• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone worked with company called Exit Pros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflog515

Reaction score
This company (Exit Pros) contacted us about "getting out from under our Timsehare". Their approcah was different than others who had previously wanted to 'sell' our Timeshare for us --- no sale here, just a transfer out of our name. Has anyone worked with this company? Do we even need this company --- from one of the posts we read today, can we do this ourselves if we have someone to give it to? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is the newest "ploy" in the timeshare industry. These companies register the timeshare deed to an LLC, and then bankrupt and abandon the LLC - along with the timeshare deeds. This creates an expensive and difficult situation for the HOA to try to recover the abandoned deed. It also means that the other owners at the resort will be paying the maintenance fee for the timeshare, until it can be recovered and resold.

Please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it, before you spend a cent with a company like this.

Why?
-You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
-You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
-You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
-You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
-You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.

There are TWO places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT - SO YOU SHOULD POST IN BOTH AREAS. There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay the 2012/2013 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple title transfer with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Many Tuggers (including me) have been using Legal Timeshare Transfers, a no frills document preparation company, and they are receiving good reviews on TUG.:

Legal Timeshare Transfers/Ready Legal
Lisa Short and Mary Pless
http://legaltimesharetransfers.com/

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012/13 for the new owner

4) Instead of paying a fee to a rescue company - consider offering a cash incentive to the new owner.

5) Here is the very important step that most people miss: Come back to TUG once a week and add more info. to your thread - this will bump it to the top of the page.

Good luck!

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This company (Exit Pros) contacted us about "getting out from under our Timsehare". Their approcah was different than others who had previously wanted to 'sell' our Timeshare for us --- no sale here, just a transfer out of our name. Has anyone worked with this company? Do we even need this company --- from one of the posts we read today, can we do this ourselves if we have someone to give it to? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

They called you. That is 99%+ certain to mean it's a scam operation. If you don't have extra money you want to lose then listen to Denise, find your own taker & don't even attempt to deal with these likely crooks.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have offloaded three timeshares doing just as Denise has suggested. While they were perfectly good timeshares, they were not "super duper" - I just wanted to downsize my portfolio.

Really,try Denise's suggestion before anything else! :cheer:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your post is similar to many other first timers here. Joe scammer will take my time share for several thousand dollars. However, there is no guarantee he will legally transfer it so you are still on hook. If he transfers to Viking Ship resort may challenge and you are still on hook.

Why not follow Denise's sage advice and offer $500-$1,000 in incentives to make a legitimate sale here? Wasn't it the incentives, deal you cannot refuse and some lies that got you originally? A lot less than scammer wants and you only pay to your closing company, not a PO Box in Podunk!

If in doubt, insist they provide you with legal documentation/proof that resort has removed your name and replaced it with theirs before they get any money.

It will be the olde 10/4 we're outta de back door on all four!.

Scammers change names continously so have to look at modus operandi!!

To your original question, yes you can go to skid row, find a bum with a valid drivers license and transfer to him for a jug of wine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey all.

I just wanted to post regarding Exit Pros. I understand there are MANY scams out there. Quite a few listing scams especially in the Daytona area. It is always good to be cautious and I understand the pessimism. Not all companies are scams however.

Exit Pros is what's called a timeshare relief company. By all means, if you can get out of your timeshare by offloading it yourself to someone then do so. If you have exhausted your options then a relief company may be an option for you.

Speaking specifically to Exit Pros. They meet with you IN PERSON and not just over the phone. They offer you all of the paperwork up front and allow you to consult with your attorney or theirs or both. They will only offer their services if your resort allows quick transfers (up to 4 months). However you are signing over to them immediately with transfer papers to get it out of your name.

Denise made some great suggestions but I do not believe it is wise to call a company fraud or associate them to a scam without first checking or doing research on the company. That is a bit reckless and amounts to defamation. There are some companies out there that do not scam. Disagreeing with their method is your opinion. Calling them a scam or speaking falsely about them is against the law. Please keep this in mind when posting about a specific company you do not know anything about.

Signing over to an LLC and dumping the LLC is against the law. Doing so is to commit fraud. THIS IS NOT WHAT EXIT PROS DOES.

THANKS!

(I do not work for Exit Pros, I have just worked with them in the past)

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the smell of shill in the morning

Lie from their website"

Q. Can my children inherit my timeshare when I die?​
A. In most cases, the heirs, successors or assigns of a timeshare owner can inherit the timeshare, and the financial obligation that comes with its ownership, when the owner dies. What many timeshare sales people won’t highlight, and what many timeshare owners fail to realize, is that most timeshare contracts include a “perpetuity” clause. Perpetuity means “eternity”. What this means is that timeshare ownership is a life-long commitment that requires you, and then your heirs, successors or assigns, to pay all timeshare fees forever. If you know that your children do not want your timeshare, then the best thing to do is to call Exit Pros and have us get you out of your timeshare so that your children will not inherit the timeshare.

This should read "to tell the executor to abandon the property as worthless and not trasnfer it to the heir's name"

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Denise made some great suggestions but I do not believe it is wise to call a company fraud or associate them to a scam without first checking or doing research on the company.

I just re-read my old post (strange how you used the search function to look for a thread that is 3 mos. old) and no where did I use the words "fraud" or "scam."

Since you seem to be an expert on this company, please tell us EXACTLY what ExitPros does with the timeshares they acquire?

Reaction score
@Rent_Share

If you read the bottom of my post I clearly state that I do not work for Exit Pros but I have worked with them in the past. This negates your Shill Comment.

As for the part you call a Lie in the Q&A: It is not a lie at all. While you may be able to "abandon" a property, that does not stop and WILL NOT stop a resort or financier from coming after the estate of the deceased. By definition, this includes the heirs of the estate. Simply trying to abandon a property, especially timeshare, is not a solution and is a burden that should not be left with people after your death. Also if planned in advance could also amount to fraud. That is horrible advice to give anyone looking to relieve loved ones of debt after they are gone.

Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Rent_Share

If you read the bottom of my post I clearly state that I do not work for Exit Pros but I have worked with them in the past. This negates your Shill Comment.

As for the part you call a Lie in the Q&A: It is not a lie at all. While you may be able to "abandon" a property, that does not stop and WILL NOT stop a resort or financier from coming after the estate of the deceased. By definition, this includes the heirs of the estate. Simply trying to abandon a property, especially timeshare, is not a solution and is a burden that should not be left with people after your death. Also if planned in advance could also amount to fraud. That is horrible advice to give anyone looking to relieve loved ones of debt after they are gone.

Thanks!

In simplest terms: You don't know what you are talking about. No one is ever required to accept an inheritance that they don't want, and there is a completely legal procedure to refuse an inheritance. This claim is just a scare tactic that unethical companies use to scare people into doing business with them. It works really well with senior citizens.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Rent_Share

Registering today for a timeshare site, when you no longer own one, resurrecting a three month old thread to sing praises of company, negates your denial of what you are doing

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
In simplest terms: You don't know what you are talking about. No one is ever required to accept an inheritance that they don't want, and there is a completely legal procedure to refuse an inheritance. This claim is just a scare tactic that unethical companies use to scare people into doing business with them. It works really well with senior citizens.

Which is why I pulled off the web site, they tell them the time share will be a burden forever ....

is that most timeshare contracts include a “perpetuity” clause. Perpetuity means “eternity”. What this means is that timeshare ownership is a life-long commitment that requires you, and then your heirs, successors or assigns, to pay all timeshare fees forever

This tactic is despicable

Reaction score
Denise,

ExitPros transfers the property utilizing a title company to a third party. The third party is a distributor of properties to travel clubs and resell resorts. It is as simple as that.

You are correct. You did not use the word scam or fraud in your post. However you did relate the company to a "ploy" and described that "ploy" as an illegal practice that would hurt someone's business if they are associated with such tactics.

I did not search for an old thread. This is the first and only link that is scam related regarding exit pros. It's disappointing to see that it's full of false and misrepresenting information about a company that I know personally to have excellent business practices.

Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is the 3rd Party Vacations Without Borders?

Reaction score
Rent_Share
How is letting people know that most contracts include a perpetuity clause "despicable". They absolutely include such clauses and it does transfer over to your heirs.

As far as me joining a forum. As I stated before, this is the only link related to Exit Pros regarding scams as they are a legitimate company. That is why I posted. I don't believe defamation against any business that executes fair practices is right.

Denise:

While you as the heir may be able to deny a specific inheritance, that does not mean that the estate can simply right it off and is no longer responsible for it. In the state of Florida timeshare is considered real property. This means that the resort will foreclose on the property and can/will take legal action against the estate and the estate heirs. This is common practice and a huge business in Florida.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Denise:

No. Vacations Without Borders appears to be a travel club of some kind. The 3rd party is a supplier to Travel Clubs, not a travel club.

Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Isn't this your email address? [deleted at posters request]

This means that the resort will foreclose on the property and can/will take legal action against the estate and the estate heirs

Wrong again - once an heir legally refuses an inheritance and files the appropriate documents with the court, they are off the hook...

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity specifically what did they do for you and what did they charge?

I am not familiar with Florida law but have discussed with very competent estate attorney here.

Executor formally advertises any and all creditors file a claim with estate by cut off date.

The executor then pays including any TS MF currently due and estate is closed. There in nothing for HOA to go after.

Kids have refused to accept deed and no way in Hell can they be forced to involuntarily accept any liability for estate obligations.

Reaction score
Denise:

No that is not my email address. I registered with a gmail account as I'm sure based on your post you already know. I'm pretty sure (going through the TOS now) that you just used private information from my account that you obtained as a moderator to publicly search me and provided false information that you have found.

I'm looking into this now. I will send you a PM in a moment so that you can speak with me privately.

Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gee, I'm sorry - my mistake - I will delete the email address:

How about any of these companies:

[Deleted at posters request]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Denise:

I have just forwarded your TOS to my attorney and I have also contacted the owners of the forum. You do have a privacy clause and you have utilized information provided privately to access information about me.

AGAIN, some false information provided. I have nothing to do with the companies you have listed other than one and that company has nothing to do with Exit Pros. However you have now just related that company to a thread related to scams and illegal practices. Also, because I own one of those companies you have just listed my private personal information to include name and address to the public.

You can guarantee that I will take legal action using all resources available to me.

You have turned a conversation regarding the legitimacy of a good company into a man hunt to try and disclose my identity because I have an opinion that differs. You have made a huge mistake in thinking I am a push over and you have made an even bigger mistake in violating the terms of such a large forum.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if that wasnt your email address, why are you offended?

also if you do not work for them, how do you know what they do and dont do as part of their services?

Reaction score
Paco,

You are right. People don't have to accept something if they don't want it. However you are forgetting that estate debt does affect the heirs inheritance essentially making the heir responsible.

For instance:
If my father leaves me $100 and he owes a resort $90, I'm only getting $10. If I am paid out before the resort debt is settled, then the resort does have the right to come after my $100 for their $90.

I am not disagreeing with anyone in this thread that believes there is a better way to do this. What I am saying is that it is not always as easy as "here takes this" when you want to get rid of your timeshare. I have a friend that pays nearly $8,000 a year in maintenance fees (owns around 1.8 million points). That is not an easy amount to just hand off to someone. Some times a relief company is your only option.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity specifically what did they do for you and what did they charge?

I am not familiar with Florida law but have discussed with very competent estate attorney here.

Executor formally advertises any and all creditors file a claim with estate by cut off date.

The executor then pays including any TS MF currently due and estate is closed. There in nothing for HOA to go after.

Kids have refused to accept deed and no way in Hell can they be forced to involuntarily accept any liability for estate obligations.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
nevermind, since you have threatened to sue in both the thread, and email...this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.