn't touch the current year points but still used an RT.

Thanks so is it per contract per year or per membership per year?

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so is it per contract per year or per membership per year?

If you own 126,000 points, you have 1 RT.
If you own 154,000 points, you have 2 RTs.

It does not MATTER if it is 2 contracts or 1 contract or 3 contracts, RT are awarded each USE YEAR, by the number of points on the Start Date for that member number.

Most Member Numbers start on Jan 1st each year. If ONLY the 126K is there on Jan 1, 2015 ... you will ONLY have 1 free RT ... after the first use, then you will have to BUY one, to do you next adventure (book a reservation, deposit to RCI, etc).

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own 126,000 points, you have 1 RT.
If you own 154,000 points, you have 2 RTs.

It does not MATTER if it is 2 contracts or 1 contract or 3 contracts, RT are awarded each USE YEAR, by the number of points on the Start Date for that member number.

Most Member Numbers start on Jan 1st each year. If ONLY the 126K is there on Jan 1, 2015 ... you will ONLY have 1 free RT ... after the first use, then you will have to BUY one, to do you next adventure (book a reservation, deposit to RCI, etc).

Ok got it, so I will soon have two contracts total of both equal 252,000 so for 2015 usage I will receive 3 RTs for 2015

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
IF both of the deeds are under your member number before Jan 1, 2015 ==> then your member number will have the 3 RTs.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your account/member number is setup and you can get online, get online & request your Member Directory AND start reading it. There is so much to learn in the book ....

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your account/member number is setup and you can get online, get online & request your Member Directory AND start reading it. There is so much to learn in the book ....

Already ordered thanks :)

persia

Reaction score
Is it still the case that RCI needs to be set up separately? It's just an extension 0f your wyndham account, with the same member number and you have to access through the wyndham menu. I would have thought everything is done for you now.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Is it still the case that RCI needs to be set up separately? It's just an extension 0f your wyndham account, with the same member number and you have to access through the wyndham menu. I would have thought everything is done for you now.
Your RCI account that is accessed via RCI.com will be setup separately. I know a couple folks who joined Wyndham this year and their RCI account accessed via the Wyndham portal was setup automatically.