• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Entry Program/Pre-Check [Split from screaming woman thread]

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wait until we have to renew our Global Entry/Pre-Check/Nexus programs in 5 years or renew our passports :D

I was told at my Nexus interview if my passport expires before Nexus, then I'd need to bring new passport in so the info could be updated in their system. No appt required. I did think it odd when we were waiting before our initial interview that several office staff passing by kept asking us if we had an appointment or were drop-ins.

For Nexus renewal, I think I need an interview appt to show I'm still trustworthy. So I have to remember to start the renewal process 3-6 months in advance.

I renewed my passport and was able to update the info on my Nexus profile on-line. Also, did not need to go in for an interview for my Nexus renewal, which was great
as the nearest center is 5 hours away.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the information. My wife's passport renewal just came in the mail today (only took 3 weeks! Woohoo!). So I just filled out the online Global Entry application for both of us. Our overseas trip is not until October, so I assume we'll have plenty of time to complete the process.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
It will happen. I honestly don't remember how long it took for approval. But we weren't in a huge rush and I didn't want to schedule my appointment right away, so I didn't mind.

I'm on week 3 of my account stating pending approval...ugh, I really hope this gets approved soon...

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm on week 3 of my account stating pending approval...ugh, I really hope this gets approved soon...
My husband and I went for our interviews at the same time. His application was approved within a couple of days or so, but mine wasn't. Several weeks passed and I called the local office where we had applied. I had to leave a message. After several calls and several messages I finally got through to them and got my approval. I think my application must have gotten lost in the shuffle somehow.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I think my application must have gotten lost in the shuffle somehow.

...Or they had to coordinate the Special Response Team that will be waiting in the wings when you come in for your interview. (Is my paranoia showing? I really need to stop watching "Homeland.")

P.S. My husband's form was submitted two days after mine, and he got his approved three days before mine. :eek:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
...Or they had to coordinate the Special Response Team that will be waiting in the wings when you come in for your interview.
I already had had my interview.:)

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

My guess is with the increase in applications for Precheck and Global Entry the process might be taking longer than in the past.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got notified I was eligible for interview just over the 3 week mark of when I submitted the online application. The earliest appointment I could get within an hour's drive of my home isn't until the later half of August.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get after the interview? My next flight isn't until November and it's actually domestic, but I'd like to have the TSA precheck for it, even though it isn't guaranteed.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Does anyone know how long it takes to get after the interview? My next flight isn't until November and it's actually domestic, but I'd like to have the TSA precheck for it, even though it isn't guaranteed.

For Global Entry I had approval (by email) within an hour after the interview was completed. I was able to start using my KTN at that time. Your KTN is provided on the letter you receive online (be sure to take that to your interview).

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Global Entry I had approval (by email) within an hour after the interview was completed. I was able to start using my KTN at that time. Your KTN is provided on the letter you receive online (be sure to take that to your interview).

Thank you!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So how long do you wait once you have applied for global entry? Do you wait a few weeks, or do they send you a email to notify you to make the interview appointment.

I don't think we waited more than a week or so. Neither dh or I can remember if we got nemail letting us know we'd been approved. We may have just kept checking the website. Once you are approved you have a certain time period in which you need to have the interview.

We applied 5/16, and all four are still "pending review".

When you log in to the site, it will show you "application(s) in process" and the status of them to the far right.

I applied 5/12/16 and it still shows pending review, has anyone else waited this long?

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I applied 5/12/16 and it still shows pending review, has anyone else waited this long?

We were conditionally approved after about two weeks. The earliest interview appointment at ORD was two months out.

I've heard they are very backed up in approvals.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were conditionally approved after about two weeks. The earliest interview appointment at ORD was two months out.

I've heard they are very backed up in approvals.

Thanks, I'm so hoping I get the approval quickly as I've got a bunch of business trips planned.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Ouch. So I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for my 6/13/16 application. Thanks for letting us know, and please follow up when you get your conditional approval.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ouch. So I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for my 6/13/16 application. Thanks for letting us know, and please follow up when you get your conditional approval.

I just checked again today and it still says pending review.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
GOES Experience

We applied early evening Friday May 27, with my application completed @30 minutes later than DH's.

Exactly 3 weeks later we received clearance to schedule our interviews with DH's coming 10 hours before mine on 6/17. The earliest date near CLE was 9/22. Our next closest option is Port Clinton OH, about an hour's drive from our home. First available date was a Sunday- 7/17! In order to go together we opted for 4 days later and have the same interview time.

Very happy to think we should get our #s in time for a flight to Europe at the end of July.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Global Entry approvals are applied an hour or two after interview. Precheck can take a few weeks. When we had our GE interviews, mine didn't go to approve status. I called the next day. The officer had made an error. Fixed it. I was approved (My wife approved an hour after we left.)

Have both Precheck and GE has really changed travel for us. Coming back from Cabo June 11, DFW had a 3 hour wait in Customs/Immigration due a weather ground hold. Took us 10 minutes.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a NY Times article about what TUGGERs are currently experiencing. Just as pre-check suddenly became popular among TUGGERs, it did so within the populace at large. Now there is a big backlog on the processing of applications because so many people are applying at once.

Long term, I wonder if some of the advantages of having pre-check are going to disappear. I am sure more people using it will allow the TSA to screen more flyers more quickly, but with the migration to the pre-check lines, I wonder if those lines will slow down enormously. I have enjoyed the quick pass through to date, but will those days be gone as so many people start using the pre-check lines?

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Unless they expand capacity, it will become like frequent flier programs, where 95% of the passengers qualify for early boarding.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Here is a NY Times article about what TUGGERs are currently experiencing. Just as pre-check suddenly became popular among TUGGERs, it did so within the populace at large. Now there is a big backlog on the processing of applications because so many people are applying at once.

Long term, I wonder if some of the advantages of having pre-check are going to disappear. I am sure more people using it will allow the TSA to screen more flyers more quickly, but with the migration to the pre-check lines, I wonder if those lines will slow down enormously. I have enjoyed the quick pass through to date, but will those days be gone as so many people start using the pre-check lines?

I agree. Def seeing more people in pre-check lines. However, not unpacking my crap or taking off shoes-that's priceless-and won't change even with more people. the metal detector is easier. Still more convenient. What they will need to do, is expand the number of pre-check lines.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I agree, the lines will get more crowded. But there is the convenience of not having to unpack your bag and take shoes off. As long as those that are going through the pre check lines know what they are doing and move quickly, that will insure the lines moves. Going thru that general line can be painful sometimes when you get behind someone who hasn't flown in 10 years.

We flew the day after Orlando, and they had the pre check line closed in PHX. They let us walk through the shorter pre check line to scan our documents, but then made us go through regular security. Had to do the shoe removal, electronics and liquids. Luckily, it moved quick.

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had my TSA precheck interview a month ago, and still have not been approved. On the other hand, I renewed my passport using the online application and received my new book in 13 days.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the information. My wife's passport renewal just came in the mail today (only took 3 weeks! Woohoo!). So I just filled out the online Global Entry application for both of us. Our overseas trip is not until October, so I assume we'll have plenty of time to complete the process.

I guess I was wrong. I just got the pre-approval yesterday, but my wife hasn't received hers yet. I'll wait a little while to schedule the interviews, as we really want to go together. OTOH, it says I MUST schedule the interview within 30 days or I'll have to start all over. Sigh.

But the real problem is this -- the only interview center in northern California is at SFO, about 2 1/2 hours away. And it's booked -- wait for this -- until Dec 27! What?!?!

I see that there are several in LA, at least two near San Diego, and many far flung locations including in Canada. How can they put only one with hundreds of miles of a major metropolitan area such as San Francisco? Clearly it's overbooked -- why not put one in Oakland and another in San Jose? It's ludicrous.

Clearly I won't be able to book an interview until long after our October trip. Grrrr.

chrono88

TUG Member
Reaction score
We couldn't get into SFO either before our international trip, so we went on an extra vacation to San Diego and completed the process there. I also agree they should open up interview centers in either san jose or oakland.

Sent from my KFSAWI using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Just checked and I still have the pending review...dang at this rate, it will be approved in 2018.