• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Laundry plastic pods

scotlass

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with putting laundry pods in their checked luggage? Just wondered it they would explode. Thanks.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Has anyone had experience with putting laundry pods in their checked luggage? Just wondered it they would explode. Thanks.
We take tide laundry pods with us on our luggage all the time. We put it into the ziploc hard plastic tubs and it is fine.
You can put the tub into a plastic ziploc bag for added protection in case a pod explodes.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The pods should be fine in your checked bag. After all, the luggage hold of the airplane is pressurized just like the cabin. Putting them in a Ziploc bag for insurance makes sense if you're nervous, tho.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I've carried them with no incident as well.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
We take tide laundry pods with us on our luggage all the time. We put it into the ziploc hard plastic tubs and it is fine.
You can put the tub into a plastic ziploc bag for added protection in case a pod explodes.

That's how we do it, ziploc bags inside Gladware containers. We've never had a problem.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Thats what its called. Gladware containers duh :)

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'd like to see some of these exploding laundry pods. Sounds like fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I put them in a ziploc bag and then I insert the bag inside my running shoes for additional protection against bag handlers throwing the suitcases around. So far I have not had any incidents of them leaking out.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We put them in a ziplock bag, just in case, but we've never had a problem.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are still working through our stash of Purex 3 in 1 sheets. Bought six boxes on Amazon a few years ago. I really wish they would start making those again. Guess when we run out, we will have to move to the pods.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a warning to not travel with laundry powder in a zip-lock baggie in your carry-on! :D Believe it or not, friends traveling with us in HI did this as we were island hopping. Naturally, slowed things down quite a bit in security, ha.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are still working through our stash of Purex 3 in 1 sheets. Bought six boxes on Amazon a few years ago. I really wish they would start making those again. Guess when we run out, we will have to move to the pods.

I did the exact same thing. I have a small case I'm hoarding. I loved those sheets and have them now on a trip.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a warning to not travel with laundry powder in a zip-lock baggie in your carry-on! :D Believe it or not, friends traveling with us in HI did this as we were island hopping. Naturally, slowed things down quite a bit in security, ha.

This happened to us as well once. They actually took the bag of laundry powder away for testing. Always carry pods now.

Lynn

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

YES....I have exactly 2 of these sheets left after a recent trip. I love these for traveling. Amazon selling them for about $30 a box and Ebay you can find for $25 for a box. Both of which are too much money for me to spend on these. I will be doing the pods from this point forward.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman

I found a different laundry sheet on Amazon that works just as well as Purex and is not very expensive. It's called WashEZE. I bought it a while back but would assume it's still available. We use pods at home but like the sheets for travel.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not that laundry detergent might be confused for drugs. Rather, detergent is an ingredient in bomb making. Or at least that's what the TSA agents told me.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
It's not that laundry detergent might be confused for drugs. Rather, detergent is an ingredient in bomb making. Or at least that's what the TSA agents told me.

To date, they've never left a note in our cases saying they felt the need to inspect them, and I take several laundry pods with us every trip.

geekette

Reaction score

Detergent as a bomb making ingredient? I'm not sure anyone has been successful with that or we may have heard about it by now. Interesting, tho.

M&M

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing. I have a small case I'm hoarding. I loved those sheets and have them now on a trip.

We used all of ours up on our last trip, wish we would've bought more when they were available