• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shawnee Ridge Top HOA Sale ...via a BID

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got an HOA notice of FW intervals up for sale for the Ridge Top Village.

These are "starting" bids with Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (like SKI weeks) starting at $1350 to $2250, summer weeks starting at $2250. Lowest starting price is $1850 with the highest starting price at $2250. There are 2 original FLOAT deeds - for $3800 each which gives you one each of a FLOATING PRIME WEEK and a NON-PRIME WEEK each year ==> naturally, double the MFs.;)

While these are offered to owners in GOOD STANDING ... try and see what happens. PM for contact info.

lcml11

Reaction score
Just got an HOA notice of FW intervals up for sale for the Ridge Top Village.

These are "starting" bids with Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (like SKI weeks) starting at $1350 to $2250, summer weeks starting at $2250. Lowest starting price is $1850 with the highest starting price at $2250. There are 2 original FLOAT deeds - for $3800 each which gives you one each of a FLOATING PRIME WEEK and a NON-PRIME WEEK each year ==> naturally, double the MFs.;)

While these are offered to owners in GOOD STANDING ... try and see what happens. PM for contact info.

If anyone wants to buy at this great location (I do not own there but visit regularly, wait until the bidding period is over and approach the Wyndham Managed Resort person that handles inventoried take backs and make a offer. I know someone who got a heck of a deal and a whole less purchase price.

P.S. I think Ridge Top/Ridge Top Summit is the best of the lot, including the newest one at Shawnee Village.

Maybe one of our friendly mega rentors might offer them a bundle deal and make a mint off of it. I just do not want to be in the mega rentor business.

Last edited:

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
A few months ago I got a unit, RT007 at Ridge Top for -$200. All closing and transfer fees were paid by the seller, and the auction went for $.99 with a $200 gift card was thrown in to the sale. The seller decided to charge me $0.00 for the auction.

Now this is a fixed week in the summer, not a ski season time, but it fits my summer relaxation schedule. I may use it or just hand it off to others, relatives who live in the Philadelphia area.

So, before jumping into something over $1,000, watch eBay for the real deals.

Jim

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted this as the area has a very LARGE drive to population - ski weeks and summer weeks might have VALUE (even at this level) to some people. Also, it is a HEADS up that some of the HOAs in the Wyndham family are NOT turning over ALL their foreclosed units into CWA whenever Wyndham asks for deeds - Wyndham pays $1 per deed - HOA (and the paying owners) get to eat all the legal costs and all the carrying costs until a request is made.

Wyndham controlled HOA boards DO NOT sell inventory to ANY other source other than Wyndham.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I got a unit, RT007 at Ridge Top for -$200. All closing and transfer fees were paid by the seller, and the auction went for $.99 with a $200 gift card was thrown in to the sale. The seller decided to charge me $0.00 for the auction.

Now this is a fixed week in the summer, not a ski season time, but it fits my summer relaxation schedule. I may use it or just hand it off to others, relatives who live in the Philadelphia area.

So, before jumping into something over $1,000, watch eBay for the real deals.

Jim

Jim,
The MFs are Shawnee are very reasonable - in the $600-650 per week general.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Jim,
The MFs are Shawnee are very reasonable - in the $600-650 per week general.

Yes. Mine is $640/year (2014). For a nice two bedroom, that is pretty good, as far as I am concerned.

Jim

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus, Shawnee still allows week's OWNERS DAY USAGE for free ... check in at the Front Desk and they provide wristbands. With an indoor pool, indoor hot tub and gym - it is a great deal if you are in the area. Summer has 2 outdoor pools also open.